1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Martin Scorsese makes it happen

Discussion in 'Xtreme City' started by chandu28, Mar 1, 2011.

1. chandu28

chandu28 Well-Known Member

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainmen...tin-Scorsese-Hollywood-project-Xtrme-City.htm

Hollywood director to co-produce Xtrme City with Shah Rukh Khan
    Shah Rukh Khan's Indo-Hollywood project Xtrme City just got bigger! Martin Scorcese is coming on board the film and most of the credit for that goes to SRK's friend and Ra.One screenwriter Mushtaq Shiekh.

[​IMG]
    Shah Rukh Khan, Martin Scorsese, Leonardo Di Caprio, Paul Schrader and Mushtaq Shiekh

Scorsese will co-produce along with David Weisman. Paul Schrader will direct and is also co-writing the film with Mushtaq. Leonardo Di Caprio will star in the film along with SRK.

Says a source connected to the film, "Mushtaq and Paul have been working on the script for a year now. The two, along with SRK and Paul met in Berlin last year at a meeting coordinated by Shiekh."

Apparently Scorsese has proposed making the film as a fully equal co-production between SRK's company Red Chillies in India and Scorsese's company Sikelia Productions in Hollywood, whereby all creative decisions would be shared equally between SRK and Martin.

"A meeting will happen soon to decide how the Bollywood-Hollywood dream can become reality."

Shiekh confirms, "It's true. We are all elated. This is the best news I have heard in a long time. Martin loved the script and it meant the world to me as the writer of the film along with Paul Schrader.

But when he comes in as the producer of the project, then I am thrilled as it takes the film to another level completely. Inshaallah, all goes well from here onwards. Fingers and all parts of the body crossed."

The source adds that a year ago, Xtrme City looked like it might remain a pipe dream.

"The sheer logistics of merging two great film-making cultures seemed overwhelming, until a secret meeting took place on February 12 at last year's Berlin Film Festival between SRK, Leo, Martin, David, Paul and Karan Johar when Shah Rukh was in Berlin for the world premiere of My Name Is Khan and the H-Town actor-director duo were there for the premiere of their Shutter Island premiere the following night."

Last minute arrangements were promptly made and hours before the MNIK screening. Khan hosted a secret encounter in his Regent Hotel suite.

"The meet-and-greet over coffee was simply intended to break the ice between the international artists who admired and respected each other's work. It quickly turned into a high-energy encounter.

Topics of discussion included Scorsese's love for Bollywood cinema and the need for the preservation of its classic works."

The Xtrme City screenplay was officially presented to SRK, Martin and DiCaprio. "Apparently, the camaraderie evolved from that event. The bonding between the superstars took everyone by surprise."

Friends, I hope the news is true.........................................it would be awesome to see SRK & Di Caprio in the same frame.

Wafa, Number8, nika and 2 others thanked this.
  2. adzli

adzli Active Member

yeah i would be awesome but when will the shooting begin?

3. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

This news has been going on for a year now. Lets see what happens! Time will tell the truth!

4. chandu28

chandu28 Well-Known Member

I agree with you Danshula...........................I think the news is true, otherwise Mushtaq Sheikh would have not so confidently open out on this hot news.

darina4srk says thanks.
  5. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

Y'know I'm happy about the project if everything goes according to plan but I just don't like the Paul guy. I recall reading something he said when asked about Shah rukh in an interview when he came to India ..Though for the life of me I can't remember what he said but I just know I wasn't happy with him at all. Let me see if I can find the quote or something.

6. danshula

I think its true to but only to an extent! oh well as i said time will tell.
    You are right! SRK recently said that they met at the launch of Mughal-e-Azam Documentry launch! and If I am not mistaken last year when Shah Rukh was in Berlin Film Festival - he tweeted also that they met and he tweeted that he will try to post a pic of them together but he never really got a chance to post a pic + he later --> much later he had tweeted about xtrme city tooo (that he is not doing it or so as a reply to someone's question in one of the Q/A sessions we used to have (ah i miss shah on twitter now!) but i really dunno when and which tweet was it! if i find it i will post it!

7. danshula

There we go! As I said TIME Will tell, here it is the confirmed by Mushtaq Sheikh on Twitter!! ShahRukh & Leonardo Dicaprio in "Xtreme City"
    His Tweet! --
    RT @shiekhspear Thank you so much for all the congratulatory messages folks!!"@ashishraikar: @shiekhspear this is simply amazing.... http://bit.ly/e3FpL6"
    63125416.jpg 63125416.jpg (See it in New Tab to see it BIG!)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OMGGGG!! This is just AWESOME NEWSSSSSSS!!!! Would be really great to see these two act together!!!!

Wafa, Number8 and nika thank this.
  8. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

yeah but the director is anubhav isnt it? and he said in his interview its not finalised yet..
    i wish this happens! more films for SRK please!!

9. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Yep, I wasn't happy with him either...oh well, he better fix his attitude in front of Shah Rukh if this really really happens!
    Otherwise, he's...[​IMG]

10. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

yaar can you remember what he said because I don't (all I remember is not liking him) or can you post a link or something. soory yaar I'v got really bad memory

11. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

SRK teams up with Leonardo Di Caprio?
    TNN, Mar 2, 2011, 08.15pm IST

If everything works out well, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan will soon work with Hollywood heartthrob Leonardo Di Caprio in a film which will be co-produced by the legendary Martin Scorsese.

