1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Movie Marathon Thoughts

Discussion in 'Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani' started by shublee, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

Overall I liked this movie. SRK & Juhi work very well together even if their romance doesnt have much focus in the second half. I like that Juhi is not the typical innocent character she plays in her other movies. She is more mature here.

I was really enjoying the romantic comedy until it suddenly turned into a political
    thriller of sorts. The media probably bashed this movie because it puts them in a bad light (but its not like there wasn't some truth here), I think in general this movie hit too close at home for the Indian people with the corrupt media and politicians.

I do have to say that the change was quite jarring, maybe it would have been better if it was less funny in the beginning and focused more on the serious part (and as a result fleshing it out more, it felt rushed). This way it was almost like two different movies and even in the second part there was some unnecessary humor (Johny Lever stuff, very out of place).

Paresh Rawal as Mohan really did a terrific job, he is a great actor if given good material. You really felt for the poor guy. I was especially horrified with what happened to Mohan's daughter..

I also liked Ajay's development in this movie. He was really bratty at first and didnt think about others, just his own fame. Then at the end he showed he could be heroic & really brave even putting his own life at risk to get the truth out. His father being proud of his son was satisfying to see.

7/10, really solid movie that might have benefited from a more focused approach instead of trying to be everything at once.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2016