1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

MNIK the movie feedback from Bollywood celebrities

Discussion in 'My Name Is Khan' started by sheruka, Jan 30, 2010.

1. ~(Baadshah)~

~(Baadshah)~ ♥ Μý ηαmε ιs κhαη ♥

Re: MNIK the movie feedback from Bollywood people

Aww.. So the buzz is positive indeed..! :hug:
    GO MNIK..!!! :hail:

2. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I 100 % agree. If we want to know what is the response the film is getting, we should get all the reviews, doesn't mean we need to agree with them...

Even though I haven't seen the film and she has, so I guess the expactation should be that she knows what she's talking about... Still, the fact that she first says negative things about MNIK and then compares it to 3I... I haven't seen either of the films, but I think I know enough about both of them to know that they are completely different genre, and films that are different genre, you just don't compare them, or if you do, you need to have heck of a good reason. And the fact that the lead actors of both films have the same surname is not a good reason... I trust that both of these films are good, and I think that for some people one of them will appeal more than the other, and who am I to say who's right and who's wrong... But the fact that she publically made this comparison shows that her comments came from some ungenuine place....

3. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Well said Katja. She's not even a film person and when everybody knows that something so unfair will be pulled into the scene (comparison between the two films which are waaaayyyy different) by the juornos, she's doing nothing but encouraging the media to indulge in utter stupidity! Also, I guess she has a problem with the movie being made in America...

4. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

im loving the positive feedbacks!
    so far one is negative to what? 30? hahaha
    cant wait to watch it :D

5. jg2k

jg2k The.One

:clap2: High 5...

6. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

Re: Review by Ghose

:pound::pound:
    good one.
    no wonder she like 3 Idiots:lol:
    can't even spell and its just four letter:D

completely agree!
    :gossip: I adore your sig and avi:love::heart:
    would have been nice to see lips:p:p:heh:

7. srkjuhi

srkjuhi Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting all those wonderful tweets you guys.

IMHO I think everyone is entitled to their opinion. I personally don't think its right to bash her for expressing her opinion. One can disagree and I do disagree as well when it comes to the comparison she made or the part where she talked about how it should be in your face. I'm not sure if she is a Aamir fan or not because someone on twitter mentioned that she didn't like 3Idiots at the first either but then changed her mind later. Don't know whether its true or not but that is what someone out there said.

The reactions we have been getting so far are from people who adore Shahrukh and the rest as well who probably aren't that close to him yet are part of the industry. I'm not saying they are bias at all but I guess all I'm trying to say is we shouldn't expect everyone to go gaga over the movie as that would be unrealistic IMHO. Those who do are entitled to their opinion and vice-versa :) I'm looking forward to the audience's reaction and personally can't wait to see it!

8. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Sim, you mean this preview was for the general public???
    That's even better that they reacted well! :D
    At least we know its a genuine reaction and not just a show of friendship or industry support!
    Its encouraging news! :thumb:
    (is there a video link for this?)

Re: Sagarika Ghosh's tweets, there was a little more from her on twitter -
    I got the impression she expected it to be a hard-hitting, almost political, 'message' movie, due to the title.
    Certainly her going on about how it should have been made in India suggests that too.
    She had a problem with it being an 'American' film.

3K have been telling us for months that its a warm love story.
    They have also been saying that they want it to bring Indian cinema to the rest of the world, sort of a bridging film.
    Perhaps that's why she was disappointed - her expectations were all wrong!
    Obviously she doesn't sit waiting breathlessly for every word that drops from srk's beautiful lips... like..um... some people...:rolleyes: um..... I know! :eek: :eek: :eek:

As for his acting of the role - well, we'll have to see, won't we? :D

9. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

Chris...it was not for the public..for the VIPS!! for none were from the industry :D

10. ~(Baadshah)~

Of course everyone is entitled to have their opinion.. C'mon we are not the thackeray's for heavens sake :lol:

But what got me irritated was her talking abt his perfomance.. autism looks comical.. i mean wow.. they are doing the film after lots of research.. and for her autism is what? all that's in forrest gump and rain man? oh c'mon... And why can't this film be set in india? Gosh, did she ever watch the film?

Anyways, that's solely her opinion.. Im luking fwd to more unbiased opinions from critics.. :)

11. ~(Baadshah)~

Farhan on twitter :target:

12. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

i am only EXCITED about Farhan's tweet..he is the only who seems to be believable! :D for team MNIK

13. ~(Baadshah)~

Yes farhan makes great flicks and such a comment from him.. I'm overwhelmed..!
    OMGG I'm already having goosebumps :heart:

14. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Arjun Rampal:

Goodmorning, woke up late, partied with the MNIK team, their celebrations have just begun, wow a brave and powerful film,proud of them.

15. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

:lol:!! Khan is more about the eyes i think :love::eyebrow:
    but thank youuu :hug::kiss:

16. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

such great praise for MNIK..so awesome and well deserved!

17. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

Omar Qureshi Just had an astounding exp. called 'My Name Is Khan'. Its left me emotionally moved to the core. Simple story with simple flourish, yet so emotional; no drama KJO style, yet such impact. It makes you think. SRK blows ur mind with an incredible performance. Kajol is superb. Karan rocks with this modern tale of simple

Omar Quereshi is a fil reviewer of Zoom TV! FIRST NON-BIASED REVIEW...i am so happy :dance:

18. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Thanks so much Sim... Great to hear that the reviewers are also loving it. :love:

19. ~(Baadshah)~

Omar qureshi is an unbiased reviewer.. But i think more relaible reviews are of Masand.. And if it gets positive review from Rajasen and Khalid mohammed, then I'll be like crazy..!

20. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Jitesh Pillaai, Editor, Filmfare:

@iamsrk and we are all happiness.Now go for gold with khan.believe last night kleenex was going at a premium.Loads of loving and crying!fab

Mushtaq Shiekh

Rizwan @iamsrk may suffer from Aspergers in My Name is Khan. But he heals you from your angst and anger! Brings hope back in life!

Shibani Bathija:

Can't wait for all the 'real' people to watch MNIK. No agendas, no veils, no ass-kissing just a pure viewing. A little like Rizvan himself..
    Yep, we are actually waiting with bated breath...:)