Renowned writer of Robert De Niro's 1976 hit 'Taxi Driver', Paul Schrader will direct the film. Paul has co-written the film with Shah Rukh's friend and Ra.One, Om Shanti Om screenwriter Mushtaq Shiekh.

It all happened at the Berlin film festival, last year where Shah Rukh had gone for My Name is Khan while Leo and Martin to promote their film Shutter Island.

The film is apparently a crime-thriller which will be shot mainly in Mumbai, India, since the story will revolve around the criminal underbelly of Mumbai.

The film is called 'Xtrme City'.
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...th-Leonardo-Di-Caprio/articleshow/7611974.cms

Marion Jacob, Wafa and nika thank this.
  12. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Rayhana says thanks.
  13. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

This is definitely a film I am looking forward to[​IMG]

Number8 says thanks.
  14. nika

nika Well-Known Member

OMG OMG...
    I'm totally excited!!! Thanks a lot guys
    Hope it goes on the floors very soon
    I love bollywood but really want western world to recognise him as well!

15. sid

sid SRK Fanatic

i think @shiekpear also said that if the Mid day is true then >it is Simply amazing .I think he also said in a surprising way .I think the news is not confirm .

16. danshula

Its confirmed dear, how can mushtaq not know about this when he is one of the screenplay writers of the film itseld and he thanked everyone for the congratulations message coming to him after the news (read the whole tweet please)
    and the thing you quoted from my post is Ashish Raikar's tweet which he (mushtaq RTed) and replied - thanked as a response. as ashish said its simply amazing! There was not much space as on twitter you can only write 140 characters so Mushtaq didn't type RT in front of Ashish's tweet instead he used quotation marks. Hope I was able to make you understand. :)

17. cmreeves

cmreeves Well-Known Member

The "confirmation" you speak of was so vague that it still leaves questions. Mushtaq may very well be part of this project, but he didn't confirm that SRK is or is not.

18. danshula

True! I guess we will know of it soon as time will tell. Dunno why but his thanking for the news indicates to me that its happening! Now, its left to know if Shahrukh is a part of it or not. But i think that the news he RTed and had shahrukh's pic and everything and quotes, etc. If SRK wasnt a part of it, he must have said it cuz usually Mushtaq says it about others rumours, etc. Oh well, now it can only be confirmed until shahrukh himself confirms the news in media.
    Everyone is open to their opinion, so i guess we need to wait until we all can say that YES its happening without a doubt.

19. Pedi

Pedi Well-Known Member

OFFICIAL NEWS: ShahRukh to work with Leonardo DiCaprio

Shahrukh Khan’s dream project of debuting in Hollywood is almost over as his good friend Mushtaq Sheikh is done with the script.Acclaimed director Martin Scorsese of films such as Taxi driver, Raging Bull etc is gearing up to co-produce the film under his Sikelia Productions along with SRK’s Red Chillies Entertainment. David Weisman is also slated to be a partner of the film.
    The film is titled as Xtreme City and King Khan would feature alongside Titanic star Leonardo Di Caprio in the lead. Xtreme City talks started when SRK along with Karan Johar met Martin Scorsese in February last year at the Berlin Film Festival for the premier of their film “My Name Is Khan”.
    It took almost a year for Mushtaq to pen down the script along with Paul Schrader, who would also be taking the mantle to direct the film. Mushtaq as of now is on cloud nine as he never thought that this project would go on about a year back.
    It seems that SRK is leaving no stones turn around for his Hollywood debut.
    http://www.mahiram.com/2011/03/02/official-news-shahrukh-to-work-with-leonardo-dicaprio/

Wafa, Number8 and nika thank this.
  20. Pedi

Pedi Well-Known Member

Shahrukh likes Saif's girl

[​IMG]
    Yeah, this hot news is being circulated in the industry now….
    According to sources, Badshah of B-town Shahrukh Khan and Hollywood handsome star Leonardo Di Caprio will do a movie together. Titled 'Xtrme City', the film is said to be crime-thriller and the story will deal with the criminal underbelly of Mumbai.
    The project will be directed by Paul Schrader, the noted writer of Robert De Niro's 1976 hit 'Taxi Driver' and it will be co-produced by the legendary Martin Scorsese.
    The script has been co-written by Paul along with Mushtaq Shiekh, the screenwriter who did ‘Om Shanti Om’ and ‘Ra.One’ and a good friend of Shahrukh. The movie will be mostly shot in Mumbai, to match the story. Sources had it that the idea for such a deal was born last year when SRK had been in Berlin to promote his ‘My Name Is Khan’ while Leo and Martin came for their film ‘Shutter Island’. Mushtaq and Paul have been working on the script for a year now.
    'Xtrme City' will be produced under SRK’s Red Chillies and Scorsese’s banner Sikelia Productions. We really hope for the best and the project gets finalised as planned….

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/64484.html