1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Movie Marathon thoughts

Discussion in 'Om Shanti Om' started by MaryAnnK, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

OSO is how Masala movies should be done. Its very entertaining throughout, the humor is never obnoxious, the story while over the top is actually pretty heartwarming and emotional and overall its just a grea movie.

I love the first half, it just oozes atmosphere, the 70's atmosphere is awesome. Deepika Padukone as Shanti is the huge star here while SRK as Om is barely known and plays minor characters. Usually its the other way around. I love Om's naivety and love for Shanti here.

Their ending was just heartbreaking, the scene was just very well made & still makes me teary eyed. The second half starts off a bit weak, this more conceited and not as likable (at first) but then from the Filmfare Awards onwards it picks up & becomes really engaging.

So happy Mukesh got what he deserved, the Ghost Shanti twist was quite surprising. Loved their final goodbye. I think Deepika did a solid job here for her first movie but couldn't shine a lot, especially in the second half she was just there. Their chemistry was also lacking but since Shanti never really loved him that way thats ok. They were better together in CE and HNY.

The Songs are all just outstanding, especially love Main Agar Kahoon (so romantic & Deewangi Deewangi (love seeing soo many Bollywood stars here, especially Kajol's entrance was awesome).

10/10, one of the SRK movies you can rewatch again & again.

Not sure what happened but Farah Khan became lackluster after this movie. TMK and HNY were lacking!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2016
    rollercoast says thanks.
  2. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Nice review. Thanks.
    I liked Deepika , she was especially good in her role as a smitten fan in the second half, a bit ditzy and distracted by her hero-worship.
    There are such memorable scenes in the film overall, makes it one of my favourites - just offhand, the scene where they are auditioning for the role of Shanti, it's hilarious and made more so by Kiran Kher. Such a shame that Farah has lost her touch.

3. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

Agreed this movie is full of memorable scenes (I love the one where he makes his speech at the Filmfare Awards in the second half especially).

Definitely disappointing, only got through HNY because of SRK while MHN and OSO belong to my favourite SRK movies. I'm not again Masala movies at all but they need to be done right, SRK's last three weren't in my opinion.