1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

MNIK Box Office

Discussion in 'My Name Is Khan' started by jg2k, Feb 11, 2010.

1. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

MNIK became the biggest overseas grosser with a huge margin:D

here we go..:cheer2:

Top Overseas Grossers All Time

Thursday 12th August 2010 09.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

The top Hindi film grossers of all time in the overseas market is as follows. All figures in US Dollars.

1. My Name Is Khan - $19.25 million

2. Three Idiots - $15.50 million

3. Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna - $10.75 million

4. Om Shanti Om - $10 million

5. Dhoom 2 - $8.50 million

6. Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi - $8.40 million

7. Veer Zaara - $8.20 million

8. Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham - $8 million

9. Don - $7.50 million

10. Jodhaa Akbar - $7.50 million

Complete article
    http://www.boxofficeindia.com/npages.php?page=shownews&articleid=1903&nCat=news

2. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

7 OUT OF 10 HUGE GROSSES ARE SRK'S FILMS

3. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

just look at that list with all those SRK movies in there :whoo::whoo::cheer2::cheer2:
    rock on MNIK :D:madgrin:

4. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

AW: MNIK Box Office

wahoooo :cheer2::cheer2: will say what we all know already ... Shah Rukh is the best :madgrin::love::heart:

5. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

:cheer2:He sure is the best!

6. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Top Overseas Grossers 2010

Monday 16th August 2010 09.00 IST

The top overseas grossers for 2010 is as follows. My Name Is Khan leads the list with a record total.

1. My Name Is Khan - $19.25 million
    2. Kites - $4.90 million
    3. Raajneeti - $4 miliion
    4. Housefull - $3.90 million
    5. I Hate Luv Storys - $3 million
    6. Raavan - $2.40 million
    7. Khatta Meetha - $1.90 million
    8. Veer - $1.70 million
    9. Once Upon A Time In Mumbai -$1.10 million

Source: http://boxofficeindia.com/npages.php?page=shownews&articleid=1913&nCat=news

7. jg2k

jg2k The.One

'My Name is Khan' Rs. 110 cr. India, Rs. 99 cr. Overseas

By Taran Adarsh, August 27, 2010 - 08:14 IST

MY NAME IS KHAN, which was released in India on 12th February, 2010, is still making waves across the globe. Having raked in Rs. 110 crores in India, the film continues its march across global territories and has already grossed Rs. 99 crores in the International markets [still counting], according to an official statement issued by Fox Star Studios.

Post successful release in U.S., U.K., Middle East and Australia, MNIK continues to break records across Europe. MNIK has already become the most successful film in Europe with a box-office collection of US$ 5.6 million with 325 prints. The release width of 425 prints across just Europe is bigger than the release plan of any Bollywood film on a worldwide basis.

The film has the unique distinction of being the first Bollywood film to be dubbed and released theatrically in 4 European languages: Spanish, German, Russian and Italian. Currently, the film is playing across cinema halls in Germany and will release in Russia in September and Italy in November with more than 100 prints.

A number of factors have contributed to the astounding success of MNIK in the International markets, including:-

* A separate edit for the mainstream markets by well-known editor Allan Bell, which is a first for an Indian film.

* Country specific promotion plans with marketing investment across key countries.

* Presence on mainstream promotion platforms including Jonathan Ross Show, BBC Asia network and BILD, Germany's largest newspaper and innovative promotions like first time ever Bollywood presence at the opening of the NASDAQ bell.

* Red Carpet premiere at the Berlin Film Festival.

With MNIK, Fox Star Studios has opened up newer markets and delivered box-office numbers by creating new opportunities for Bollywood in markets hitherto unexplored. Some key milestones being:

* No. 1 Bollywood film across Middle East, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, South Africa and other African markets.

* Opened new markets across the world - a first for Bollywood: Puerto Rico, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Taiwan, Italy, Spain, Russia.

Source: http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2010/08/27/14522/index.html

8. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

I agree with Overseas collection, MNIK will cross 100 croes soon:D

India collection confused me:confused:

9. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

i won't comment sth to the quality of this newspaper :rolleyes::rolleyes: but in refer to MNIK it was great .. like lots more of german newspapers :cheer2::cheer2:

10. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

MNIK Still Scoring
    By Box Office India 2010-08-28

My Name is Khan (MNIK), which released in India on February 12, is still making waves across the globe. Fox Star Studios says that after raking in Rs 110 crore in India, the film continues its march across global territories and has grossed Rs 99 crore in the International markets.

Post the successful release in the US, the UK, the Middle East and Australia, MNIK continues to break records across Europe with box office collections of US$ 5.6 million with 325 prints.

The release width of 425 prints across just Europe is bigger than the release plan of any other Hindi film on a worldwide basis. The film is also the first Hindi film to be dubbed and released theatrically in four European languages – Spanish, German, Russian and Italian. Currently, MNIK is playing across cinema halls in Germany and will release in Russia in September, and Italy in November with more than 100 prints.

Fox Star Studios attributes the success of MNIK in the international markets to:
    • A separate edit for the mainstream markets by well-known editor Allan Bell, a first for an Indian film.
    • Country-specific promotion plans with marketing investment across key countries.
    • Presence on mainstream promotion platforms including the Jonathan Ross Show, BBC Asia network and Bild, Germany’s largest newspaper, and innovative promotions like the first-time ever presence of the Hindi film industry at the opening of the NASDAQ bell.
    • Red Carpet premiere at the Berlin Film Festival.

http://www.boxofficeindia.co.in/straightnews2.php?id=122

11. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

mashallah

12. mumbiene

Dabangg Finishes Fifth In UAE All Time Grossers

Wednesday 27th October 2010 09.00 IST

The three new releases fared badly in International markets. The Telugu version of Rakht Charitra was okay in North America. Jhootha Hi Sahi was a rom-com which has a market overseas but this time collections were awful.

