1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Music Launch of the song Saans, articles from the event

Discussion in 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan - Music' started by mumbiene, Oct 9, 2012.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Girls know how to love better than men: Shah Rukh Khan​
    Indo-Asian News Service Tuesday, October 09, 2012 (Mumbai)

Known for his romantic films, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan says that according to him women understand the emotion of love better than men. He says that love is a very simple emotion and needs to be kept private.

"Relationship and love is between two people. When you are in love you just have to be yourself. Simple things matter like listening to each other and giving a hug. Girls know how to love better than men. It needs to be very personal and quiet," he said at a promotional event of his latest love story, Jab Tak Hai Jaan.

Directed by Yash Chopra, the film also stars Anushka Sharma and Katrina Kaif. The actor said that he has not done such a romance for a while now.

"When we choose our films, as actors, we always try to choose different roles. I have not done a romance of this calibre for a while. I feel that if you have to do a romance, it has to be with Yash ji (Yash Chopra)," he said.

SRK has been a part of many super hit romantic films like Veer Zara, Dil Toh Pagal Hai and Mohabbatein, and said that feels he can emote love well.

"I feel I can understand and emote love. I like the whole idea of a love story. I fall in love with the story, idea and belief of love," he said.

But does he understand love?

"I don't think anyone understands love. We try to define it and give it names. I didn't know I would be so much in love with my kids before they were born. Love is very subjective and can happen in different ways, forms and with different people," the actor said.

After being an integral part of the industry for over 20 years, he said that there is nothing else that he would like to be other than an actor.

"I am happy to be here. I don't think there is any other place other than films where I would rather be. I would love to live and die just being an actor," he said.

"Everyone has been kind to me. I have got much more than what I deserve. I have been very fortunate and lucky," he added.
    http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story....word=bollywood&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA&nid=277577

Tash, Alenka, phul and 5 others thanked this.
  2. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

Witty SRK, Good Humoured Katrina Charm At The Music Launch Of 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan'

It was an unusual event but absolutely engaging and very entertaining. Unusual because there was no regular taam jhaam or shoshe baazi. Shahrukh Khan came on stage all alone. He showed the latest song (Saans) from his forthcoming film Jab Tak Hai Jaan to the media twice. And then Katrina Kaif joined him on skype from Chicago where she is shooting for Dhoom 3.

The comfort level between Kaif and Khan was apparent. Shahrukh has a natural respect and regard for women unlike a few of the other big stars in the industry. Even though it was very early morning in Chicago and she had been working all night, still Katrina kept coming up with witty one liners and there were times when she sensibly gave diplomatic answers to double edged questions from the media.

The duo didn't give away anything about the film. The conversation was primarily Katrina and Shahrukh centric. Anushka was hardly mentioned. Yash Chopra ji was bestowed upon with glowing compliments. Katrina said that when she had seen Veer Zaara, the scene where Shahrukh lifts Preity and takes her over a bridge was the most romantic scene that she had ever seen.

The event lasted for around seventy minutes. We shall be featuring a video tomorrow morning. But we also plan to feature lots of capsules from the event as it is solid content and I am sure there is a huge number of audience that will love to watch it.
    Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
    http://faridoonshahryar.blogspot.in/2012/10/witty-srk-good-humoured-katrina-charm.html

3. waiting for the video!!!

sistlashyamu says thanks.
  4. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh Khan releases ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ music[​IMG] [​IMG]

Agencies : Mumbai, Wed Oct 10 2012, 18:04 hrs
    Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan released the music of his much awaited forthcoming romantic film ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ on Tuesday.
    One of the film’s leading actresses, Katrina Kaif also graced the event through video conferencing.
    The film is a romantic drama where in Khan plays the role of an Indian Army officer romancing actresses Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma.
    Khan told reporters that the movie was an intense romantic film.
    “This film is very soulful and is made in typical Yashji film depicting his style of beautifully expressing love. Each of his film has its own identity and pace. The songs also show that the film is about the intensity of love but made in a very contemporary style,” said Khan.
    The movie is directed by Yash Copra who is known as the king of romance of the film industry.
    Khan also lauded his co-actresses Kaif and Sharma for their performances and said that he got to learn a lot from them.
    “I have learnt a lot from Katrina and Anushka because of the way they deal with certain situations in life, which gets reflected in the scenes they do. So, I have and I have said this after the first day of working with Katrina that I have, I think acted a lot differently. I was joking about the strumming of guitar with Katrina but there are lot of places where Katrina has very sweetly said me ‘can you try it like this,” said Khan.
    Khan teams up with Katrina Kaif for the first time, while he is paired with Anushka Sharma for the second time.
    The film is all set to hit the theatres across the globe on November 13.
    The music of the film is composed by Oscar winner music director AR Rahman and the lyrics are written by renowned Bollywood lyricists Gulzar.
    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/shah-rukh-khan-releases--jab-tak-hai-jaan--music/1014830/2

iamsrking, Tash and Alenka thank this.
  5. SharlaJ

SharlaJ Well-Known Member

Love can take different forms: SRK
    Team HT, Hindustan Times
    Mumbai, October 11, 2012
    [​IMG]

Shah Rukh Khan was in his element — and surprisingly, on time — at the launch of the song, ‘Saans’ from Yash Chopra’s much-anticipated next, Jab Tak Hai Jaan.

