1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

MNIK in german cinemas to be shunted to a later time,10th june

Discussion in 'My Name Is Khan' started by mumbiene, Mar 11, 2010.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

MNIK in german cinemas to be shunted to a later time,10th june

Moviestart : "My Name is Khan" is coming on 10th june in the German cinemas , in the abbreviated, international version.

http://twitter.com/ISHQde

2. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

AW: MNIK in german cinemas to be shunted to a later time,10th june

just read it on twitter too :mmph::rant: but is it confirm???? :suspicious:

3. mumbiene

ISHQde have always the new updates and so i think it is so.

4. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

wonder why.. could be dubbing/subtitles? will try to find out.

5. mumbiene

6. Ella

dear Wafa..we know already abt the dubbed version :sad: but why they'll release it later now??? thats the question :tsk:

but thanks that you'll find out :hug:

7. Pedi

Pedi Well-Known Member

10th june in Germany :( - now I`m even more happier that I can watch MNIK in some days in a cinema in Mumbai - and this without dubbing and without the abbreviated, international version :):D.
    Thank you so much that you will find out, Wafa :hug:

8. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Oh Ela on Ishq Twitter Page stands shorter International Version. I'm so disapionted by Fox. :( Why they do that? Why they don't ask what we want?

9. phul

OMG June noooooo I have forgot but i have checked it. Do you kow what? 10 th of june perfect date.:rolleyes: Do you know what? On the 11 th of June the soccer world Championchip in South Afrika will start. Germany is a soccer Crazy Nation. To this time no one who is not Hindifilm fan will be in the Cinema all will be watching soccer on tv. Great Fox very great.

10. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

But Anke, isn't this film trying to reach a new audience?
    I don't think they only want dedicated fans of Hindi cinema to go - they want people who don't normally go to these films to try it out.
    I guess they have their reasons, but it seems odd timing! :confused:

11. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Oh this is bad bad bad bad!!!! Why dub it in the first place? Did Fox go blind when they saw so many SRK fans at Berlinale and what about those who couldn't make it? They became fans watching Shah Rukh speak HINDI not somebody else speaking GERMAN. :rant:

12. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

suck ass for you guys:tsk::grouphug:
    you guys will be seeing it around the same time it release for US audience.
    I just hope they don't push it back more than that:tape::tape:

13. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

An actor's voice is one of the main tools at their disposal.
    The thought of them taking away srk's voice makes me :puke:

14. Pedi

Pedi Well-Known Member

AW: Re: MNIK in german cinemas to be shunted to a later time,10th june

You are absolutely right :thumb:.
    But in Germany most people wouldn`t attend to watch a movie with subtitels :(:( - so it will reache a bigger audience by dubbing...unfortunately :eek:
    Anyhow - meanwhile we could be happy in Germany that hindi movies reaching our cinemas slowly :) - maybe one day we will get the chance to choose and they will show two versions - one with dubbing and one without :)

15. phul

AW: Re: MNIK in german cinemas to be shunted to a later time,10th june

Chris i know that and i want too that more peopel watch Hindifilms. But what will it bring to cut the film? Maybe some non Hindifilm fans will watch it but they will loose the main audience the fans. I have read some tweets in the last 24 hours from German fans. Wich have said they would prefer to wait till the DVD is released then to watch a short Version in the Cinema. :Cry: that makes me sad. To be honest i feel discriminated by Fox. I mean do we in the western world not have the right to see the whole Film? And there is another point. please imagine you are a person who never had seen a Hindifilm you go and watch MNIK what will you expect when you will go the next time in a Cinema? Not all directors makes their Films short and without Dancing and Songs. MNIK has Songs ok without dancing. But Songs. But if you never had seen a Hindifilm and you do not know that normally the Films are so long then you will be suprised the next time how long the film is. I hope you know what i want to say. Shah Rukh has said also the shorter version is good. And i have no doubts that it is. But to cut MNIK no no no in my opinion there is nothing what they could cut out. And btw. they want reach a wider audience with the shorter version but wich audience? the wider audience here in Germany will sit at home and watch soccer :rolleyes: :mmph: Sorry for my sarcasmim. :pray: but i really do not know what Fox had thing to release MNIK here during the soccer world championchip.:frusty: I'm so worried that MNIK will flop here. I do not want that. MNIK is such a wonderful Film it should not Flop any where. Shah Rukh loves Germany and if MNIK should flop here he will be sad i don't want that he is sad.:Cry:

16. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Anke, that was exactly my point!
    I didn't say it was good to cut the film to reach a new audience.
    I said I found it odd that they released it during the football when that may impact on this new audience that they are trying to attract.

Regarding cuts: - I think it could benefit from a few cuts anyway, just to make it a better film - but I'm sure they are not going to make the changes where I want to see them anyway. :rolleyes:

As for dubbing! :mad2: Well, I've given my opinion on that already! :tsk:
    I can understand that it reaches a wider audience without subtitltes (maybe people should learn to read - and I'm not just talking about Germany here! :rolleyes:).
    I guess srk has to learn German so he can dub it himself!

17. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

this info came directly from Fox:

Hi Wafa

The information is correct and this is due to getting a proper release window due to local releases and production timelines of the German version

18. mumbiene

Thanks for the information, Wafa!:thumb::)

19. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

20. Ella