1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Movie marathon thoughts!

Discussion in 'Don 2' started by MaryAnnK, Aug 26, 2012.

1. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I found my copy and started watching it last night.

I absolutely love the "bad guy" look of this man!! I love the self-confidence has; the kill-me-now swagger; the .....

I needed more screen time with the long locks and stubble!!!!

lauraleedooley and Jasmine thank this.
  2. Yeh Dil

Yeh Dil He is my live

SKR is absolutly hot in this movie .... especially with beard and long hairs .... his views to Roma and her reaction are great .... the film is full of action and exciting scenes .... I can't wait to see part 3

3. Jasmine

Jasmine Well-Known Member

I love the swaggar a lot, a lot, a lot!!! I love the look in his eyes when he looks at Roma and has a combination of "totally cool guy plus a bit of I care for you" in his eyes...like the first time he is wearing his orange uniform and Roma meets him and she says she's so glad to see him in jail - I love the look in his eyes during that conversation. I also love before that, when he turns himself in and he's wearing white and Roma wants him to get down on his knees. He is so cool about that! I like, also, near the end of the film, when Don is able to soften Roma's heart, asking for her to forgive him. And the scene in the bank where Roma is asked to kill Don, but she can't.

I love what an incredible planner Don is. He anticipates what will or might happen and is ready for it! No one can take advantage of him. He always has the upper hand. And I love that. I love, too, how, after events happen, the film reveals more information as to how Don prepared himself and how he was able to accomplish what he did.

I love seeing what a good fighter he is. I admire so much his quick reflexes, high, fast kicks...just everything...he's amazing! He is completely cool!

lauraleedooley and MaryAnnK thank this.
  4. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

my most favourite scene would be the one where she has to shoot him...and she just can't. and the way she looks at him as if in saying "you know i can't do that, Don". also i think at that moment she was struggling with the thought of "she has to do that" because, well, he's a criminal, there's really nothing to hesitate about, but yet imagining him dead was impossible and unbearable. and the way he made her aim the gun to his head, maybe he knew she won't shoot him or maybe he didn't care at that point knowing she can get hurt....yup, that's definitely my most favourite moment of the whole movie

lauraleedooley, MaryAnnK and Jasmine thank this.
  5. Jasmine

Jasmine Well-Known Member

Just watched Don 2 again - part of it last night and finished it today. I love this film! While he was climbing on the ceiling in the vault, I thought for a second of Spiderman. Cool stuff he gets to do! I love how he doesn't always necessarily shoot people directly, too. Like when he shot at the bolt holding the glass up on the ceiling and then the glass came down and hit the bad guy. I am just in awe of how skilled he is during fights! I loved that one handed cartwheel. And I loved seeing him slide across the floor while shooting. It is all so cool! I loved how he saved Roma's life during the big gun fight. I loved especially the scenes when he asked Roma to forgive him and when Roma couldn't bring herself to shooting Don. Roma and Don are a REALLY great couple! I love the interaction they have with each other. I also am amazed at how well Don plans things. He anticipates everything. As I've watched Shah Rukh Khan in all his films, I often think how cool he is...and I think there just couldn't be anyone cooler than him...but Shah Rukh Khan just gets cooler and cooler! He's above all others and surpasses only himself. He is sooooooooooooo amazing! I wish he could live forever! I'm looking forward to seeing Don 3 someday. :cool:

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  6. MaryAnnK

I am in the middle of it right now and still love this "bad guy!" Why is that? And you know what, I think this is the best part I have ever seen Boman Irani play as well. He fits the part of Vardhaan very well. They work well together on screen!

7. MaryAnnK

When I got to the last scene, I noticed something that I had slipped by me in previous viewings.
    Aeysha asks: Aur Roma? (what about Roma?) Don lights up his cigarette and states something to the effect: She is like a "bad habit" that one is trying to leave! That line had gone right over my head! I really got a good laugh out of it!

This is just one reason a person can't watch his films too many times!

rubyroo, lauraleedooley and Jasmine thank this.
  8. MaryAnnK

Well, just finished watching it again!! As I watch it now (knowing the end from the beginning) I am still amazed at the tangled events that all come out at the end. What writing of Farhan's!! All of the twists and turns Don takes (chalak!) What a cunning individual. Does he care of Roma at all? Or, is he totally playing on her emotions? Each time I watch this, I am looking for the answer to this question! Does anyone have any insight for me?

lauraleedooley and rubyroo thank this.
  9. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

I'll watch it over Christmas and then post my thoughts. It's a fascinating and complicated story and the character of Don will always be a mystery.

MaryAnnK and lauraleedooley thank this.
  10. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

Spoilers.
    It is the great mystery that never can be solved! In his earlier encounters with Roma it was easy to think he was just trying to manipulate her. However in the scenes near the end Don had worked his magic on me as well as Roma and I wanted to believe that he truly did have a change of heart and wanted a different better life for himself. Then came the clincher. When Roma was forced to hold him at gunpoint and he boldly took that gun and held it against his own forehead and yelled at her "Shoot, Roma!" I was sure he really truly loved her. He was choosing to sacrifice his life to save her.

But then I rewinded to watch again. Was that a look of cunning on his face when Vardhaan told Roma to shoot him? Was he calculating and figuring how to once again slant things in his favor? I think he could have been weighing out the different ways to react and figuring which one gave him the best chance of survival. If he wanted Roma not to shoot him his very best chance to accomplish that was to convince her beyond a shadow of a doubt that he really did love her. And that is exactly what he did do.

And also putting the gun to his forehead may have only proved that he believed Roma loved him and that she would be unable to bring herself to shoot him.

The problem is that Don is such an enigma that we will never know. The look on his face as Roma took a bullet for him and collapsed in his arms...when he looked that way it seems like he must have loved her...but I can't be sure.

69.JPG 70.JPG 71.JPG 72.JPG 73.JPG 74.JPG 75.JPG

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    MaryAnnK, niloofari and lauraleedooley thank this.
  11. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

Really like Don 2, in some ways I think its even better than the first one. SRK can finally just let loose and be fully evil (Don had to act as Vijay for the second half of the first one) and its a lot of fun. Boman Irani was already a highlight of the first one and continues to be great here too.

I also find Don and Roma's relationship interesting, probably the most interesting part of this movie. He does care for her in his own twisted way. Just like the first Don this also has a very western feel to it which I like in this case.

In some ways its worse than Don 1 which was more entertaining.Don 2 has the typical middle part of a trilogy vibe, feels almost filler esque at times. Don 1 had a larger scale, this one was more like a heist movie.

Now we can just hope for a great Don 3 that ends his story on a good note. 8/10

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2016
    MaryAnnK says thanks.