1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Movie Marathon Thoughts!

Discussion in 'Zamaana Deewana' started by MaryAnnK, May 11, 2009.

1. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Please let us know what you think! I think it is great! :popcorn:

2. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

Shah Rukh.... amazing :faint:

I like this one a lot and I love all the songs in this movie too :D

I keep saying this, but I dont like raveena tandons acting :tsk:
    but it wasnt too bad this time but not too good either

3. MaryAnnK

This has one of the HOTTEST :flame: picturized songs for Shah Rukh of all time!!! Just watch that room burn!!!!

4. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

I love this one! It's silly, wacky and incredibly enjoyable!

The glass wall song is hotter than any in-your-face sex scene, the screen just sizzles. :flame:

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  5. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

I don't quite like Raveena Tandon's acting either. :p
    And Shah Rukh is amazingly superb! :thumb:
    As usual, no doubt about that.
    And I simply love Anupam's acting, esp when he falls down from the tree when Shah Rukh is about to give Raveena the flower (if i'm not mistaken).
    Forgot, sorry. :eek:
    But I think they both aren't compatible onscreen. :nono:

6. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

^exactly! just no chemistry :lol:

the storyline of the film is enjoyable :nod:

7. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

This movie was hilarious in the beginning but i think it got a bit slow for the rest of the film...when it got more serious. thing is that im also a Dilip Kumar fan and this movie reminded me of Saudagar from 1991 (with Raj Kumar as well)... that being a classic for me, this one didnt appeal so much to me, but srk was cute and funny. looked nice also :D

8. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I'm surprised to read that some of you didn't see any chemistry between Shahrukh and Raveena. I thought they were absolutely hot together. This isn't among my favourites, but it's quite alright... And I really enjoy most of the songs and their picturization.... I think especially in the songs they looked great together (and not just in the hot wet song... :D)

9. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

Its an ok movie. SRK is solid (kind of underused, not a demanding role for him) and is ok with Raveena Tandon (their sudden true love feels forced though and their "sexy" song overrated).

The story is kind of stupid (Lala's actions especially, Suraj was way better) and the first 30 minutes are a complete waste. Anupam's character while a bit too goofy at first was overall good though, saved the ending when everyone else was being stupid with their traditions.

5/10 at best, no surprise that not many people remember this movie. Still worth it to watch it at least once.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2016
  10. MaryAnnK

This really is one of those Bollywood films where one has to suspend reality to enjoy!!!!

11. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

And I'm generally fine with that if the movie is fun (see Baadshah, just rewatched it and its even more hilarious than I remembered) but this movie just drags out too much.

SRK doesnt shine that much (not much here that separates this character from others he played during the same time), his romance with Raveena Tandon's character feels forced & the conflict between the two fathers is just too silly imho in a bad way.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  12. MaryAnnK

As we watch and criticize SRK's acting in these early films, we need to be aware that these are his growing years as an actor. We also know that he was trying to build his filmography and was not shy about working for almost anyone and may times more than one film at a time too! ;) And, anyone who is a fan knows and understands this. We watch them over and over just to appreciate his lovely little face. (His nose has never been an issue for me. I don't know why he is so critical of his nose!)