On love
    “Love remains the same. It doesn’t change. We give love a variety of names. I didn't know I would be so much in love with my kids before Ibecame a father. I know it will sound weird, but back in the day, I had a few dogs and I remember telling my wife (Gauri) that I don’t think I’ll be able to love my kids like I love my dogs. This was before my kids were born. And today, that statement stands untrue obviously. Yes, love can take different forms, in ways and with different people and different dogs too. It is very subjective.

On working with actors half his age
    Well, they all have fewer wrinkles for sure. But seriously, working with young actors is advantageous. In the case of Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Katrina’s approach to scenes is very different. I have been acting for over 20 years, but my co-stars’ ages have never affected me. I’ve been joking about how both the actors in this film are half my age. But I have learnt a lot from Katrina and Anushka (Sharma) in terms of how they deal with situations in life. Any female over the age of 18 is a woman and I respect them.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Enter...take-different-forms-SRK/Article1-943094.aspx

MaryAnnK, iamsrking, nika and 7 others thanked this.
  6. Shanti Chand

Shanti Chand BANNED.

He's not the first nor the last to work in a movie with younger co-actresses; journalists always underline that point but I still don't find it scandalous or wrong.
    In everyday life, all over the world, many men love younger partners, it's something always existed.
    Seems these "so called " journalists really come from another planet!

7. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

The most interesting thing is that the other actors his age are playing with the same actresses))) I'm curious, them also ask such questions :rolleyes:

nika and Shanti Chand thank this.
  8. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Shah Rukh Khan, a reckless lover no more

Published: Friday, Oct 12, 2012, 12:58 IST
    By Jayoti Soor | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

[​IMG]
    Shah Rukh Khan

“King of romance? I thought you were referring to me!” quips Shah Rukh Khan when we quiz him about working with filmmaker Yash Chopra who will be directing the superstar once again in Jab Tak Hai Jaan.

Shah Rukh, who can still make women go weak in the knees, both on-screen and off-screen, talks about his evolution from a romantic hero to an intense lover in his films.

“My physicality has only changed as an actor and not as a lover. I have started essaying intense roles with emotional complexities rather than the testosterone-driven reckless young lover,” he says.

Asked about being paired with actresses half his age, he smiles, “That’s the reason I am working with two leading ladies in Jab Tak Hai Jaan, so that their combined ages can add up to my own. But jokes apart, I can be whatever you perceive me to be. If you prefer young love, you will find it in me and if your tastes run into mature men, you know where to look!”

Talking about his real life perception of love and romance, SRK elaborates, “Contrary to the larger than life, macho or romantic roles I essay on-screen, for me love is about the simpler things in life. Right from lending a patient ear, laughing with each other to enfolding the other person in a much needed hug, these are the gestures that count in a relationship.”

He also talks about the varying definitions of love with the changing times.

“Before my kids were born, I had a couple of dogs and I used to tell my wife that I will never be able to love my kids more than these dogs. But things changed the moment I held my newborn in my arms. Eventually with time one does fall in love with different puppies or dogs,” he adds with a touch of self-effacing humour.

Leading lady Katrina Kaif, who joined in the conversation via Skype from Chicago where she is currently shooting Dhoom 3, says that it was her dream to work with the actor for the last eight years, “There were times during this film, when I would just look at Shah Rukh and would forget all about acting.”

The leggy lass adds that the tips SRK shared with her about playing his heroine were quite invaluable.

“He taught me how to act coy, put my chin down and look up to him. Shah Rukh would shout at me to stand straight and look into his eyes. Apparently, I was looking everywhere else but at him in all the romantic scenes!” she confesses.
    http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_shah-rukh-khan-a-reckless-lover-no-more_1751761

Tash, MaryAnnK and mumbiene thank this.
  9. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Baadshah of love

October 11, 2012
    By Lipika Varma
    DC
    Hyderabad

shah rukh khan.jpg.crop_display.jpg
    DC catches up with King Khan and is treated to a dose of his quick witticisms on romance and more.

