1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Movie Marathon 2014

Discussion in 'Moviewala' started by MaryAnnK, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

how do u buy movies on itunes btw? i'm totally alien to the concept

rubyroo says thanks.
  2. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

You have to download iTunes onto your computer or get the iTunes ap on your phone or tablet. You also have to start an iTunes account. Then search "Shah Rukh Khan" in the iTunes Store to find his movies. After you buy a movie you can download it to whatever device you want to watch it on. Whether you have it downloaded or not it will be stored permanently as a purchased item in your account.

MaryAnnK and Dea thank this.
  3. lauraleedooley

lauraleedooley Bollywood Blogger

You have to have a free iTunes account.
    Then download and install the iTunes program on your computer or smart phone.
    At some point, you may be asked to enter your credit card account to keep on record.
    You'll also need an email and password.
    Search for it and you will get a variety of results - including the film and the soundtrack.
    Select the movie, click through on the image, and select buy.

4. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

oh wow! that's so much easier than buying it off amazon or ebay! i can imagine the quality is great too, na? i use itunes daily.can't imagine how i never knew abt this. what's the price range?

rubyroo says thanks.
  5. lauraleedooley

Actually, sometimes the prices for Bollywood films are much more reasonable on iTunes than they are when trying to obtain a DVD. While they don't have everything - I think they are adding new films regularly (but also take down films regularly as well). So search for Shah Rukh Khan often to make sure you have the latest available!

MaryAnnK, rubyroo and Dea thank this.
  6. rubyroo

The movies are about $8 for HD.

The quality varies. Most come in either HD or SD. The newer HD ones are excellent. The HD for Paheli and Devdas is way better than the DVDs I've had. I'd recommend those two highly. I was disappointed with Main Hoon Na and Chalte Chalte. They were still better than my DVDs but not truly HD quality- the color seems a bit off too. They have some older ones- they are mostly only in SD. Thankfully Darr and DDLJ are HD. Koyla is not HD but it's a good version. I highly recommend that one too.

7. lauraleedooley

Also, I found an online store that I have started to use regularly (I found that some of my ebay purchases were sketchy) - it is http://www.myindiashopping.com/ and the prices are very cheap though the shipping often costs more than the DVD. And it takes longer to get the DVDs, but I think they are more authentic and I feel better buying directly from India if I'm not in a hurry. Sometimes this is a good place to find films that may be difficult to find otherwise.

And @rubyroo is right - the iTunes Koyla version is very good especially since it is widescreen. Many DVDs cut off the edges of the film and you miss a lot.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
    MaryAnnK, rubyroo and Dea thank this.
  8. lauraleedooley

Watched Koyla twice this week - couldn't help myself.
    You can learn a lot from this film! :D
    Like how awesome Shankar is.
    I shared the following in the film forum, but wanted to share the links again since we watched Koyla today.
    Survivalist Strategies with Shankar (Koyla) - http://ow.ly/C0J7E
    5 Stages of Shankar in the Inferno of Love and Revenge (Koyla) - http://ow.ly/C0J7X

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  9. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Thanks for these great reads Laura. I'll make sure I take Shankar with me next time I'm escaping from someone! :madgrin:

lauraleedooley and rubyroo thank this.
  10. rubyroo

Deewana is tomorrow and next Friday is Darr. I've been hungry for Darr lately.

Dea says thanks.
  11. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

btw guys, do u think HNY will be available on itunes as well?

12. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

It usually takes at least 2 to 3 months after the release of the movie to theaters to be available on dvd. I imagine that itunes follows the same time table.

13. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

:hurt: ufff

14. rubyroo

King Uncle is this week. I got behind schedule. I still haven't watched Darr and I want to!

15. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

After packing my DVDs, I took the advice to purchase Koyla through iTunes!! Yeah! Now, my only problem is that I have to get the iPad away from my husband to watch it!! I am doing so right now, while he is out of the house! I am sold on the iTunes way to go now! Happy, happy, happy! :)
    Thanks for keeping the movie marathon alive while I am absent!!!!! We still have not sold our house but my kids are leaving for Idaho in two weeks, so things are happening around here!

rubyroo says thanks.
  16. rubyroo

I have all the Shah Rukh movies available on ITunes. I love watching them on my iPad. The older ones aren't all the best quality- kind of like the DVDs, but Koyla is excellent. Also Paheli and Devdas are must haves on iTunes.

17. lauraleedooley

I'm sure it will be. But when is the question. I downloaded Chennai Express via iTunes before I was able to get DVD/Blu-ray versions (yes, I have all three).

rubyroo says thanks.
  18. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

It's impossible to say Dea. It also partly depends on which country you are in.
    In Australia we have 26 srk films available on iTunes, but no CE yet, whereas I believe that was available in the US months ago.

rubyroo says thanks.
  19. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

why does it matter which country u live in when it's iTunes? isn't it supposed to be the same for everyone?

20. rubyroo

I got Chennai Express on iTunes on Oct. 13 or 14, 2013. I know because I stayed up almost all night making screen caps after I got it and I posted them here on Oct. 14. So in the US it showed up on iTunes about 9 weeks after the movie release date which was August 8.

I don't know why iTunes doesn't have the same movies in all countries.

MaryAnnK says thanks.