Dabangg has finished its run with a $5.50 million total. IN UAE its the fifth biggest grosser ever with a $2 million gross. The top 4 are Three Idiots, My Name Is Khan, Rab ne Bana Di Jodi and Ghajini. It has beaten the $5 million business of Salaam - E - Ishq which was the highest grosser for Salman Khan before Dabangg.

1.place: 3I
    2.place: MNIK
    3.place: RNBDJ
    4.place: Ghajini
    5.place: Dabangg

http://boxofficeindia.com/overdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=2155&nCat=overseas_report

13. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Top Grosser 2010 UAE
    Thursday 16th December 2010 09.30 IST

There is one major 2010 release left in Tees Maar Khan and UAE has been the best overseas market in 2010 with two films in My Name is Khan and Dabangg being amongst the top five ever in UAE. Tees Maar Khan will be a hoping for a top three spot as well if the film manages acceptance. The top grossers in UAE in 2010 is as follows.

1. My Name Is Khan -$2,700,000
    2. Dabangg - $2,000,000
    3. Golmaal 3 - $1,350,000
    4. Kites - $1,150,000
    5. Housefull - $800,000
    6. Raajneeti - $660,000
    7. I Hate Luv Storys - $600,000
    8. Guzaarish - $575,000
    9. Anjaana Anjaani - $550,000
    10. Raavan - $525,000

http://boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=2340&nCat=box_office_news

14. mumbiene

that's great news, thanks for the info!:thumb:

15. jg2k

jg2k The.One

The Domestic Box Office Winners 2010
    Wednesday 5th January 2011 09.30 IST

There were 13 films which scored at the box office in India this year. The following films were the ones which did Above Average business or better. All verdicts only take into account box office collections against the release size.

1. Dabangg
    Distributor Share - 77 crore
    Prints - 1675
    Share Per Print - 4.60 lakhs
    Verdict - ALL TIME BLOCKBUSTER

2. Golmaal 3
    Distributor Share - 57.75 crore
    Prints - 1550
    Share Per Print - 3.75 lakhs
    Verdict - BLOCKBUSTER

3. Raajneeti
    Distributor Share - 48.75 crore
    Prints - 1475
    Share Per Print - 3.30 lakhs
    Verdict - BLOCKBUSTER

4. Housefull
    Distributor Share - 37.25 crore
    Prints - 1550
    Share Per Print - 2.40 lakhs
    Verdict - HIT

5. My Name Is Khan
    Distributor Share - 37 crore
    Prints - 1425
    Share Per Print - 2.60 lakhs
    Verdict - HIT

6. Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai
    Distributor Share - 29.75 crore
    Prints - 1275
    Share Per Print - 2.35 lakhs
    Verdict - HIT

7. I Hate Luv Storys
    Distributor Share - 21.50 crore
    Prints - 950
    Share Per Print - 2.25 lakhs
    Verdict - HIT

8. Tees Maar Khan
    Distributor Share - 35 crore (expected)
    Prints - 1850
    Share Per Print - 1.90 lakhs
    Verdict - SEMI HIT

9. Peepli [Live]
    Distributor Share - 14.75 crore
    Prints - 750
    Share Per Print - 1.95 lakhs
    Verdict - SEMI HIT

10. Ishqiya
    Distributor Share - 10.50 crore
    Prints - 525
    Share Per Print - 2 lakhs
    Verdict - SEMI HIT

11. Anjaana Anjaani
    Distributor Share - 20 crore
    Prints - 1075
    Share Per Print - 1.85 lakhs
    Verdict - ABOVE AVERAGE

12. Badmash Company
    Distributor Share - 15.50 crore
    Prints - 925
    Share Per Print - 1.70 lakhs
    Verdict - ABOVE AVERAGE

13. Band Baaja Baaraat
    Distributor Share - 10 crore (expected)
    Prints - 550
    Share Per Print - 1.80 lakhs
    Verdict - ABOVE AVERAGE

Note: When a film is in the same category like Hit then the one with the higher share is ranked higher. A film with total multiplex release must get higher print average as the grosses are much higher at multiplexes than small centres but last year saw even urban films like I Hate Luv Storys and Anjaana Anjaani getting pretty big releases.

http://www.boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=2408&nCat=box_office_news

16. bijal

bijal Well-Known Member

17. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

18. mumbiene

Top Overseas Grossers 2010

Friday 7th January 2010 15.00 IST

The overseas market was poor in 2010. My Name Is Khan was phenomenal with record business but that was only real bright spot. Dabangg did well while there were a few good performers in particular markets like We Are Family in UK, Golmaal 3 in UAE and Raajneeti in Australia. The top grossers were as follows.

1. My Name Is Khan - $19.21 million

2. Dabangg - $5.45 million

3. Kites - $4.90 million

4. Golmaal 3 - $4.30 million

5. Tees Maar Khan - $4.15 million

6. Raajneeti -$3.99 million

7. Housefull - $3.92 million

8. I Hate Luv Storys - $2.98 million

9. Anjaani Anjaani - $2.50 million

10. We Are Family - $2.40 million

Overall My Name Is Khan was an All Time Blockbuster while Dabangg was a hit. Golmaal 3 and Raajneeti were Semi Hits.

http://boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=2410&nCat=box_office_news

19. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I'm at a loss as to how some news writers are still saying MNIK did not do well. :confused:

These overseas figures are astounding, and then its also placed No. 5 on the list in India.
    Considering it was a challenging topic and the uncertainty with the SS at release time, these figures seem fantastic to me! :high5:

20. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

exactly, wonder why they say that...