1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Movie Marathon 2014

Discussion in 'Moviewala' started by MaryAnnK, Oct 17, 2013.

1. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

Greatly in need of distraction so I'm watching Don one day early.<3

MaryAnnK and Mara thank this.
  2. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I am leaving for vacation for two weeks and won't be around to monitor this thread.
    I hope you will all enjoy something and if someone would update it for the current movie, I would appreciate it!
    Thanks and hugs to all. See you soon.

3. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

what's this weekend's special guys? :biggrin1:

4. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Looks like it's
    09 May - Karan Arjun
    which is so weird, 'cause I'm watching it on my Hindi on Demand channel...just got added this month.....love this movie, it is one of my gulity pleasures.......know it is violent and crazy, but just love the relationship with the mother and her sons...so I am already watching and will finish tonight!

MaryAnnK and rubyroo thank this.
  5. rubyroo

I'll watch it with you!

6. rubyroo

This Friday it's Shakti the Power. Hmmm. I might finish watching K3G instead...

7. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Well, I am back from our trip and I think I will try and catch up with Karan Arjun! One of my top 10!
    If I watch Shakti, it will only be on youtube with just SRK's part! Too much violence for me in this one!

rubyroo, Debbie and Mara thank this.
  8. rubyroo

This Friday is English Babu Desi Mem. I'm up for that!

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  9. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Is it on YouTube now with English subtitles? Amazon wants $67 for a non-pirated copy, so it's the one SRK movie I don't have.
    I can't watch "Shakti, The Power" either, except SRK's part. Too many of the most shakti-less characters in cinema.

MaryAnnK and rubyroo thank this.
  10. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i read that Gauri left the cinema theatre while watching Shakti :lol: she just couldn't stand it

Mara and rubyroo thank this.
  11. rubyroo

I got EBDM on eBay. Hope it's not pirated but at least it was reasonably priced. If the movie guys want us to be sure of buying legitimate copies they need to provide them for us. A high price means they are in short supply.

12. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

also, i'm sorry, but in Romania there's absolutely no place where i can buy original DVDs from. they're just pirated and sold as originals. which is complete BS. i can just as well download in bluray versions and not pay others for pirating Shah's movies! i'm always sad i can't just go and pick up a DVD from the store, or see it in the cinema. but then again, it's not my fault and i've learnt to deal with it... i'm sad i can't watch director's commentaries as i had posted the OSO one... i checked the DVDs (even the ones i had bought hoping they were originals) and there were none :sad:

MaryAnnK, Mara and rubyroo thank this.
  13. rubyroo

That's tough. Where I live in the US I can only get them on the internet. No stores sell them as far as I know. I am not even sure how you tell if you are getting an original one or not. Often they arrive with a different cover than expected. Even ones from Amazon.

Mara says thanks.
  14. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

really? i thought they were all over the place in the US. what can i expect from a eastern european country then :lol: u can tell yaar. an original dvd has for one, many features included. the packaging is much nicer etc... i can tell, none of mine were originals so i gave up buying them, that too for a lot of money. amazon is out of the question since i don't have paypall but since u say they can be fake as well, it's ok. piracy is a very serious issue there though, here people never buy DVDs, of any kind :lol: poor contry, poor everything..

15. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Most of the combination Indian grocery stores/restaurants here in Los Angeles have large collections of Indian DVDs- all pirated. They're in cheap, fold over plastic covers with poor quality copied pictures. Many times I'll go to a first day/first show Hindi movie, afterwards stop by a place for veggie curry take out, and see a row of pirated versions of the movie I just saw in the theater. A store in Little India has legit DVDs. If it was a first release of one of SRK's movies, I would drive down there to buy it- at least, before iTunes started carrying them. I don't know why the piracy laws aren't enforced.

Last edited: May 19, 2014
    MaryAnnK says thanks.
  16. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

iTunes? tell me more about that dear, i have no idea about such thing @Mara

17. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

I bought mine on E-bay and I usually pick the 2 dvd special edition because of all the extras. I have 2 ou 3 sellers on ebay that I go back to. They sell original copies and not too expensive. Around 10$ us each. I thought about buying them on Itunes but I love the box and cover of a dvd. I love to be able to manipulate things... lol

rubyroo and Dea thank this.
  18. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Me too @tasifa. I have my reliable ebay sellers, who are in India and do the proper 2-disk, fancy box with extras, like the OSO poster and the Don comic book. I will post who they are here if you like. Sometimes you have to go to the Indian version of ebay and if they don't sell internationally you can email and ask them to. That's what I've done with my Hindi srk film poster collection. :D.

@Dea, just search His name in itunes and it will show you which/if his films are available in your country. Then you can purchase and download to your device (in my case an ipad mini which is chock-a-block full of his movies! :rolleyes: )

MaryAnnK and Debbie thank this.
  19. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Love to know who your ebay sellers are. I have all the movies now, but feel some are definitely pirated....so would like to replace those. I have also bought direct from India, which I prefer.

20. rubyroo

I love iTunes. Their HD Paheli and Devdas are amazing. In the US there are 26 of his movies available on iTunes. I am hoping they get more!