1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Movie Marathon!

Discussion in 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' started by MaryAnnK, Jan 27, 2013.

1. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Yes, I had not given that too much thought, but I think it was trying to be showed how removed he was from personal relationships! He just didn't give a damn!! He rescues her and then he "just drives into the sunset!" so to speak.

Debbie and rubyroo thank this.
  2. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i've watched JTJH many times now, and still cannot get myself to like how Katrina portrayed Meera. i'm sorry. i mean it's ok, but not quite what i would have envisioned. Katrina was the right choice for the part, no doubt about it, but still would have loved a little bit more emotion displayed. anyway. Anushka is still my favorite, i love her role and her take on it. i think she was brilliant playing Akira. bravo to her. hats off.
    i still cannot get myself to liking the kisses. i think they were not necessarily part of the script, as they all say so, i think it was necessary in order to bring a little more chemistry to the duo, as Katrina couldn't meet her end. that's my honest opinion. the kisses were beautiful nonetheless, but still i am dissappointed that Shahrukh had to break his rule in order for things to work out :tsk:
    i still do not get how Akira got on that stone thingy in the first place before plunging in :lol:
    i think Shahrukh playing a 28 year old was very credible. he looked fabulous. of course my favorite look is the genist one :biggrin1:
    there's just so much to say about this movie. it's one of the most credible plots i've seen in a hindi movie. beautifully written and shot. it's just a work of art, Yashji, u will surely be missed...
    i love this movie and it's very close to my heart. could go on and on about it. hence my incoherent post :lol:

lol, almost forgot what i came here to say in the first place :pound: did any of u guys think that, in the scene were Samar finally lets Akira shoot him upclose while disarming a bomb, when he laughs that was actually really Shahrukh laughing at something Anushka said? it just seems to natural, her gestures as well as his. watch it and lemme know

MaryAnnK, Journey95 and Alenka thank this.
  3. Rishima62

Rishima62 Defying Gravity

Oh I have to come back later! Warning: I have so much to say about this movie - which I love, love, love.

About the laughing scene - no I don't think it has something with "real" laughing - he is just a brilliant actor and she is pretty good in appearing very natural in her roles too. So I think its simply good acting here :).

MaryAnnK, skrogers and Alenka thank this.
  4. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i dunno it still seems a bit too natural there, always made me think Yashji decided to include that in the film even though it wasn't part of the script or smth :biggrin1: i guess it's just me hehe

5. Rishima62

Rishima62 Defying Gravity

well - maybe they have a code word or something which makes them laugh all the time - who knows ;)

6. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh has said several times that he absolutely can’t produce a laugh on demand as an actor. People have to tell him jokes or his forced laugh comes out strained and artificial –according to him. Perhaps he’s being too self critical. I agree with you that he and Anushka are having a good time shooting this scene. They seem very comfortable with each other and their laughter seems relaxed and natural. Perhaps SRK has found his “laughter voice” as an actor or someone (Anushka?) had a comedy routine prepared to inspire him. Anushka displayed some of her best skills as an actress in this movie. Nothing she’s done since then comes even close.

The mouth on mouth kissing scenes in JTHJ are almost passionless. It’s interesting that SRK has had a no kissing on the mouth rule in the past, but is comfortable with kissing/touching everywhere else and even does nude lovemaking in bed. He’s one of the most “hands on” actors in Bollywood. :heart: :heart: :heart: :flame:

I finally watched Doom 3 on TV and was shocked at the scene by scene rip offs from other Bollywood movies. Aamir kissing Katrina at the train station was a complete copy from JTHJ, just shot at a different angle. Aamir's "other abled" character copy of SRK in MNIK wasn't anywhere near as good. The stunts and chases where right out of the Don movies, RA.One and CE. At least the script was original and interesting. Perhaps I'm being too prejudiced, because I don't watch that many movies if SRK isn't in them. The perfectionist dedication of Aamir to copy SRK in several scenes surprised me and detracted from the flow of the movie. What was he thinking? I know the two of them like to play off each other, but this was too much.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    MaryAnnK and Dea thank this.
  7. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i haven't seen Dhoom 3 and was planning on seeing it. but now i think i'll pass :ohwell: it doesn't surprise me of Aamir to do this...geez!

Mara says thanks.
  8. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

The script was anything but original and interesting. Also don't think he would have tried copying SRK in MNIK. And I didn't see any similarity between the kissing scene and action in dhoom 3 with any SRK movies. The action scenes were in line with the previous two dhoom films (though slightly more over the top).

