1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Mohabbatein -- the Movie

Discussion in 'Mohabbatein' started by Meghna04, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Mohabbatein

Year: 2000
    Cast: Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Anupam Kher, Uday Chopra, Shamita Shetty, Jugal Hansraj, Kimsharma, Jimmy Shergill, Preeti Jhangiani, Helan & Shefali Chayya And Amrish Puri

Producer: Yash Chopra
    Director: Aditya Chopra
    Music Director: Jatin Lalit
    Awards :
    Filmfare Award
    -Critic Best Actor (Jury) for Shah Rukh Khan
    -Best Supporting Actor
    IIFA Awards
    -Best Costume Design
    -Best Story
    Screen Award
    -Best Lyrics
    Sansui
    -Viewer's Choice Movie Best Actor for Shah Rukh Khan
    Planet Bollywood (Internet)
    -People's Choice Best Actor for Shah Rukh Kahn
    Agfa
    -Best Actor for Shah Rukh Khan

Synopsis

Mohabbatein is a film that portrays the battle between love and fear...a battle between two stubborn men and their opposing beliefs. Raj Aryan who stands for love, he would go to any lengths for it and Narayan Shankar who stands for discipline and fear and believes that love leads to pain and weakness. It is also the story of three young men and women who have to learn to follow their hearts against many odds. It is the outcome of their love stories that will decide what will finally triumph...Love or Fear

Songs from Mohabbatein:

Song: Aankhein khuli
    Singer/s: Udit Narayan, Lata Mangeshkar, Udhbav, Manohar Shetty, Ishaan, Shweta Pandit, Pritha Mazumdar, Sonali Bhatawdekar & Shahrukh Khan
    Music Director/s: Jatin Lalit
    Lyricst: Anand Bakshi

Song: Chalte chalte
    Singer/s: Udhbav, Manohar Shetty, Ishaan, Shweta Pandit, Sonali Bhatawdekar & Pritha Mazumdar

Song: Chalte chalte (Part 2)
    Singer/s: Shweta Pandit, Sonali Bhatawdekar, Pritha Mazumdar, Udhbav & Manohar Shetty

Song: Humko hamin se chura lo
    Singer/s: Udit Narayan & Lata Mangeshkar

Song: Pairon mein bandhan hai
    Singer/s: Udhbav, Manohar Shetty, Ishaan, Shweta Pandit, Sonali Bhatawdekar & Pritha Mazumdar

Song: Soni soni
    Singer/s: Udit Narayan, Jaspinder Narula, Udhbav, Manohar Shetty, Ishaan, Shweta Pandit, Sonali Bhatawdekar & Pritha Mazumdar

Song: Zinda rehti hai mohabbatein
    Singer/s: Udit Narayan & Lata Mangeshkar

2. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Mohabbatein is a saga of love stories that speaks the devinity of love. It revolves around a love despising man's surrender before a man, who adores love. Amitabh Bachchan is a strict, stone-hearted disciplinarian principal of a school.

He does not believe in love and thinks that if one has to be successful in life, he or she has to shun love. Three young students Uday Chopra, Jugal Hansraj and Jimmy Shergil join the school and soon fall in love with Shamita Shetty, Kim Sharma and Preeti Jhangiani respectively. But they are frightened of the consequenses and keep their feelings in their heart.

Sharukh Khan, a strong advocate of love joins the school as a music teacher and encourages the trio to shed their fear and exhibit their valour in love. Soon the three students discover that Shahrukh is the ex-student of the school, who was expelled from it because he was in love with Aishwarya Rai, Amitabh Bachchan's daughter. Not only this, Aishwarya had to commit suicide.

The three students defy discipline of the school and openly exhibit their love. This creates tension and friction between Amitabh and Shahrukh. How Shahrukh succeeds in bringing a change in the school and how he changes Amitabh is the crux of the story.

3. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

25% of the main shooting of Mohabbatein was in the cans, followed by 40 day shooting in Film City that started on Jan 2000.

they shot 2 songs and 1 major scene at a huge set which took over 2 months and 600 workers to construct. ! it was a mammoth task replicating the main road of a small North Indian town. needing 3000 truckloads of rubbles and 300 tankers of water to recreate a lake !. (WOW!)

Afterwards, they geared up for one month long of shooting in Europe, UK and Switzerland. Then the went back for more shooting in Mumbai.

4. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Wow!

Thanks for these infos Wafa!

I also know that in UK it was a March shooting and it was very very cold there... they didn't expected this. The crew and also the actors had a "frozen" time there! ;)

5. Shina001

Shina001 Tina

I really like Mohabbatein
    Its has a good storie

I have watch it more than miljion times

6. Alana

Alana New Member

I don't not really know why, but for me the movie is boring. Boring is not really the right word, but I don't find one that fits better.

I bought that movie because Shahrukh wears the glasses, seems to be a silly reason, but I saw the pisc and liked it and I was curiuus about the story. And when I saw it the first time I liked it. I like it yet too, but it's not a movie which really fell in love with. Shahrukh and Amitabh are great as ever and I liked it to watch their little fights, I enjoy every scene we with Shahrukh and Amitabh. But I don't really like the scenes with the three boys. They don't convince me in their love.

What I like to watch is the end, first the scene in Amitabh living room, when they stand in front of that big picture from Aish and both men are reflected in it. I love the words Shahrukh says and I'm crying eveytime. But more important are the scene in which Amitabh says sorry and beg the poeple to forgive him. That is such a great step and I have really respect for that man in this moment. To have such a courrage to tell the people that you were wrong in what you believe..............

What I think is funny, that there some scenes which reminds me to 3KG.....like the scene in the living room were Amitabh sits into this armchair and Shahrukh knees in front of it to beg for the boys. The same scene is later in 3KG when Rahul says that he will do what his father ask him for.

7. gtdevil07

gtdevil07 New Member

It was a good movie, but kind of slow.

8. Cristina4him

Cristina4him Inspector number 8

I need to watch it again. I did enjoy it and the sad feel to it. :p

9. semaay

semaay Senior Member

I think that this movie was nice, but it was way too long! The minutes did not pass (meaning sometimes the scenes were a bit slow). Beside the love story between Aish and SRK there were 3 others. I felt them rather unnecessary (except the one between the young widow and the Jimmy Shergill which was kind of cute) as I couldn't feel them and I wished that those scenes were not wasted and given to the couple SRK and Aish instead.

10. Chandani76

Chandani76 New Member

AW: Mohabbatein -- the Movie

The movie was okay. But it was too much for me ... 4 lovestories at the same time... and i didn*t know which one to concentrate on ...

11. mysur

mysur New Member

cool movie

and excellent songs

12. mysur

mysur New Member

awesome songs

13. ALREADY_STOR

ALREADY_STOR New Member

Mohabbatein - Captures Movie

Attached Files:

14. ALREADY_STOR

ALREADY_STOR New Member

Mohabbatein - Captures movie - more pictures

Attached Files:

15. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

This is not one of my favourite Shahrukh films. Or rather, I really liked the scenes with Shahrukh and Amitabh and Aish, but the three lovestories of the youngsters were quite boring. I did enjoy it better the second time, but still, when they were showing the youngsters all I did was wait for Shahrukh to appear again.

16. kakato02

kakato02 Srkajol No.1

Shahrukh rocked in this movie but the movie its self was abit dull..lmao.. I was kind've borred throughout the movie..

17. srkaj0l1

srkaj0l1 [L] KabirKhan..

I love the songs especially Soni sonii:D

18. Em0sS

Em0sS Pyaar D0stii Haii

i think it was a good movie... but its hard to concentrate on because it has 4 lovestorys in it... yu dont know which one you have to follow... the music was also veryy g0od... :D and like always ShahRukh had an amazing performance... he was so cute as a teacher :eek: :heart:

19. MarjorieGK

MarjorieGK Ullu-Club-Member

I saw the movie some time ago and I liked it. Was it too long? Maybe a little. Was it confusing because of too many love stories? Not for me. I liked Shahrukh's and Amithabh's performances the best (the scene in the living room is like the one in K3G indeed!). I know I'm not original when I say that the movie reminded me of "Dead Poets Society", but it is exactly this climate that I remember best.
    I love the music - sometimes cheerful (Soni Soni, Aankhen Khuli) and sometimes so sad (Humko Humise).

20. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Yes, maybe one can say it was a little too long.....
    And it is a more quiet movie, but I love it!
    The story, the songs.... :thumb: :heart:
    I love ShahRukh's performance! :nod: :thumb: :heart:

Thanks for the shooting infos!!