1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Movie Marathon thoughts!

Discussion in 'Koyla' started by MaryAnnK, Apr 1, 2009.

1. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

my grandkids like to sing that song but I still have not told them what it is about!!!!! Bhang!!!

Jasmine and rubyroo thank this.
  2. cmreeves

cmreeves Well-Known Member

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. After all, you have a right to be wrong ;)

Never said it was. The man was made to be wet! I'd have him dripping for an entire movie if I could...

Good, someone got my sense of humor, finally ;)

MaryAnnK and rubyroo thank this.
  3. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

:) dripping wet is his best look for sure. Lucky he is a Hindi film star so we get to see him wet in ever movie. Otherwise we might not even know...

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  4. rubyroo

I enjoyed watching Koyla again for the umpteenth time and I even drew a picture of Shankar in the final scene when he was getting ready to incinerate Rajasahib.
    View attachment 96168

5. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Wow! You captured that well!!! Very nice. I won't show you any of mine! Stick figures just don't do him justice!! LOL

Debbie and rubyroo thank this.
  6. lauraleedooley

lauraleedooley Bollywood Blogger

I never saw 1492 - but I LOVE this theme and it is perfectly used here. Especially added at the end of "Badan Juda Hote Hain" - I'm happy to associate this music with Koyla ...

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  7. lauraleedooley

Wow - great likeness - thanks for sharing!

rubyroo says thanks.
  8. rubyroo

I'm so happy! I found the wide screen version of Koyla on iTunes. It's not HD but still quite good. It's the same as the Moserbaer version but without the annoying Moserbaer watermark.

9. lauraleedooley

I just noticed this too (a bit late). Downloading now. LOVE Koyla.

MaryAnnK and rubyroo thank this.
  10. simran82

simran82 Member

That
    That scene so killed me too...those eyes...I can't get enough..

rubyroo and Mara thank this.
  11. rubyroo

Spoiler alert...
    I am meandering through Koyla once more. Today I was thinking about Shankar's horrible injuries and how the first time I saw it I was sure he got killed and I was surprised he didn't. It reminded me of Wesley in The Princess Bride when he was "mostly dead" but still "slightly alive."
    And then I saw this...LOL.
    26.5.JPG

MaryAnnK, Mara and rollercoast thank this.
  12. Devesh

Devesh New Member

If we will talk about Shahrukh Khan's movies, there is no doubt about his work is just peerless means yeah he is one of finest Indian actors. Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008) is best of him in my mind :) while almost all movies are good from him.

rubyroo and Mara thank this.
  13. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I can still remember how stunned I was the first time I watched it. I could only watch the first half - saw it up till He fell off the cliff - and went to bed in a total state of shock. :eek:

MaryAnnK, rubyroo and Mara thank this.
  14. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

Koyla is a great revenge flick, SRK & Madhuri have really good chemistry (best after SRK & Kajol imho) and act very well. Crazy how much emotion SRK can convey with his eyes. Madhuri was also awesome as Gaurie, her character despite suffering so much still wouldnt submit. She and Shankar both really lost a lot becaue of Rajasaab.

Amrish Puri as always does a good job as the villian and the movie is engaging throughout. I'm usually not a fan of Bollywood action movies (see all the generic action movies from the last few years) but this one pulled me in.

I think its because its not just a fun lighthearted masala movie but actually takes itself seriously (to an extent, its still over the top). You care for the characters (Shankar and Gaurie) and feel for them. Dont mind the violence either.

You really have to go in with an open mind of course. There are soo many ridiculous things that happen etc. still love it. Didnt know that the main theme was "taken" from a hollywood movie, I think it fitted very well here.

8.5/10.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2016
    MaryAnnK says thanks.