1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Movie marathon thoughts!

Discussion in 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi' started by MaryAnnK, Aug 26, 2012.

1. lauraleedooley

lauraleedooley Bollywood Blogger

5 GLORIOUS years of Suri and Raj - December 12, 2008 -

I wanted to post a blog to celebrate but there is so much to say about this film ...

I ended up writing something simple and including the dialogue from the heart-to-heart talk Raj has with Suri at Bobby's.

A Tale of Two Suris (Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi)
    http://ow.ly/rGmEj

Here are some screen caps:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've done several blogs based on RNBDJ - one on Rakhi and on the Golden Temple at Amritsar - http://dooleyonline.typepad.com/bollywood/rab-ne-bana-di-jodi/

I'm waiting to see SRK tweet about this 5 year anniversary!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    rubyroo says thanks.
  2. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

I love the scene with the manequin. He was so good. I love where the tear drops from his eye at the end.

MaryAnnK and lauraleedooley thank this.
  3. lauraleedooley

lauraleedooley Bollywood Blogger

Yeah, that is an wonderfully touching scene.

rubyroo says thanks.
  4. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

I think this movie is awesome but not among SRK's best romance movies.

First off, SRK does a fantastic job here (especially as Suri), you really feel for Suri and I like how different he is from the rest of the characters SRK has played.

Raj is kind of obnoxious at times (and looks silly) but I guess thats on purpose. I think Anuskha Sharma did a terrific job considering this was her debut.

Sadly I think she looked kind of awkward with SRK, understandable considering he is like 20 years older than her. Still better than with Deepika or Katrina though. But Tanni not realizing that Raj is Suri and the latter suddenly transforming into this "cool" guy just seemed too unbelievable imho.

Overall its a 8/10. The story is just very heartwarming and sweet despite the silly aspects.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2016
    MaryAnnK says thanks.