1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Movie Marathon Thoughts

Discussion in 'Paheli' started by shublee, Apr 26, 2009.

1. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

I actually watched this one a couple of days late, and I want to say that I think SRK has given a great performance in this one :thumb:

2. AnitaK

AnitaK Member

I LOVE this movie. What a great cast! It's great when Shahrukh does a double role because he really gets to show off his talent. I thought the sets were nice and also really liked the costumes. I don't care for SRK with a moustache but it did distinguish him for this film. This is a very entertaining movie with a great ending. I also really appreciated this film for its India content. SRK says he wants to produce movies that are shot all in India and I think it's a great idea! I will watch this movie many, many times again I'm sure!

3. Elahe

Elahe Dil To Shahrukhee hai!

One of my absolute favourite movies of all time! I could die for shahrukh in this moustache of his!!! I mean he looked like he has just arrived form heaven itself! The story is fascinating and other than shahrukh being the most gorgeous man in the universe he as the ghost sure is every woman's dream come true, I mean he loves lachcho like no one ever could love another!
    Truly an amazing beautifully made love story. why didn't it do well at the box office????????
    shahrukh played both characters so beautifully, he was so convincing, even as both Kishans walk shoulder to shoulder to go to Amithab Bachan so that the real Kishan is revealed his eyes are so different as the two different characters. and people fight about who the best actor of Bollywood is? come on!!!
    some of my favourite scenes are
    1. When the ghost comes as Kishan and explains to lachcho that he is not her husband. The way he does that and shahrukh's voice..... ooof
    2. When in the early morning the ghost tells lachcho how a ghost's love is. (not to mention that his arms and shoulders are KILLERS in this movie)
    3. when the ghost notices that lachcho is pregnant, his facial expressions, I don't know but I some how feel that's how angel-like shahrukh is in real life with his family.
    4. when the ghost visits lachcho as she is in pain and might die and he tells her that no power on earth can separate him from his wife and the child she carries, the tear that drops from the corner of his eye, the way he holds her hand....
    5. The end. I like it, and IMO it was the best ending for this story

4. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

Solid movie but nothing special. SRK as always does a great job with double roles, unlike Duplicate its more subtle this time which I like more. Kishan and the ghost still feel like completely different characters.

I also felt conflicted between these two (far more than Rani's character who already branded the husband as evil for good and liked the ghost immediately), didn't know who to root for since they were both pretty likable.

I think Kishan deserved a better ending though, he wasn't really a bad guy. He was just influenced by his father a lot and needed time to realize how important his wife was for him. Being taken over by a ghost ...dude deserved better.

Despite finding the ghost likable I overall wasn't a fan of the ending. Felt too easy and he is still not the real Kishan at the end of the day. He should have just taken Lachchi with him if they were so madly in love, Kishan at least deserved to be with the rest of his family who unlike Lacchi loved him a lot.

7/10, movie looks beautiful overall. Sunit Shetty and Juhi Chawla especially feel wasted. Amitabh is always awesome to watch & Anupam Kher as SRK's dad in movies is the best. The soundtrack is solid but nothing more.