1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Model-turned-actress gets big break opposite Shah Rukh

Discussion in 'Chak De India' started by srk_mai, Sep 6, 2006.

1. srk_mai

srk_mai New Member

Model-turned-actress gets big break opposite Shah Rukh

By Aparajita Ghosh

It appeared that model Vidya Malvade would become another forgettable face of Indian cinema. But then, a big break came her way.

Success has eluded Vidya ever since she moved beyond the ramps to acting in films. So far, she has acted in two films – ‘Inteha’ and ‘Mashooka’ – both were box-office flops. And just when it seemed that Vidya would not get her foothold in tinsel town, lady luck has smiled upon her.

Vidya has got on a platter a plum role in Yash Raj banner film titled Chak De .

The film revolves around the game of hockey and has Shah Rukh Khan playing the coach of a girls’ hockey team.

Vidya plays a girl from a Sikh family. Her character in the film is very passionate about playing hockey, but her orthodox parents don’t approve of this.

Vidya’s character in Chak De reminds of Parminder Nagra in Gurinder Chadha’s ‘Bend It Like Beckham’.

It is learnt that Vidya has been undergoing training in playing hockey for her role in the film. A training camp has been organized by Yash Raj films in which more than a dozen girls – many of them newcomers – have been participating.

The movie’s actors are bound by a legal contract not to speak about their roles or the movie’s plot to the media.

Vidya has previously appeared with SRK in a Santro advertisement.

The shooting of Chak De is already said to have begun. The film is being directed by Shimit Amin, who previously wielded the megaphone for Ab Tak Chhappan .

http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/20060821-3.html

2. srk_mai

srk_mai New Member

Vidya Malvade opposite Shahrukh Khan in Chak De
    By IndiaFM News Bureau, August 21, 2006 - 03:12 IST

Remember Vidya Malvade, the petite actress, who starred in films like Inteha and Mashooka? Finally, she has got her big break. She is starring opposite none other than Shah Rukh Khan himself in the Shimit Amin directed Chak De. The film is being made under the prestigious Yash Raj banner.

Apparently, Vidya's role is that of a Sikh girl with strict parents. She wants to participate in an annual hockey tournament but her parents don't approve of it. It's somewhat similar to Parminder Nagra's role in Bend it like Beckham. SRK plays the coach to the girls hockey team.

Vidya did not want to talk about the role as she is bound by contract. But it seems that she went through an intensive two month hockey training camp. Incidentally, Vidya has worked with SRK earlier in a Santro ad.

3. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Lucky Girl!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Today they show Hockey on TV....

Germany vs. India !!!! :) :) :)

I think I will watch it.. never saw Hockey before...

(what we do for ShahRukh... :rolleyes: :D :D )

4. starstar

starstar People are not perfect (except when they smile)

This is a real JACKPOT for this girl. She's lucky... Let's see if her career will take a new beginning after she have acted opposite our King

5. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

thx mai i dont rember her in inteha

6. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I have a feeling this vidya will make it very big in hindi cinema. well, she already has by being with srk in lead role, but she will have a good future if she choses her roles well.