Member of the Month Competition [updated]

Discussion in 'Contests & Competitions' started by Kalee, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Kalee

Kalee I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls!!!:love:

Okay fiiine, its just me, not Shah Rukh, lol.:p As all of you here know PlanetSRK is the best Shah Rukh Khan forum and site on the net, in the world.:cool: We have articles, pictures, videos, contests, amazing prizes, the original I-Khan, exclusives with Shah Rukh….and of course we are dedicated to the best actor and human being, the one and only, Shah Rukh Khan.:heart:

BUT, there’s one more thing that makes our forum the best!!!…No no, it’s not all the sexy snapshots.:tape: What? Nooo, it’s not the pictures of his bare chest either.:nono: Ohhh, the pictures of him dripping wet you say? Okay, those all come pretty close, but still no.;)

What makes our forum the best is… you, all of you!!:grouphug: Everyone. Sab koi. Todos. Tous. Alles. We have over 5,000 of the most dedicated and wonderful Shah Rukh fans this world has ever seen. We all know it, and now, its time to let Shah Rukh know too!:becky:

We all know that Shah Rukh has a very special relationship with his fans and is always trying to get closer to them…and here is your chance to show him how wonderful you are!!!:clap2:

We are having our very first member of the month contest and it’s your time to shine!!:cheer2: The categories include (drum roll please!) Dhum dhum dhum dhum :kev:: most creative member, most realistic member, most artistic member, craziest member, naughtiest member, most active member, most helpful member, best reviewer, fastest poster of pics, fastest poster of news…and one best overall member of the month!

You will have most of March to see which of your fellow members you feel deserve nominations. At the beginning of the last week we will open it up for you guys to announce your nominations. Voting will continue for that week and at the end we will announce our outstanding members for the month of March! All of the winning members will get a special mention in the next issue of I-Khan…Shah Rukh will not only know who you are, but exactly how you contribute to this beautiful forum!:humble:

We will be continuing this competition for each issue of I-Khan, so even if you don’t win this time, keep on trying because there are many more opportunities coming your way!!!:thumb:

And now I would like to kick off this competition with a song celebrating all of you (to the tune of Main Hoon Don):becky: :

Forum mein
    Members ne
    Dil apne
    Phir thamein
    Aaye hain
    Lekar woh
    Phir kitne
    Hungaame
    Zara dekho kaun aa gaya hai
    Iss Planet pe jo chha gaye Hai
    Kiske art pe hai sab nigaahen?
    Kiske posts padh ke heraan hai?
    Aaisa dildaar aaya hai kaun?
    Tujhko pehchaan lo tum ho MOM!!!:whoo:

The members of the forum have once again held on to their hearts
    They have once again come bringing a blast of fun
    See who has come
    Who has captivated this Planet
    Whose art is it that everyone is looking at?
    Whose posts is it that everyone is impressed by reading?
    Who's this lover who has arrived?
    Recognize yourself, you are the Member of the Month!:whoo:

(I realize Don is 1 syllable and Member of the Month is 5, so I shortened it to MOM to make it work damnit!:eek::pound:)

If you have any questions feel free to ask us at any time...kyunki hum aapka intezaar kar rahe hain!:) Good luck to everyone!:hug:

*Administrators and Moderators are not eligible for this competition.

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. tweetytwinkl

tweetytwinkl Well-Known Member

AW: Member of the Month Competition

wow what a great idea!!! thanks for coming up with it!!! I'll give my very best :D

P.S.: I love the song :love: :D good work Kalee ;)

4. Trina

Trina I believe in SRK

Re: Member of the Month Competition

I nominate Wafa:)

She is the penultimate Head-Nattu! I hope one day I may be half the Nattu she is - she is knowledgable about our beloved SRK, writes to everyone she can, and that is not easy with so many family members and threads going on at one time - she has a Nattu-sense of humor - and she leads us with love.

Namaste:heart: :heart: :heart:

5. GemaSRK

GemaSRK Well-Known Member

That great idea :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I same with Triana i also want nominate wafa as best member because she proper for get it.But i also will try for get this. :)

6. cmreeves

cmreeves Well-Known Member

Yes Wafa is wonderful and deserves all this recognition and more :) But the post says administrators and moderators aren't eligible...

7. Nisha_SRK

Nisha_SRK Ullu-Club-Member

Great competition! :thumb: How do you nominate someone?

8. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Great idea!!! :) :) :clap2:

9. nesibe

nesibe Ullu-Club Member :D

AW: Member of the Month Competition

great:D:D how can we vote?

10. akoori

akoori Well-Known Member

super idea!!

Another site I go to where we have MOTM, this is the way it works.

There is a deadline for nomination. Each member is allowed to nominate 3 names, and only once.
    The top 3 names are taken for voting in a poll after the deadline.
    Voting deadlines on the poll are also set.

And the MOTM is declared.

There is a separate board for this, and the mods have quite a bit of work to do.

But its a great idea.

There are many other ways to implement this I'm sure.....just thought I'd share the way I know.
    :)

11. akoori

akoori Well-Known Member

rofl...that really got me and I had to read it twice to figure it out!

I was wondering why its not on the KBC board!

Thanls for the song...thats really nice!:thumb:

12. starstar

starstar People are not perfect (except when they smile)

WOW! That's a great idea Kalee :clap2: :clap2: ! You are a genius :hug: :hug: !

There are so many people I would like to vote for. But to start with, my vote goes to our dearest Wafa didi. She is the reason why we all are here, she is just wonderful and much more. She is the best.

So, my vote goes to Wafa didi :)

13. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

does that mean we can say 3 people we want to nominate?

14. Shilpz

Shilpz Well-Known Member

Aww I agree, but sweetie admins and moderators are not taking part :)

15. starstar

starstar People are not perfect (except when they smile)

Oh my God, I completely forgot :eek: ! Thanks for reminding me, Shilpa Sweety :) .

Then, I'll have to think of it... I'll need time.

16. Shilpz

Shilpz Well-Known Member

Awww its okie sweetie :hug: Take your time, you'll have most of March to think about it :)

17. meeka

meeka New Member

this sounds like a lot of fun :D

18. Em0sS

Em0sS Pyaar D0stii Haii

how do we nominate someone ?? Im really confused:confused:

19. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!! Staff Member

don't you love how kalee starts a topic/competition? thanks kalee, you had me rolling on the floor.:p

Great competetion put up by our mods, and great ideas, lets all join and join and nominate or vote and make this fun.:clap2: :clap2:

20. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!! Staff Member

oh one more thing. thanks trina and anyone else who is thinking of nominating me, but...

WAFA DOES NOT QUALIFY !:D

All moderators and admins Do Not qualify and cannot be nominated.

21. Mazerq_j

Mazerq_j Well-Known Member

that's so great kalee to start ths competition :D
    members will have lots of fun n it gives extra motivators to be an extra beautiful n wonderful n active members :p

we have so many wonderful members here...uhmm...so many names to choose