1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Movie Marathon thoughts

Discussion in 'Veer Zaara' started by cmreeves, Apr 23, 2009.

1. cmreeves

cmreeves Well-Known Member

Yeah so I was a day late watching it, but I did ;) My dvd is getting worn out from all the watches. This is one of my favorites. It's a movie whose flaws I'm able to overlook. And I love the music, and the picturizations of the songs...particularly Main Yahaan Hoon :love: Favorite scene...when he shows up in the shrine all determined, and wet....yummy.

2. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

I have to watch this one, i only watched it once and it turned out to be a pirate copy :tsk: im going to watch it now :D

3. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Yes, my very first Shah Rukh film and mine was also a pirated copy. The subtitles were off by almost 15-30 seconds and it was soooooo irritating. But, I loved the story so much that I suffered through a few viewings! Then I had to purchase my own copy. This will always be number 1 for me. The story is told so well and Shah Rukh is at his handsomest!! I love him in the India Air Force Uniform. :flame:

4. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

My No. 1 movie too. There is such soul in the characters, such understated passion. I just switch off my reality button and fall into the film with abandon, coming out the other end even more in :heart: :heart: :heart: than before.

On the subject of original copies - I have two - one to watch and one as a backup just in case (with the cover signed by the man himself!) :D

5. MaryAnnK

This is the line that caught my eye: I just switch off my reality button and fall into the film with abandon, coming out the other end even more in :heart: :heart: :heart: than before. The only way to get through just about any Hindi film, but I can't watch this one with my husband because he takes everything so literally and wants to laugh in places and just kills the mood. This one I like to enjoy by myself and all of my emotions!@!!!!!!!!

And you have a cover signed by him? How did that happen?

6. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

^ why does he laugh at it MaryAnn?
    theres nothing funny :nono: :p

infact, it makes me cry alot
    the way Veer is cheated like that and ends up in prison for so long and Zaara doesnt get married either
    all the chracters are fab

7. tanyak

tanyak Lighting up UR Life

You know how men are.:dizzy:

8. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

:lol:

I love watching SRK movies on my own, it feels more nicer, when I watched this both me and my sis had tears in our eyes and we had to go upstairs and let it fall, especially with K3G

9. tanyak

That's sweet.:) Me and my family allways watch together. It's nice because I know I can put in a Shahrukh movie, and not ever have to worry about there being scenes in it that would be bad for the kids. :cool::heart:

10. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

Tanya you are so right!
    theres not one movie where you have to be aware of those kind of scenes so its ok to watch with the family

(forget MM though)

11. tanyak

:whistle: :rofl:

12. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

With a lot of effort and incredible luck!!!
    I'm Australian and I went to Melbourne when they were shooting CDI and spent a day at the hockey field. At the end of the day he signed autographs for the fans. I had taken my precious copy of VZ just in case and it paid off!
    That's when I went and bought another copy so the signed one could become 'archived'. It gets used occassionally when the other one gets stuck for some reason.

Can I tell you something even more exciting??
    I had taken a present for his daughter, and by way of thank-you he kissed the back of my hand!
    Truly a day never to be forgotten!!!! :heart:

13. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

LOL! Chris, I had a feeling I'd find your comments here! :D

One of my favourite movies and one of my favourite soundtracks, this movie is a classic.

14. AnitaK

AnitaK Member

One of my top 5 favorite movies of all time. I agree with Luxia that this movie is truly a classic. The story is absolutely beautiful and, although I wasn't expecting it, it had a HAPPY ending! :thumb: My favorite line from the movie (in English): "Are they humans pretending to be gods, or gods pretending to be human?" Shah Rukh, Preity, and Rani really wove some magick together in this one. Superb Acting at its best!
    LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!

15. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

I totally love the Dargah scene also....it was the punchline in the film and was beautifully shot!

16. MaryAnnK

This is the film for this week, January 11, 2010. I just got done watching and getting teary-eyed during the end when Saamiya tells Zaara that Veer is still alive. This is a love story that I can never forget. When I first watched it, I had so many questions going through my mind. Now I just take it all in and enjoy the story of love that is being shown. A lover like Veer. Who could ask for more? A Man who could die for you!!!! :heart:

17. MaryAnnK

Oh my goodness. It has been two years since I have commented! I am watching this today and reached the point there Zaara's father is lying on his "deathbed" after V&Z met at the shrine. She has given in to the idea of marrying Raza. Her father makes the statement along the lines of "I don't know if this is compulsion or my weakness." What is he trying to say? Does he understand that Zaara and Veer are in love and he is torn by having her marry Raza to save his pride? It just struck me today that he just might not be as bad as all that. Because we learn later that after two months of marriage, the father gets her the divorce!

This is just one of those little things I finally pick up on after MANY viewings!

18. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

I think he knows what he is asking of his daughter, too bad he realizes too late.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  19. Prerna Dewan

Prerna Dewan Well-Known Member

Yes MaryAnn, that is exactly what he means. Marrying her off to Raza was indeed a way to save his pride. He realized that Zaara was deeply in love with Veer but his pride mattered to him more than her love.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  20. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

I wrote this a couple months ago the last time I watched VZ and never posted it

(It has spoilers.)

I have watched this one multiple times. A very beautiful movie. I like how there are two female leads in it but they complement each other well. Rani perfectly portrayed a strong idealistic young woman. The scene where she arrived early for her first day in court and showed how nervous she was and how much she wanted to do her very best was excellent.

Shah Rukh gives such a compelling performance. He really plays almost two different men in the movie as the younger and the older Veer. He is a sweet, strong, and brave man in his younger appearance. The outstanding quality he had was steadfastness. He would never ever let anyone down.

He also gave a very realistic and touching performance as the worn, frail, and broken prisoner of 22 years later, who had almost forgotten his own identity, yet still retained his commitment to do what he believed was right.

One of my favorite parts of the movie is the song Main Yahan Hoon. Both actors were so beautiful in it. She was haunted and mesmerized by his continual appearance by her side as she went through the unhappy time of her engagement to a man she didn't love. He was completely untroubled by what was happening to her yet so passionately loving toward her. It had a very dreamlike quality to it.

Another favorite part is when Veer reads the poem about his years in prison. Very beautiful and beautifully done.

I also love the very end of the movie when the closing credits role where Veer and Zaara are shown contentedly going about their lives back at home in India. Zaara was constantly feeding Veer, as if trying to make up for the deprivation of his life as a prisoner. Very sweet. I don't own this movie yet but watch it on Netflix instant view. I am about ready to give in and get my own copy because they always cut off this part at the very end of the movie.

MaryAnnK, Debbie and Alenka thank this.