Love for Shah Rukh Khan is all encompassing. Usually associated with romantic rather than action-oriented roles, King Khan has a unique take on love. "You have to believe in yourself and it has to be deeply embedded in you. Love in movies can be over the top. You have to be yourself; you can lose out on love when you think of bigger things. Love resides in smaller things. I loved my kids even before they were born and one day I said to my wife, 'I don’t know if I will love my kids as much as I love my dogs'."

About working with actors much younger than him, SRK jokes, "Yes they have fewer wrinkles. Katrina has a different approach to scenes than Anushka and this reflects in the way they do their scenes. This is because I have done about 50 films and they are about eight films old. I don't take lollipops for them on sets. I treat them as women. All said and done, how old do I look? Yeah you are right, I am 25 and Katrina is 23."

About being called an icon of the world, he humbly says, "When I get praises I go on the Internet and read all the bad things that are written about me and balance it out."

Not divulging much about his upcoming film Jab Tak Hai Jaan, SRK only says, "I haven't done romance of this calibre. I like guns and girls but romance is good. There are no guns in the film but only girls and I liked it."

Shah Rukh, however, refutes rumours that singer Rabbi's vocals for the song Challa in the movie did not suit him. "Let me clarify one thing, singers have been bestowed with unique potentials. I feel other talents can be enhanced with a lot of effort but the talent of singers is above other talents given by the Almighty. With all respect I have to say that the voice lent by the singer in JTHJ suits me to the brim," he concludes.
    http://www.deccanchronicle.com/tabloid/hyderabad/baadshah-love-233

MaryAnnK, Alenka, Tash and 1 other person say thanks.
  10. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

Is 46 the new 26?

October 20, 2012 Kshama Rao

Surfing his forties with trademark charm, Shah Rukh Khan says he feels energetic and that the different approach of young heroines towards acting makes working with them interesting
    Political correctness went out of the window at the launch of the song, ‘Saans’ from Yash Raj Chopra’s Jab Tak Hai Jaan. When Shah Rukh Khan narrated an incident from the film, his co-star, Katrina Kaif, who was virtually present via web conferencing (she was shooting the whole night for Dhoom 3 in Chicago), denied the whole thing! It prompted SRK to say, “Katrina, when I make up stories for the media, you are supposed to play along.”

SRK was also asked how he felt acting opposite girls half his age! If he was upset, he did show it with his sarcastic reply, “Well, Katrina has less wrinkles, so that’s an advantage. Jokes apart, her approach to acting is different from mine. So yes, that makes it interesting to work with younger heroines like her and Anushka. Forty-six is a good age to be. I am still energetic.”
    Asked how old his character is in the film, Shah Rukh quipped, “Well, I don’t know what age he is but if Katrina is 22 in the film then I am 24, if she is 35 then I am 37. All I can tell you is the character goes through a lifespan. There is a time frame.”

Apart from the sticky questions, SRK was at his wittiest best. He took charge of the situation as he said, amused, “Sometimes I feel, I alone am part of this film, promoting it.” He even joked with Katrina — who got connected after some minor hiccups — “You can’t see me? Hear my voice and imagine the face you like! Why aren’t you here with me at this launch because ‘Saans’ is your song? Are you more in love with the bikes in Dhoom 3?”

Must hand it to the star though for doing his best single-handedly to make the event as entertaining as possible. He cheered Katrina for her work ethic during the making of Jab Tak Hai Jaan. “You know how heroines are made to wear short dresses and shoot in crazy climates. She shot a song in -2 and -3 degree temperatures without any complaints.”
    SRK generously added, “JTHJ is a contemporary love story with the soul of the films Yashji was known for during his era. Katrina and Anushka (Sharma) contribute the cool and the hip factor to the film.”

While Mohit Chauhan has sung for SRK in the well-picturised ‘Saans,’ a journalist pointed out that Rabbi’s voice in the other song, ‘Challa,’ didn’t really suit Shah Rukh. The star calmly said, “Personally, I feel his voice suits me. People will continue to have their opinion. In my entire career, I have never asked the music director who is going to playback for me. A lot of singers have sung for me and successfully, beautifully so, but I have never insisted on any particular singer. That’s not my job.”

Shah Rukh then mentioned the late Mohammad Rafi, Kishore Kumar and Hemant Kumar as the three singers he has grown up worshipping and wishing they were around to sing for him. He also hummed Rafi’s ‘Abhi na jao chhodkar’, Kishore’s ‘Chala jaata hoon kisiki dhoon pe’ and Hemant Kumar’s ‘Bekaraar karke humein yun na jaeeye’ before signing off!

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/is-46-the-new-26/article4016398.ece

Debbie, SharlaJ, Alenka and 1 other person say thanks.
  11. sistlashyamu

sistlashyamu Active Member

which one?