1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

MNIK Box Office

Discussion in 'My Name Is Khan' started by jg2k, Feb 11, 2010.

1. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Thought of opening this thread to keep together all the BO Updates on MNIK.

Let me begin with a great tweet by Mushtaq Shiekh:

No good news touches this @iamsrk MNIK advance collections 30 per cent more than 3 idiots. Reweet the milk out of this one!!!

2. ~(Baadshah)~

~(Baadshah)~ ♥ Μý ηαmε ιs κhαη ♥

Wow.. That's amazing..! I'm waiting for some official confirmation on this..! :hail:

3. adzli

adzli Active Member

Re: MNIK Box Office (Update 12/02/2010)

My Name Is Khan Opens To Bumper Response

Friday 12th February 2010 13.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

My Name Is Khan has opened to a bumper response in India. Multiplexes across the country are recording phenomenal collections with major multiplexes being 100% for the first two shows. Wave Ludhiana, Fun Chandigarh, Wave Noida, Inox Kolkata, PVR Bangalore and Fun Bangalore amongst others have seen full houses in the morning for the first two shows.

Mumbai which is having a limited release is also extraordinary. Fun had their first show in the city at 12.00 and recorded 100% collections. The business at single screens is lower than multiplexes but still very good. Delhi and Kolkata single screens are super strong. Despite the problems in Mumbai the film will record very high collections on day one.:D

4. Number8

Number8 Well-Known Member

I feel like putting the song "Beat It - MJ" right now lol

5. ~(Baadshah)~

Humanity wins.. And SRK Rulz.. MNIK :hail:

6. SRKfanforever

SRKfanforever Well-Known Member

7. Number8

--'M.N.I.K.' opens to a deafening response!--

Humungous -- that's the right word to describe the initial response to MY NAME IS KHAN. The film had a deafening start at practically every centre, with practically every multiplex generating 100% collections, while single screens in mass-dominated centres opened to a 70% - 80% response, which is very, very good.

At a major theatre in Delhi, the audiences heralded the arrival of the film with band-bajaa and by bursting crackers. Outside a theatre in Patna, a moviegoer distributed roses to cinegoers who had come to watch the film.

The reviews from critics who matter are already out [every reviewer has praised the film to the skies] and the audience feedback is overwhelming. In fact, at several places, there has been a mad scramble to book the tickets and the film is expected to set theatre, city and district records at most centres.

In Mumbai, the multiplexes had decided to open shows at one property each. Hence, the multiplexes didn't perform the morning shows, but commenced screening from 12 noon onwards. The screenings began at Fun Republic [Andheri], Inox [Nariman Point], PVR [Goregaon], Fame [Malad], Big [Wadala] and Cinemax [Kandivali]. The multiplexes have now started screening the film at other properties.

Despite the Mumbai release getting affected, the film should have a solid, record-breaking Friday, in terms of box-office numbers.

- By Taran Adarsh, February 12, 2010 - 16:01 IST

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/trade/boxoffice_update/index.html

8. lybeckham

lybeckham SRK- my HERO

:happy: wow wow wow :D :D :D :D

now accept everyone .... SRK rules!!!:hail:
    now and forever .......... SRK rules !!!:hail:

:heart::heart::heart: love you all who watched MNIK !!

:bounce:go MNIK !!

9. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

OMG!! :whoo::whoo:
    so happy!!! go on Mumbaikers, rock the film, stand up for yourself!!!

10. ~(Baadshah)~

U.K.:

MY NAME IS KHAN previewed last night [Thursday] with an incredible [approx.] £ 123,000 from 89 sites. The film opened 4th in the market place, behind AVATAR, THE WOLFMAN previews and INVICTUS.

AUSTRALIA:

On its opening day, MY NAME IS KHAN grossed an impressive Aus. $ 39,000. The movie is ranked #11 in the market. According to Fox, this is 107% of 3 IDIOTS Thursday B.O.

NEW ZEALAND & FIJI:

MY NAME IS KHAN collected, on its opening day, NZD $ 13,627. It ranked #7 at the box-office. It may be noted that Bollywood films traditionally open on a Friday.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/trade/special_features/108.html

11. ~(Baadshah)~

Humungous -- that's the right word to describe the initial response to MY NAME IS KHAN. The film had a deafening start at practically every centre, with practically every multiplex generating 100% collections, while single screens in mass-dominated centres opened to a 70% - 80% response, which is very, very good.

At a major theatre in Delhi, the audiences heralded the arrival of the film with band-bajaa and by bursting crackers. Outside a theatre in Patna, a moviegoer distributed roses to cinegoers who had come to watch the film.

The reviews from critics who matter are already out [every reviewer has praised the film to the skies] and the audience feedback is overwhelming. In fact, at several places, there has been a mad scramble to book the tickets and the film is expected to set theatre, city and district records at most centres.

In Mumbai, the multiplexes had decided to open shows at one property each. Hence, the multiplexes didn't perform the morning shows, but commenced screening from 12 noon onwards. The screenings began at Fun Republic [Andheri], Inox [Nariman Point], PVR [Goregaon], Fame [Malad], Big [Wadala] and Cinemax [Kandivali]. The multiplexes have now started screening the film at other properties.

Despite the Mumbai release getting affected, the film should have a solid, record-breaking Friday, in terms of box-office numbers.

12. SRKfanforever

SRKfanforever Well-Known Member

I am proud to be living in UK:dance::dance::dance:

13. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

this is so awesome!

14. Lia

Lia Well-Known Member

Great..... :thumb:

15. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

hope the US numbers can live up to other countries :pray2:
    im doing my part tonight.. and tomorrow and hopefully sunday :madgrin:

16. Number8

17. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I'm doing my part today and ......!!!! I have also talked three others into seeing it. My sister is driving 3.5 hours to come and watch it with me!!!!

18. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

19. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

"It is not important how anybody treats me, it's important how I treat them"
    - Shahrukh Khan

This quote, now more than ever, has really had to come into play for Shah Rukh. I love reading it every time I see you sigi, Katja!!

20. Number8