1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Movie Marathon Thoughts!

Discussion in 'Yes Boss' started by MaryAnnK, May 14, 2009.

1. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Nice catch! I don't think I knew that or noticed it before!

Prerna Dewan says thanks.
  2. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

Watching Yes Boss again for the umpteenth time. This movie just makes me happy. One where I have a smile on my face almost the whole time.

I noticing the "Joker" or clown theme that @Jasmine mentioned in this thread. Rahul was always making jokes out of everything that happened. In the song "Sunye To" he danced in a clown costume. Later on, right before the song "Churi Baja Hai" he used Seema's bangle, bindi, and sindoor to make a sad clown face on himself. Then in the next scene after that his friend told him he was a joker, only of value as he benefited the wealthy people he was dependent on. Rahul then proceeded to turn the tables on those wealthy but wicked people saying that if he could benefit them, he had the power to do them harm as well.
    image.jpg image.jpg

Debbie, MaryAnnK, Mara and 1 other person say thanks.
  3. rubyroo

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

So I suppose Robert Redford has no clue that Shah Rukh provided sound effects for him when he was kissing a woman in a movie one time...

MaryAnnK, Dea and tasifa thank this.
  4. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

:lol: ye, that's Indecent Proposal, right?

rubyroo says thanks.
  5. rubyroo

Oh is it? I was kind of wondering. I'm not a big Robert Redford fan.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  6. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

me neither but this one's a classic lol

rubyroo says thanks.
  7. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

Love this movie. SRK and Juhi are so sweet here.Unlike other movies like Darr and Ram Jaane where she was wasted, Juhi can actually shine here.

Its a pretty typical role for SRK, shows he really is the best as the romantic hero. So charming, funny, romantic etc.

I like that its not a simple love story, its also about dreams, how much you are able to compromise for them etc. in some ways it reminded me of RBG. Rahul just wants to be successful & achieve his dream. Glad he realised that his love for Seema was far more important, not to mention what Siddarth would have done with her if he didnt come and save her..

I have to say Aditya Pancholi did a really good job as the bad guy, what a ****. Hope his wife divorced him after the ending.

1997 was a great year for SRK, Yes Boss, Pardes, Koyla & Dil To Pagal hai. All awesome movies.

8/10, overall its lots of fun and always great to rewatch. Some really good songs too (especially the opening one).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2016
    MaryAnnK says thanks.
  8. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Journey95, thank you for joining and adding to the discussions on the Movie Marathon thread! Your comments have allowed me to revisit them as well and recall why I am here and a fan of SRK! The people I have "met" and the STAR that brought us together!

Journey95 says thanks.
  9. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

No problem, its a great idea to have Movie Marathons & I enjoy reading other fans thoughts on SRK's movies.

Will keep posting my thoughts on his other movies too. I think overall the quality of his movies got better in the 2000's.

MaryAnnK says thanks.