1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

My journey to watch MNIK (Review &spoilers)

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews - Members' started by donshema, Feb 17, 2010.

1. donshema

donshema SRK is my Family

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll SRK FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANS, :heart:

Hi My name is Shaimaa and I'm not a terrorist. First let me tell u what happened in my journey to watch the movie. I convinced two of my friends to come with me to watch the movie and they agreed because I gave them some movies before for SRK and they already know him.

We met last night and booked train tickets at 7:15 a.m train to cairo. I tried to sleep but I couldn't .....I swear may be I slept only half an hour from last night. I woke up at 5:50 and got dressed and on my toes I ate two pieces of biscuits and sneaked out of my house before my parents wake up and interrogate me :pound: :pound:

I met my two friends on the train, it was supposed to arrive at 8:30 so we will have time to take a bus to the theater to catch 10:00 a.m show. But strangely it arrived at 9:00 a.m.....I was :scared: not to catch the show on time. We took a bus and reached the street at 9:35 ......we had to go on foot to the building so we ran actually :D and finally got to the place at 9:50.....the theater was at the last floor so we had to literally run over the electronic stairs........:pound: they were already going up but we couldn't waste a second......we reached the place and booked three tickets. I wanted to be in front seats but my friends didn't.....any way there were no one else in the huge hall we entered .....so they chose another seats and I sat in the front lines :lol:

Other ppl came but just a few....then the movie began and I saw Rizwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan :love:......It was just him and me......no one besides me or in front of me so I felt it was a private show for me.

Everything was quiet....just me and him. Strangely and sorry to disappoint many of you I didn't like the movie at all........it was the worst movie I see in my life.

LIAR :cheer2: LIAR :cheer2: LIAR :cheer2:

OKAY you caught me ...:fear:....It was the BEST movie I watched in my life.......the least thing I can say about it is that it is PERFECT.......really no mistake in this movie......the dialogue is perfect......SRK and Kajol are perfect......KARAN is sooooooo perfect.......and the songs and background music :faint: OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG were more than perfect even the special effects are Perfect.

We all heard the songs before but in the movie they are different, especially (Allah Rahim)

But the strangest thing really is that my two friends cried tons.....:pound: but I didn't even shed one single tear......isn't that strange?

I felt the sadness of every word, every look but deep in my heart ....may be that's why I couldn't cry.....all I felt was me shaking from inside out......don't know how to explain that actually but I felt that it's my heart which sheds tears not my eyes......I couldn't cry also because I concentrated on how shahrukh played Rizwan so may be that's another reason. or may be I am autistic too who can't shed tears :crazy:

I was wearing my SRK t-shirt and I really enjoyed every scene in MNIK......:thumb:

The movie then was over and I wanted to see it again but my friends said they will travel back and I'll have to go back alone.....I decided to stay and watch it again no matter what happens later. I went to the hall again but this time there were so many young ppl.....so I could hear their laughing......sighs...

Even when Kajol first appeared two guys whistled :eyebrows:

It was the same fun may be more even though I couldn't have a break between the two shows :crazy:

The man who was responsible and who offered us before to watch a movie for free .....he met me outside and asked "how was it?"

And of course you all know what I must have said.....I also added "You really must see it"

so he said "okay.....I'll call my wife and watch the show at night"

The only thing that was inside my head after the movie finished and still invading my head nonstop is the song at the church "hum honge kamyab....ek din" :faint: :faint:

:frusty: I need help to GET it out of my head......I really can't.

May be because it's my first time to hear it ..I loved it soooooooo much that now I want to change my cell ring tone from "Noor-e-khuda" to "hum honge kamyab...ek din"

I really was amazed by Shah rukh acting, I felt pain for him just looking at his blank eyes......also felt so much pain in my heart for Mandira.

This part has no spoilers but the next sure will have some......Get ready.

2. donshema

Okay let's talk about the movie now......if you saw it please read and comment, if not mmmmmm then spoilers.

My fav scenes:

Actually and I swear I tell the truth.......I LOVED every single scene in MNIK.....even if it was just shah rukh crossing the street .......

my friends in fanfiction call me sadistic because I always write bloody scenes for our shahrukh......so I guess you already know now what are my fav scenes......The airport scene....the locked bathroom scene :faint:......the shaking on the ices scene......the interrogation scene......the action scene shah directed of course, the water scenes :faint:.......OMG I'm really sadistic yaar

But I really love to watch shahrukh acting those kind of scenes.....mmmmmmm about other scenes mm OMG I can't choose I really love allllllllllllllllllllll the scenes. There are scenes which touched my heart oops again these will be alllllllllllll the scenes. I really don't know what to say .......OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG am I repeating his words now :jaw:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp .......please some one really help me......you know I have this problem whenever I'm deeply touched by a character.......I imitate him or her.......Now I'm scared .......:eek:

To be continued

3. donshema

I feel that Rizwan should be the man that all the girls wish for........he is autistic and that's right.....but he is really a perfect man , right girls?

