1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

MNIK in your country

Discussion in 'My Name Is Khan' started by Wafa, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

If you think there are enough Hindi Film fans in your country, or even in your state and you want to have MNIK release there please let me know. I am working in association with Fox to get it released in new markets.

Poland, Peru, Russia please pm me or email me if you want to help get the movie in your countries. there is a good chance to have a release in May.

2. donshema

donshema SRK is my Family

that's great new for SRK fans in many countries like Peru....Chile also. They were wishing MNIK to release there. I hope it works with them and it gets released there :pray:

3. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I really don't know how many hindi film fans there are in Finland (but I have learned little by little that it's much popular than I had imagined) and even less I know what would be enough in a country this size (5 million people). But here some of us, we have been trying to message the local cinema chain (there is practically only one cinema chain which has de facto monopoly in Finland) asking them about the release, but so far with no luck. If you think there is anything more we could do, please let me know, and if there is anything you can do, also let me know. I saw MNIK in Sweden last week and trying to be objective (and remember that not everyone feels the same way I do about SRK) I really feel it's very important this film would release in Finland. But I can't personnally promise more of an audience than the peope I would drag to the theater and the people I know who would go see it. It would very much depend on the reviews it would get here and that can only be known after it would release. (phew, was this a too long answer?:eek:)

4. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

thanks Katja. they don't have to be particularly srk fans as long as they like to watch hindi films. if you think there is a chance and enough number of people would watch, give me the name and contact number of that theater you want to see the film released at. hopefully they speak English or I may have you translate for them :D

5. SWEET

SWEET ♥Panorama♥

oh yes plzzz Romania to

6. KRK

KRK कति Member

As I know MNIK will come to Germany on May, but I don't know which cities. Thank a lot for your commitment :kiss:

7. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Thanks Wafa, I just started finding out about this, and I realised that even though the theater chain is a monopoly, there are different companies that are distribute the films here, so it seems it's a bit more complicated than that. (I mean for me to find out who should be contacted). I'll try to find out, but it might take me a couple of days (I know someone whom I can ask about this) and I'll send the contact information then. Thank you! And yes, I do think there could be enough audience, as long as it gets at least some good reviews here...

8. Number8

Number8 Well-Known Member

That's great, I want a release in Spain! Particulary in Barcelona, because there a lot of people from Pakistan/India/South Asia here, but a lot!! And people from Morocco also that like hindi films and a minority of spanish people too! I hope they can release it in Spain too! Thanks!

9. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Wafa, on a slightly different (but related) topic, I wish you could find out how to get around this problem:

When the cinemas here (in Australia) advertise in the newspapers they usually have a separate box marked 'Bollywood'.
    Despite the film being reviewed in mainstream media and posters up at the cinemas, it was still listed as under 'Bollywood'

That means that no-one who was not Indian or interested anyway would have given it a second glance in the paper!
    It should have just been listed with all the other films.
    It seems to have done ok here, but it should have done better.
    Every time I went (all 5 times! :D) there were only one or two non-Indians in the audience (apart from the ones I dragged along!)

Surely Fox could influence how they advertise the film!
    I think this approach killed it here.

10. srkgauri

srkgauri Well-Known Member

Re : MNIK in your country

oh yes , morocco pleaas

11. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

thanks Chris I have conveyed your concern to Fox.

12. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Morocco, Spain and others who contacted me, I'm waiting for your replies to get me email address of persons in charge in your local theatres. please follow up and let me know.

13. srkgauri

srkgauri Well-Known Member

Re : Re: MNIK in your country

i have sent you an email address

14. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Thanks Wafa.
    I have been gnashing my teeth over this!
    Its probably too late to make a difference here, but perhaps they will encounter something similar elsewhere.

15. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Re: Re : Re: MNIK in your country

thank you salma I sent them email.

@simo, any progress?

anyone here from Poland?

16. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

at least if they are planning a re-release they can keep this in mind, not only in Australia but here in the USA as well.

17. Number8

Number8 Well-Known Member

Hello Wafa, first i was not able to contact anyone because it snowed very much here and everything was blocked and no electricity for a week now till God knows, and I need more information to make the contact, the film will be dubbed to spanish or just with subtitles? And if the release it's only in 2 cinemas I don't think it's worth making it, because Billu Barber it released here in 4 cinemas with subtitles and nobody watched it, add to this that people who are hindi-filmi got to watch the movies on the net first so getting the release later will cut audiences. But, anyways, from all the cinema theatres I sent you before I guess the bigger are the ones located in Barcelona and Madrid.

18. an87

an87 Hmm...just dream...

Hello Wafa in Poland MNIK will be released in april 23 finally. I'm very happy because I'm waiting for this film impatiently. Film will be with subtitles. I don't know in how many cinemas but I think that about dozen.

19. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

thanks Simo, I am working on spain now out of the list you gave me, I also sent to Fox. hopefully it works.

20. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Poland and Russia have confirmed their interest but I think they might delay to May or June, not sure of the dates yet.but at least they said they were interested.

Finland, Morocco and Peru are still in negotiations.
    I also have at least one theater here in LA (AMC) who might be interested. I'm already collecting viewers for them by talking to people in Blockbuster and Hollywood video stores. hopefully I hear something from corp office soon.