1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Members Ra.One Reviews

Discussion in 'RaOne (Ra.1)' started by rollercoast, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Cila

Cila Well-Known Member

Finally I saw the movie. It's hard to tell how dissapointed I feel. I did not like it at all!:(
    The bigest flaws are:
    1.Characters.
    I don't understand why did they decide to portray Shekhar as some kind of fool who tries to imitate Michael Jackson or gets easilly robed by some idiot? And do you know any modern teenager who has Michael Jackson's poster on his wall? The father-son relationship was completely shallow, the Sonia-Shekhar one as well.
    2.Superheroes
    After seeing the promos I was expecting something big & epic. Unfortunately, the hero & villain were anything but epic. Didn't like the final fight between them - the way of figure out who the real Ravaan is was way too easy!
    3.VFX
    The special effects are the best I've seen in indian cinema, but I feel that it's still far away from Hollywood level.
    4.Pointless special apperances
    The worst was Rajini - it didn't make sense at all. The Priyanka/Sanyaj was better, but still too long.
    5.The awful humour
    I would expect that kind of stuff from Akshay or Salman, but not from SRK! Didn't like the Chinese jokes, the airport guy, the blue goo in G.One's nose...The worst was uncle Iyer!
    6.SRK-Kareena pairing
    I don't think I want to see these two together again. I really liked them in Asoka or Marjanii...but in Ra.One it was clear how uncomfortable they're feel with each other.

I hope you won't hate me. That's just my honest opinion. I love Shahrukh dearly and I hope he will be more careful in his future projects. I wish he never makes that mistake again.

sami16 and nika thank this.
  2. nika

nika Well-Known Member

I agree. This movie had too much flaws for a Shahrukh movie, though if it was Salman's it would be considered as a great awesome piece of work, a masterpiece never done before!!! You're right the jokes were quite stupid, almost in Akshay or Salman level! But if it was them everybody would enjoy!
    Just because it's Shahrukh all expect too much! Because all love and trust him so much!
    I blame the script and direction for that flaws. And I think Shahrukh did his best as a producer to bring new technologies to Indian cinema while keeping all Bollywood aspects and masala enjoyment. Though the combination didn't turned out the way it should, I'm proud of him for his great vision.
    It was first of its genre in India in this scale and I think it's pretty acceptable that it couldn't be flawless.
    The VFX part was really clean for a non-Hollywood movie. It was not a great movie international wise but a great step towards that.

semsem008 and Cila thank this.
  3. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

Its good to see that ur willing to say something has gone wrong....mark of a true fan!

Cila says thanks.
  4. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

I also felt dissapointed since ra.one had so much potential. It's funny that since 2000 all of srk's movies had good and at the least decent content but when the time came for his own dream project the content was poor - the script was weak and not well defined. This explains why the film crashed in its 2nd week where the content of the film speaks. Had they had even an average story it would have done superb and a good story would have ensured it would easily cross 3 idiots' total. But kudos to srk for having the guts to make the biggest film in bollywood but this film could have had the potential to be huge if only a good story was in place.

nika and Cila thank this.
  5. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

excuse me but praising Ra One and not saying that something went wrong in it, doesnt make you less of a true fan!

Pompula and HALA*SRK thank this.
  6. Yeh Dil

Yeh Dil He is my live

That's right Ru. Criticism is one of them. But I think it's not your average criticism, but a complete rupture of the film.
    Well, may well be that he is not everyone's taste. But here he is completely picked apart. Error there is in every movie. And to compare films like Asoka and Ra.One I think just for a joke.

I've seen the movies Ra.One. Unfortunately, only once. Yes, the movie is different. He has not the charm, not erotic, not the emotions, like most of his films. But I think he has class.
    A goofy but lovable father, who achieved the recognition of his son, created by his Super Hero.
    Since when in a fantasy film, everything is logical. The film has good music, good stunts, lots of action. I would welcome a sequel.

Can argue about taste. Criticism is also normal. But this should be factual.

Alenka and bluey[Ru] thank this.
  7. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Thank you I was writing the same........but due to my grand kids it totally got erased!! We watched again last night. And loved it again! All of us cannot wait for a sequel.
    Goofy is right but not a fool, fools cannot make video games nor choose not to fight a robber in case their child may be hurt, they tend to see the big picture.
    And I actually liked the relationship between Shakher and Sonia, didn't think I would, don't like her much.
    The Rajiini scene (what 1-2 minutes tops?) I knew this was a tribute, which we don't do much in Hollywood, but didn't bother me, the fight scene was fun.....some of that potty humor that kids love, "you can't touch me there!"
    Please explain what you mean by epic? I found the ending scene very well done and very touching.....my grown daughter had tears in her eyes when G. One said he had to take Ra. One back to the game. By the way this was my daughter's first Bollywood movie, she enjoyed it very, very much.
    Saw Don 2 again Friday, and do you know what preview they had with it? SpiderMan, yea that's right....."Hollywood" is remaking SpiderMan!! Pathetic!
    It takes imagination and guts to create something new and original. I feel Ra. One did just that and did it very well.

bluey[Ru] says thanks.
  8. Yeh Dil

Yeh Dil He is my live

Thanks. It pleases me to read. You're right, one goofy (for car keys, or dress, you know) but absolutely no fool. I was amused about the Michael Jackson scene. The battle scene has made me even fun.The final scenes were very good, even the absolute end ... it promises a second In part.I do not know how to close because of the trailer, it could be an epic. I think the film has Hollywood class.But please do not Spiderman. Full horror. OMG No. No. No. Unfortunately, I can look Don2 after the Berlinale. But I am already really excited.

