Matching game

Discussion in 'Games and Trivia' started by rubyroo, May 27, 2012.

1. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

I am just starting to watch all of Shah Rukh's movies and I am constantly seeing things repeated from one movie to another. I want to collect them here just randomly. It is like there are threads running through all his movies connecting them together and it is the sort of thing that fascinates me.

The first one I have noticed: The song "Tujhe Dekha To" from DDLJ is played in KANK when Dev's little boy sees a pretty little girl. He also repeats the line "I'm coming Simran"

In Darr, Rahul says "I'm coming Kiran" same as in DDLJ. In Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa, Sunil has a dream in which he runs after Anna on the beach calling, "I'm coming, Anna."

There are also things Shah Rukh does in every single movie. The two that come immediately to mind are how he holds his arms out (like in DDLJ, when he meets Simran in the mustard field, and the scene in Main Hoon Na when he meets Miss Chandni for the first time and his arms go out and he can't get them to stay down.) and how he always always runs his fingers through his hair.

Jasmine says thanks.

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. rubyroo

Movie KANK title means "Never Say Goodbye". In RNBDJ, Raj says "never say goodbye."

Jasmine says thanks.
  4. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Nice idea! :D
    In Ra.1 they play a little of KKHH music after the Chinese ladies are defeated.

Jasmine and rubyroo thank this.
  5. rubyroo

In DDLJ, Raj confesses his love for Simran and then claims he was just joking. In KANK, he confesses his love for Maya at a dinner party then says he was just joking. Surprisingly, he gets away with it both times...

Jasmine says thanks.
  6. rubyroo

Shah Rukh's character stands or walks along behind or in front of a woman holding onto the end of her scarf:

-OSO: 3x. (during the songs "Aankhon Mein Teri", "Dhoom Tana", and "Main Agar Kahoon")
    -Main Hoon Na. (at the end of the song "Tum Bhi Ho", and after the prom.)
    -Daar. (where he is standing in the elevator behind Kiran.)
    -Dil Se: this is hard to be sure on but in one part of the song "Jiya Jale", Amar is standing next to his grandmother. Meghna walks behind him and it looks like he reaches back and grabs her scarf just for a second.
    -Mohabbatein: in the song "Humko Humise Chura Lo".

Jasmine says thanks.
  7. rubyroo

His character is being blessed by a mom. She puts her hand on his cheek. He puts his hand on hers and goes all misty eyed. In Main Hoon Na and Paheli.

Jasmine says thanks.
  8. rubyroo

Shah Rukh quite often carries people in his movies. Seen in DDLJ, Dil Se, and OSO. In Main Hoon Na he carries a guy who is larger than himself on his back. When I see that it makes me think he must be very strong physically, because he does it so effortlessly.

Jasmine says thanks.
  9. Jasmine

Jasmine Well-Known Member

In Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, Raj shows up to dance class in yellow. He says to Taani; "yellow, yellow, dirty yellow". In My Name Is Khan, Rizwan Khan freaks out when he sees the color yellow. On one occasion, he tells Mandira; "yellow, yellow, dirty yellow".

rubyroo says thanks.
  10. rubyroo

Yes..."Yellow, Yellow dirty fellow." In one movie he meant it positive, in the other negative.
    In RNBDJ, yellow was the favorite color of both Raj and Suri. It was also the color theme of the movie. There were so many yellow objects, such as the tiffin bucket, the yellow car that Suri bought, and the note Tanni wrote to Suri on yellow paper.
    And of course by contrast, in MNIK, Rizwan was fearful of the color yellow.

Jasmine says thanks.
  11. Jasmine

You have such a good memory, Rubyroo!:) I remember now, he did say; "fellow" insead of "yellow" at the end of that phrase. It is so cool how you pick up on so much. You have an artistic eye to see all that. I never thought about all the yellow in RNBDJ! But it's so true!

rubyroo says thanks.
  12. Jasmine

In RNBDJ, in the phrase where he says "never say goodbye", he also says; "chalte chalte". And he did a film with Rani Mukerji that is titled Chalte Chalte.

rubyroo says thanks.
  13. rubyroo

that is too cool. Refers to 2 different movie titles in one sentence!

Jasmine says thanks.
  14. rubyroo

In RNBDJ, in the first movie Suri takes Taani to the hero swings his girlfriend around so her feet knock out the bad guys.
    G.One and Sonia do the same thing in the airport fight scene in RaOne.

