1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

MNIK international version review - members

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews - Members' started by pati, Apr 19, 2010.

1. pati

pati Well-Known Member

Just watched pre-premiere in Poland and guys it's shortened very much and I have to say I like it much much more. It's overall much better movie really!
    Some scenes are cut out, some (great) are new one and some are reedited so they are different.
    Don't know if I should write what exactly is cut out and what is added (maybe somebody want to see it first) but I think overall it's much better!

2. SWEET

SWEET ♥Panorama♥

could you plz tell us what cute and what was add thanks :D

3. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

thank you Pati. we all know they cut out the GA storm/ church scene, but I didn't know they added new ones. you can post details and use the spoiler feature so if someone doesn't want to read it they don't have to click and read.

4. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

I think you can go ahead and write it here using the spoiler feature of course :D

I personally would love to know. I have been thinking whether to buy the DVD now but then I want to watch the short version too, yeah it is a dilemma.

5. pati

pati Well-Known Member

Sorry guys couldn't write earlier!
    For all who wants to now here's what was cutted out what was added and what was re-edited.
    DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT KNOW

Here we goes!

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

First part of the movie is almost untouched. There is one scene added with Mandira and Sam. Sam is teasing Mandira that she has crush on Rizvan!

Sam death is reedited it's not because of the ball but cause those guys are kicking him very hard many times.

There is added scene with Rizvan hugging/lying on Sam after his death. Mandira crying scene with Sam is shortened.

Rizvan and Mandira running in hospital and Mandira telling Rizvan that Sam is dead and scene when Rizvan wears Sam's shoes in his bedroom is cut out.

Some scene with Rizvan arriving to Los Angeles is added (well at least I don't remember it in extended version). Scenes with young reporters is shortened. Some scenes with Rizvan in prison are cut out also.

Scene in Wilhelmina when Rizvan is there for the first time is cut out also scene in a motel is not there.

And a scene when Rizvan prays on a dessert or sth (when he met this young couple who share their food with them) is shortened. There is shown only the moment of prayer no people staring at him.

Hurricane scene is very short it's only shown that Rizvan see flood on TV and goes there to help (it's only shown how he drives there in a bus) and reporters going after him to show the world what he's doing. (they know where he is cause his brother told them). Then the moment with senator Obama watching TV news is extended some new short scene, Rizvan is telling in news that wife told him to meet president.

Thene is scene which I don't like but I believe it had to be there cause probably they didn't film alternative scene, so it's scene when Mandira meets with Rizvan in church and he is stabbed by terrorist, when he's in hospitat between they are new scenes - TV news how Obama got elected.

And finally the ending is very good. They show how Obama agree to met with Rizvan, there is scene when president walks back and Rizvan is going to meet him but they don't show it just black screen and Rizvan voice Mr President My name is Khan and I'm not a terrorist!

I think those are main changes maybe some more nuances but really don't remember now exactly.

6. SWEET

SWEET ♥Panorama♥

wow! thanks :hug:

7. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Thanks Pati. :D
    That makes the final scene sound so much better! :thumb:

8. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

i want to see the international version now! :pout:
    thanks for your review :hug::thumb:

hope we can buy both versions on dvd

im thankful for them shortening the madira cryng part :D
    when he first goes to wilhemina scene is cut out? :(
    and i really want to see the added scenes

9. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

the ending is blacked out :(
    tht's sad :pout:

10. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

I can't wait to see this
    we get the Indian version tomorrow on dvd and before year end we get the cut version on dvd. NICE!

11. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Wow, thanks so much for telling us. I would love to watch it...how long til May 7th :pout:

12. donshema

donshema SRK is my Family

I guess I would prefer the final scene as it was .....it was so emotional ......also I would prefer the longer version.....I think also I like to see the shorter version just to watch the added scene especially (Rizwan with the dead Sam).

I am glad that you liked the shorter version..it means the movie is still as good as it was :clap2:

13. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

I've seen the cut version and for me it's much better than the original long one.
    The movie is more subtle,yet very touching, keeps its pace throughout till the end without dragging, and remains believable.

I loved the fade-to-black-and-voiceover ending - a beautiful ending of Rizvan's journey.
    All in all, the cut version is a brilliant movie! :thumb:

14. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

Mandira telling Rizvan that Sam is dead and scene when Rizvan wears Sam's shoes in his bedroom is cut out

Owhhhh damn... His reaction was so beautiful yaar...:eek: