Move over Shah Rukh Khan, Karan Johar invites Salman Khan to be his guest on Koffee With Karan

Discussion in 'TV Game and Reality Shows' started by semsem008, Sep 18, 2013.

1. semsem008

semsem008 Well-Known Member

Move over Shah Rukh Khan, Karan Johar invites Salman Khan to be his guest on Koffee With Karan

Wednesday, Sep 18, 2013, 15:34 IST | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA Web Team
    Aditi Shome-Ray

After the famous Shah Rukh Khan-Salman Khan patch-up this Eid, Bollywood is likely to witness another high-profile reunion.

If the buzz is to be believed, then Salman is expected to make an appearance on Karan Johar's upcoming show Koffee With Karan, which starts its fourth season in December 2013.

While the first two seasons of the show kicked off with Karan's close friend Shah Rukh as guest, the fourth edition of the show may have Salman as the first guest.

According to a report, Karan is said to have asked Salman to be a guest on his show when the duo met on the sets of dance reality show Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa 7, where the actor was promoting his reality show Bigg Boss 7.

The enormously popular celeb chat show has seen many Bollywood personalities bare their hearts.

Karan has interviewed biggies like Shahrukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Abhishek Bachchan, Rani Mukherjee, Hema Malini and Zeenat Aman.

With Salman as a guest, the chat show is set for a bigger launch this season.

While Karan is at it, may we suggest bringing Shah Rukh and Salman together on the show.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainme...man-khan-to-be-his-guest-on-koffee-with-karan

Krisi_love_SRK, Rayhana and nika thank this.

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. yummy

yummy Fan girl since Fauji.

4. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

would love to see SRK-Salman together on KWK! I'm pretty sure they would be civil with each other, I might for once actually watch a KWK episode!

yummy and semsem008 thank this.
  5. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

And while Karan is at it, may I suggest doing a movie with Salman....then I wouldn't have to watch his next one. :p

Xeny, yummy and Mara thank this.
  6. yummy

When I stayed in India and had a career, I used to share an apartment with friends who watched KWK 2 dutifully. Liked the episode with Abhishek Bachchan apart from Shahrukh ones. However, KWK-3 turned out so bitchy (as Shahrukh himself indirectly joked) that I stopped watching it after the Shahrukh episode. Watched only Priyanka-Shahid episode due to the Shahrukh references. And the way everyone kept saying Salman Khan for Karan's 'Khan of the year' question just to butter up the successful Khan was irritating. Didn't finish the rest of the season. With all probability will see only Shahrukh or Kajol part of KWK-4 if any...

semsem008 says thanks.
  7. semsem008

semsem008 Well-Known Member

it is a silly title but it is a surprise for me to get to know that there is going to be another KWK this year, i love shahrukh episodes, they are the only episodes that i watch
    they are funny and whenever other guests show up with him they are like all over the floor laughing along with karan ofcourse, i love watching this scene :p

yummy says thanks.
  8. elimeten

elimeten Well-Known Member

Stupid title. I hope SRK will not be on the show because it brings nothing but heartache only. Karan is like that bitchy, gossipy uncle who likes to flame two people who at the beginning were civil to each other ended up being sworn enemies. Case in point Kareena and Priyanka, Deepika and Katrina.

yummy says thanks.
  9. yummy

Feel the same about Karan. Earlier seasons were more fun. Karan with each year going by, has become more and more cynical and shrewd. Hope Shahrukh doesn't get dragged into his politics and TRP related bitchiness.

10. mira_khan

mira_khan Khan addicted!

i don't know a lot about it, i've just seen Shah Rukh/Kajol and Shah Rukh/Amithab Bachchan episodes and i loved them... specially the 1st one, i loved how Shah Rukh comes shy and so polite and slowly lets it go and the show become warm and friendly between the 3... like a chat between friends and i loved it!
    so i don't know, but why not Salman ? he's like any other actor having his episode in the show and yes it would be lovely if the 2 are invited (not to link up again, it's personal as Shah Rukh said many times) but if the 2 can really forget the past, seeing them together just kidding and laughting will surely be fantastic (i don't like Salman, but i don't like non sense negativity all this "war" give him)

Mara and semsem008 thank this.
  11. yummy

Those were the good days. The season 3 started so many gossips, cat fights etc .. with the younger lot talking about dating life, commenting on rivals etc ... It also depends on the guests I suppose.

And Karan has run out of people to call. Salman Khan is a novelty and there is Aamir Khan too. Karan is everyone's good books (atleast of all
    successful people) so he can get them in his show.

anesya and mira_khan thank this.
  12. srkjuhi

srkjuhi Well-Known Member

Can't wait for KWK to come back. Apart from the eps that Shahrukh has been a part of , one of my favorites from all the seasons so far was the one with Sonam and Deepika! Want to see some more eps like that. Don't want to see people being all diplomatic on a show which is supposed to be cheeky and fun so hope that trend continues this season as well.

Mara and mira_khan thank this.
  13. Krisi_love_SRK

Krisi_love_SRK Well-Known Member

I will be happy if Shahrukh is part from next season of Koffe with Karan.-alone,or with Deepika...even he is with Salman.... Salman is not intersting for me,but if there with Shahrukh..who cares..will not pay particular attention as usual:lol:

anesya says thanks.
  14. yummy

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  15. anesya

anesya Guest

karan for sure will have shahrukh khan on his show again.
    on this whole salman and shahrukh story.. I feel like this should cleared behind the cameras
    and not infront. its none of anyones bussines whats been between them to be honest.

however we cant stop gossip like that so shall we all focus back on shahrukh and his amazing movies
    and hopefully to another interview with karan.
    cheers.

yummy says thanks.
  16. srkjuhi

I don't think they can have the sort of rapport they used to have when things were absolutely fine. I mean you never know but I'm not counting on it considering for that they need to interact beyond the "hi" and "hellos". I would only want to see an ep featuring them if they can have some fun , otherwise it would better to see them with people they share a comfortable rapport with.

17. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Deepika and Katrina had other reasons to dislike each other long before Karan.

yummy says thanks.
  18. yummy

LOL. Right. Karan just used it to spice up his show. ;)

19. elimeten

I know but I also have seen a pic in which they were greeting each other. And this was before they came on the show and after Deepika broke up with Ranbir. That means they may not be the best of friends but they were cordial to each other.

Ah...here's the pic:
    v9kodn.jpg

20. srkjuhi

They are actors at the end of the day. Greeting each other on a public platform doesn't mean much to be honest. Sonam and Deepika are hardly best friends but the rapport they shared during that ep was amazing. The vibe of the show is such that it shouldn't be taken that seriously. They are all there to have some fun and it is a refreshing change from the usual talk shows that one sees.

21. elimeten

Yes but after that show whatever the equations they might have with each other more or less got affected, let's be honest here. As if the awkwardness between them wasn't enough even before the show, he had gone ahead and spiced up the rivalry between two professional actors. I agree that the format of the show shouldn't be taken seriously, but borderline bitchiness? Well, not my kind of show, I guess.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013