Debbie says thanks.
  9. HALA*SRK

HALA*SRK Pagal of SRK!!

Finally I have seen it yesterday!! and I LOVE IT!! :)

It's a good feel film, Good story (I love the idea of a game characters come to live) .. nice situations (I love Shekhar-Sonia & G.One-prateek Relations) , GREAT songs my favourite is ''It's Criminal'' ..

Now come to performances : What can I say about SRK (G.One) :love: he's the best superhero I have ever seen Strong & HOT .. makes me want to see more & more of my HERO!! :faint:

I liked kareena, and I LOVED Armaan (Prateek) great found.. Arjun was soo good as Ra.One ..

VFX & Actions was top notch .. Loved the fighting scenes and the Idea of the faceless villain ..

It's a new genre and really we have to feel proud of our king, for trying something new and having the courage to make it that BIG!! Hats off for the King :)

10. Cila

Cila Well-Known Member

Do you refer to my post? I'm confused :)
    I think I would like Shekhar more/would be more shocked of his death if he weren't such a goofy character. He was too goofy in my opinion. It was completely unnecessary. As a video game designer he shouldn't had been so outdated. Hated the Michael Jackson stuff - I know it was probably because SRK admires him, but c'mon - I don't know any kid in Prateek age who would like Michael Jackson:rolleyes: He used to be kid's idol...but it was 20 years ago :lol:

As for the word "epic"...I was expecting some great fights & punch lines. I don't know why, but there is something missing there. Ra.One doesn't seem as bad ass as I was hoping for. G.one doesn't seem interesting enough too. The final battle was, well, ridiculous in my opinion. Especially the shadow part. The third level supposed to be really difficult, but it wasn't.

Don was a remake too ;)

Of course, I'm happy that some of you loved the movie. I would explain my opinion better, but my language skills are really bad. Let's say that we have a different taste of movies.

11. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

oh my god :lol:
    just because YOU don't know any kid who loves MJ doesnt mean those kids dont exist! here is a proof.. this kid was invited to attend a funeral of MJ and he said that he's been hearing his music ever since he was a kid..

12. Yeh Dil

Yeh Dil He is my live

Thank you, Agent Ru. :kiss:

bluey[Ru] says thanks.
  13. SWEET

SWEET ♥Panorama♥

with all respact my bro is in the age of that kid and still love MJ and btw there are alot of charcter like Shekhaer and i knw some and for the info ppl like him ARE THE MOST SWEETISS AND GENIUS IN THE WORLD so plz do think of other before u write about thes thing :)

HALA*SRK, Yeh Dil and bluey[Ru] thank this.
  14. semsem008

semsem008 Well-Known Member

you said it all... thank you... that is exactly what i think about the movie
    it is good but also it is not srk usual level of work... not srk... not after MINK.. but also it is an achievement in the VFX department
    we should say the good things as well as the bad... but with its flaws i didnt leave the movie till the end... the movie makes you want to see it all
    we just expected it to be more... and about the VFX.. we expected it to be more also .. we are used to american films with their great budget and unbelievable stunts and graphics... but srk did his best.. he made the most expensive film.. put a lot of money in the film.. at least he is trying and i as a viewer appreciate his effort

nika says thanks.
  15. nika

nika Well-Known Member

Exactly, That's the main thing... AT LEAST HE IS TRYING. :)
    He tried to give Indian cinema what it lacks the most. It was so brave to come out of his comfort zone and try such a risky expensive experience to take Indian cinema forward.

semsem008 says thanks.
  16. semsem008

semsem008 Well-Known Member

i may agree with you in some aspects but i think you are too harsh... yes it is not srk level of work but you have to say the good things also
    yes the best was the VFX but don't expect it to be like hollywood... it is an Indian first step in the international market.. you dont expect it to be like hollywood last step
    i liked Ra one by the way.. with its flaws... it is a light superhero movie.. dont take it so seriously... superhero movies especially with a game (games is supposed to be for kids only) cant expected to be epic

special appearances are always pointless in any movie but they are essential in hindi cinema and about srk kareena pairing was surprisingly great unlike what i expected as i dont like kareena much
    but i agree with you about the humour and the worst to me was the songs choreography ... i dont like this choreographer and he wont win an award for chammak challo :oops:

i would like to see Ra one 2 but with another writers and director
    anyway every one has his opinion and what he likes or doesn't like but let us not be harsh or extremely negative

nika says thanks.
  17. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Don was a remake too ;)[/quote]

No, I was referring to Yeh Dil, post...........sorry if you didn't understand.

You mean the first Don that SRK made right? Amitabh Bachchan's Don was in 1978.......Don 2006......over 25 years, the first Spider Man was in 2002, Spider Man 3 in 2007........kinda soon for a remake to me.......unfortunately it happens in all cinema.
    I just wish more actors, directors were willing to take a chance and try something new....

18. Cila

Cila Well-Known Member

Still, the modern kids who love MJ are the minority IMO. And I don't think that Prateek is that kind of teenager who would be MJ's fan:)
    They should had put Akon's poster on the wall :D That would be really brilliant!

19. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

sorry but.. i'm not sure the writer of this movie has discussed with you or anyone else what kind of a character Prateek should be like, it was shown to us that he loves MJ and since its a "fictional" character, we should believe that he loves MJ just like when we believed any other character features of SRK!

Yeh Dil says thanks.
  20. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Maybe they used Michael Jackson, because everyone but everyone, no matter the age, no matter where in the world you live, knows who he is......and of course "Bad" ;)

nika and Yeh Dil thank this.