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    Mara says thanks.
  9. Krisi_love_SRK

Krisi_love_SRK Well-Known Member

I see little Dhoom 3 but honestly i Like only Katrina ..She is pretty and dance very good expecally Kamili song...:faint:...but Aamir .....No thank you....yes last scene with 2 brothers was nice,and even one brother who was nice guy (does who love Katrina) dont make me like this movie and Aamir too..
    I understand why he wasnt nominated for best actor..really dont have too...sorry but it true:lol: the most funny part was Aamir's expressions.......For me its much better watch Katrina even she doesnt act so much than to watch Aamir's expressions...:laugh: I dont know Aamir copy Shahrukh or not ..but I cant sau if he really do it wasnt succesfull and Shahrukh's kissing scene with Kat in JTHJ is much better than Aamir's with her

10. Krisi_love_SRK

Very like your comment and i think like this too... Katrina was perfect choose for this role..yes i know if was other actress will be may be better and of course different ...but that is always like that...Meera is very good girl..of moment she in love with Samar she love him to end and because of that she was afraid to be with him because she dont want something bad to happpend to him,but still love him so much........Katrina was really so good..when she have to be sad she was,when she have to be happy she was.....some of her moment make me cry expecally when she cry for Samar in church scene and when he said "Done done London ...Happy wedding".....or end scene when they are finaly together and he give her ring and she said "yes"" see how happy was in eyes..I see ZNMD with her and Hrithik and she was very good in this movie too,but more herself and movie was somehow more funny ,JTHJ was more serious and her role different..and I really see different Katrina in JTHJ than in ZNMD .....I dont know its because of Yash Chopra movie or just Shahrukh's magic ,but she really do very good job and looks wonderfull with him..I'm sure if she work with him again will be much better :)
    of course Anushka is lovely too and make Akira very good.Shahrukh -no words .just perfect..How he played 2 character in one man ...Love the climax scene..That have to be Samar and Meera to be together finaly...He cant choose Akira.he loves her but not like he loves Meera..if Meera wasnt came to him he will still bomb disposal,, while one did not really kill him.Meera realizes this and that's what came to him.Without it, he would continue to risk his life and prove his love.everyone would love a man like Samar (Shahrukh himself too ) :)

MaryAnnK and rubyroo thank this.
  11. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

I like what you said about Shah Rukh playing 2 characters in one man. I consider this movie to be one of his dual roles because he was so different as the younger and the older Samar.

Krisi_love_SRK and MaryAnnK thank this.
  12. Krisi_love_SRK

yes and very different lover than his Raj and Rahul also :)

rubyroo says thanks.
  13. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I am so happy that I have my DVDs back in my hot little hands! I watched JTHJ yesterday and was totally caught up in the story.
    What I have realized is that if you do not understand Meera, you do not get the story! She is the key on which the storyline revolves!
    Akira and Samar are appendages to her story! It is about her childish ways of bargaining with "Sir Jesus" to get what she wants and when she does get what she wants, how she copes! She had to come to grips with her love of Samar and her deal with God. I really do appreciate Katrina in this role the more I watch it.

Debbie and rubyroo thank this.
  14. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

I always have, I thought she did Meera perfectly, and if you actually can tear your eyes off him(I know it's hard) you can see the great job she did with this part. I can't understand why everyone thought Akira was so great...guess I am old fashioned but she just seemed she was out for herself, every time I see the part where she shayshays into the army camp in those short shorts, I am horrified. I felt she was really full of herself, I guess it starts with her doing a stupid dare and then calling Samar as**ole at the beginning of the film, seemed to me she was the as**ole, LOL.
    Do love this movie SRK is just so good in it....

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  15. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Didn't Anushka say in one of the interviews that she played the anti- Yash Raj/Chopra heroine, the opposite of what was conventional in his movies (elegant, graceful, impossibly beautiful, exquisitely dressed). Akira is casual, career oriented, love can wait, brash, in-your-face cool. Her attitude turn around when she falls in love is one of the plot points of the movie. (I think that's the right word- just Googled it.)

MaryAnnK and Debbie thank this.
  16. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

One of the most disappointing SRK movies ever. Man I was so hyped for it, Yash Chopra (who delivered so many classics) back & working with SRK again. I was longing for a great romance movie at that time because the last one was quite some time ago.

As always SRK does a really solid job, although its weird seeing him portray a 20 year old (he just doesnt look that way anymore), still especially as the older Samar he was fantastic. My problems are with the plot and Katrina.

Katrina Kaif is a horrible actress, cant believe she has been in the business for 10 years already & is considered a "top" actress. She has ZERO chemistry with SRK and that drags the whole movie down. She can only look pretty and dance.

Such a downgrade from previous Heroine's like Kajol, Madhuri, Preity etc. Anuskha was also cringey (unlike RNBJ) here but still at least she can act.

The plot was really stupid this time, with the deal with God & Amnesia and accidents etc. all felt forced like they were running out of ideas for good love stories.

Also they tried too hard to be modern with the useless kisses (SRK breaking his rule with Katrina of all people lol) and sex scene/references etc. it didnt feel very Bollywood esque to me. Songs were bad too which is also a first in Yash Chopra movies, see the great soundtracks from Veer Zaara or DTPH.

I give it a 2/10, just for SRK. After Dilwale this was the most disappointing SRK movie for me just because it was made by Yash Chopra and I expected a lot & got shit.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2016