4. donshema

what about the missing scenes? I think karan made the movie shorter because of the europian and american audience.......but they deleted the scenes I really wished to watch in the movie :cool:

a question: is the version in USA, Uk of MNIK is in Hindi or English?.....I mean the background voice of shahrukh narrating . here it was hindi but I really want to hear the English version if there were any.

5. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

very nice!
    I am so glad that you got to see the film:thumb:

Gosh, there is so much I want to say but I am still take in the film and Rizvan:love::love::heart::madgrin:

and, and Shaimaa, why the hell you sit in the front. No one sit in the front:lol:
    I always sit in the middle.:p

6. souad1

souad1 New Member

was it sold out?how is the hype for the movie?

7. donshema

:pound: that's exactly what my friends and others said to me "Don't sit in the front".....even the girl who was booking our tickets......she was shocked when I insisted to sit in the front.

But I really enjoyed it....okay next time I'll sit in the middle......but I hate to see ppl's heads in front of me......I just want to see the screen and no distraction.

I'll sit with them next time.......promise :lol: :lol:

I really don't know what to say about the movie......I thought I'm going to write the longest review ever but I just can't find the words to describe how beautiful it was......so I talked about my journey not about the movie.....but I'll talk about it here again.....everything I'll remember I'll come and write it.

Thanks Meshanna :hug:

8. donshema

there were lots of people especially in the second show and they told me that numbers increase at late shows.....

ppl were laughing, crying so much ......I really heard them crying so hard.

They whistled when kajol appeared and in the wedding party when she was in the red sari.

I prefer to watch movies alone by the way.....that's why I enjoyed it more the first time because it was more quiet....but the second time I was happy to know the reactions of others for the movie ......they loved it.

My friends rate it 10/10 :eyebrows:

9. donshema

I remembered some scenes which shook me from inside out by his innocence:

the scene in the motel when he said to the man who was shouting against Muslims "My name is Khan and I'm not a terrorist"......OMG he was so innocent and when he was shaking while the man was shouting.....it was breath taking

another one:

when she told him that she is moving to Panvill and he said "Mandira take me with u, take me with you, please take me with you" I felt so sad he looked like a child who was scared to be left alone.....Great dialogues and great acting...hats off

another one
    all MARRY ME scenes were so beautiful especially when she asked him "khan....marry me" omg the look on his face......the shyness......ppl in the hall laughed so much in that scene

mmmm......let me update when I remember more.

10. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

:lol::thumb:
    same here, I want to write a review(CAUSE i REMEMBER EVERYTHING:D)but its like I will just write too much:lol:
    me and my sister just keep talking about the film and every scene:D
    we just love Rizvan:love::heart:

11. maymay

maymay New Member

congrats shaima on finaly watching MNIK :)
    I know how you feel :) :)
    I too finaly got to watch it & very, very happy :)
    in fact, i am inspired by you to write about my own journey to watch MNIK :)

12. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

:lol: i love those scenes you mentioned but not the ones in jail or anything, i felt his pain watching it!! :(

13. Pinky Iqbal

Pinky Iqbal SHAHRUKH LOVER

woooooooooow a nice review that really touched my heart.... :hug: i like all the scenes that u told but one more scene i lyk is where Rizwan says " LETS DO IT NOW" :eyebrows: :D

14. donshema

Thanks Maymay :hug:

Thanks Ru .....but I really loved those scenes because I felt his pain.....he just acted to well even with no words :love:

Thanks Asma .....I LOVED that scene too.......

other scenes that shook me from inside out :

when she went to see him around the fire at the end and that man stabbed him...Rizwan fell and that guy shouted "ya khudaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" OMG he fell and the expression of Kajol's face was fantastic.....I really felt me shaking....and after that shout "ya khudaaaaa' the part of the flash backs was amazing and soooooooooo touching when he was in the hospital......I just love this part

another one

when he was waiting for the presidents and a guy came and said "the president wants to meet u" wow the music of that song "hum honge kamyab" started and the gate was opened for them.....OMG I felt a sense of achievement

also:

the one his brother telling him he can't marry a hindu and hits the table which hurt him

mmmmmmm let me remember moooooooooooooooore.

15. donshema

another one oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

when she shouts at him "you killed my baby.....you killed him" he says so innocently "I don't understand Mandira..........also when he said "when can I come back mandira?"

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so touching

also
    when he says "being a muslim is not a bad thing"

mmm of course also
    the first time he met Hasina....when he walked with her in the street.....when she gave him the yellow cup :love: great scenes

the scene when he was hugging his mother to give her rest ......just for two minutes :lol: that was great and ppl in the cinema laughed at it

in the song tere nina....when she opens the door for him and he puts stuff on a table but turns and stare at her.......OMG he looks awesome staring at her...

when she says 'you know Rizwan?" and he says again innocently "I don't" .....:pound:

also the one when he said
    Mandira, can we have sex, please.....OMG that look on his face soooooooooooo naughty also kajol's expression OMG :lol:

mmmmmmm give me some more time to remember others :pound: