1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Movie Marathon thoughts!

Discussion in 'Trimurti' started by MaryAnnK, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

Jasmine, rubyroo, you write such wonderful reviews!! I always read them with great pleasure, and sometimes with tears in their eyes. Thank you!

2. Jasmine

Jasmine Well-Known Member

Thank you, Alenka. :)

Alenka says thanks.
  3. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

I felt exactly the same. The movie just came alive once Romi arrived on the scene. I appreciate hearing more about the symbolic part of the movie. Seeing it as a fairy tale is a good thought. I did understand that the brothers were meant to symbolize the elements of earth, air, water, and fire, and the things that happened to each of them in the climax fit in with that. I was thinking Romi was air and water since he fell out of the helicopter and fell in the water. Have to figure it out better next time I watch it.

Jasmine says thanks.
  4. rubyroo

I am having lots of fun with it.

5. Jasmine

Jasmine Well-Known Member

Here's a link to a site which helped me see which brother fit best with which Hindu god: http://www.kinmoku.net/pops/melody/trimurti.php. It's interesting to think about different possibilities, though.

rubyroo says thanks.
  6. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

This is the movie of the week! As I was watching, I had to go and check on the age! He is 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He looks more like an 18 year boy in his first love!

Jackie Schroff looks so much older than Shah Rukh. He is about 8 years older.

My favorite scene is still SRK dressed like a girl. He is so sweet looking.

rubyroo and Debbie thank this.
  7. rubyroo

My favorite thing is the relationship of the 3 brothers. Shah Rukh made an awful cute baby brother for the other two (unbelievable that he was 30 years old.) and it was sweet how they loved on him.

8. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

The relationship of the three brothers was it for me...when Anand discovered Romi was his brother....wow....loved all the actors in this movie, made me go look for more of their films. Some good ones in there. The film has beautiful scenes of this part of the country. And you are so right MaryAnn, he looks just like a little boy in this movie, so cute and innocence....love him in it.

rubyroo says thanks.
  9. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

Overall seemed like a lackluster version of Karan Arjun, lol. I love SRK but he was the least interesting character from the three brothers here (and the young charming guy thing is in most of his earlier movies, nothing new). Vastly preferred Jackie Shroff's character and Anil Kapoor's who both did a great job.

But the villian was just a huge joke, had to cringe at every scene he was in. The brothers returning and defeating the bad guy wasn't as powerful as it was in Karan Arjun imho, the story wasn't as well paced either. SRK's romance also took up way too much time, the actress was really bad too.

Not a bad movie but I'm not surprised that it was a flop. Lots of wasted potential here with such great actors. 5/10

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2016