Jasmine says thanks.
  15. Jasmine

Everytime I watch Ra.One, I think about that! :)

rubyroo says thanks.
  16. rubyroo

Ok. I was just watching RNBDJ (again) and I noticed that the first time Raj says "never say goodbye" he says it in English and then he says it in Hindi. I'm amazed I caught that. I wonder if I am starting to understand Hindi! just kidding...

Jasmine says thanks.
  17. Jasmine

In Main Hoon Na Ram does a "Matrix" move in the teacher's lounge when he's trying to avoid the spit from Professor Rasai. In Ra.One, G.One does a "Matrix" move in the parking lot outside the airport during the scuffle with a bunch of hoodlums.

rubyroo says thanks.
  18. Jasmine

Warning: Spoilers

Films with no parents or just one parent:
    This may not qualify as a "thread" that is running through different films, connecting them. But, I think it is interesting. The list is not complete. I did mention a few "lack of parent but irrelevant to story line" films randomly. But, for the most part, I did not bother to list irrelevant films. I tried to be sure to catch the films where it was either noticable with only one parent and where the protagonist is clearly affected by the lack of one or both parents.

No Parents
    King Uncle (his older brother was taking care of him and his sister)
    Baazigar (his dad died early on, his mom lived a little while, then died)
    Anjaam (I don't recall ever seeing parents for him)
    Ram Jaan (having no parents was very significant for protagonist)
    Chaahat (didn't see parents for him)
    Koyla (both parents were killed at the beginning, very significant)
    Pardes (his position in the household was affected by lack of parents)
    Dil To Pagal hai (no parents, but didn't have relevancy to storyline)
    Josh (no parents - took care of sister - did have impact on protagonist)
    Hum Tumhare Hain (only had sister living with him)
    Chalte Chalte (wife had relatives, don't remember protagonist having family)
    Veer-Zaara (raised by Aunt and Uncle)
    Swades (parents had died before storyline in film begins)
    Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (no parents, but was irrelevant to story)
    Billu? (I'll have to re-listen to his speech at the end, to be sure)

No Dad
    Karan Arjun
    Trimurti (protagonist didn't know his mom was alive until end of film - so this almost could count as "no parents")
    Duplicate
    Kuch Kuch Hota hai
    Baadshah
    Asoka (mom dies midway through film)
    Kal Ho Naa Ho
    Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
    Chak De! India
    Om Shanti Om
    My Name Is Khan (his mom died early on, but did play a significant role in his upbringing)

No Mom
    Deewana (he later cuts off his relationship with his dad, so it is like he has no parents)
    Darr (he "spoke" to his mom on the phone, even though she was dead)
    Zamaana Deewana (I only remember seeing a dad for this one)
    Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
    Main Hoon Na (his dad dies early on in this film, so it could count as "no parents", but he did get to be raised by his father, so he did get to have his father with him for a long time)

Devdas is an interesting film, as far as parents go. His father never showed kindness or love to his son, then later died. His mother had some loving feelings towards him, but rejected him later.

rubyroo says thanks.
  19. rubyroo

Makes for much more drama!

In Dil Se when the terrorists are trying to catch Amar, he is seen standing with his back to a window frame. His enemy reaches through the frame and grabs him from behind. Amar lunges forward and pulls the guy right through the window, destroying the frame. Same thing happens in the beginning of Main Hoon Na, except the window has glass so Raghavan crashes his hands through the glass, grabs Ram and then Ram lunges forward and pulls Raghavan through the window just like in Dil Se.

Jasmine says thanks.
  20. rubyroo

Many of his movies have one or more train scene (RNBDJ, DDLJ, Main Hoon Na, Dil SE, KANK, Ra.One, Veer Zaara, Mohabbatein)
    Several have a church scene usually with lighted candles as a main feature. (DDLJ, RNBDJ, Main Hoon Na, Josh, KANK, MNIK)

Jasmine says thanks.
  21. rubyroo

In Om Shanti Om it seemed like it happened to Om twice. Om Prakash Makhija had no father. And then Om Kapoor apparently lost his mum, Lovely Kapoor, as she was never shown again after his birth scene. If she was till alive, it would have been awkward when he acknowledged his mom from his previous life, Bela Makhija.

Jasmine says thanks.