1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Movie Marathon thoughts!

Discussion in 'Chamatkar' started by MaryAnnK, Apr 29, 2009.

1. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

Oh my goodness. Watching and doing screen caps. He is so darling in this I can't make any progress 'cause I have to keep stopping to do another and another and another...

2. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

I know what you mean he is just too cute!! So young and so sweet!!!

rubyroo says thanks.
  3. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

Done with Chamatkar again. I enjoy this movie so much even with the old timey special effects. Although the flying scenes were really bad, Shah Rukh looked great and acted excellently in his. I liked his heroine in this. She looked very pretty and appealing in their 2 romantic songs and was believable as his love. I like any movie where he can exhibit a good range of different emotions and this one did fulfill that requirement pretty well.
    I think the song they did at the fashion show was very nice- Shah Rukh looked so good dancing in it, although he seemed a bit too modern for his country boy character- he seemed more like Raj in DDLJ or Rahul in DTPH in that scene- not saying that's anything to complain about.
    I did screen caps this time and it makes me take even more notice of his outstandingly expressive features.

Debbie says thanks.
  4. sambasah

sambasah New Member

This movie still has magic

5. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

Just watched it for the first time (havent watched all of SRK's movies yet, mostly some from the 90's are missing), its always interesting to see how SRK was at the beginning of his career.

He and Naseeruddin Shah are fun together (already liked him in MHN, even though his part was short) and the best part of the movie. Their interactions are fun. The lead actress was rather weak & bland though (like so often in earlier SRK movies) and the story is just boring.

Its really dated (those special affects wtf) and hasn't aged well, the story isn't engaging at all & the songs are bad too. Solid kids movie but thats it. No one really shines, the material is just too medicore. Just having a sweet earlier SRK isnt enough.

4.5/10

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2016