1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Many have wondered if.......................

Discussion in 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' started by Santosh, May 13, 2006.

1. Santosh

Santosh New Member

Most of us know Shah Rukh/Gauri love story. Shah Rukh never gave up and in the end he won.

Shah Rukh wrote an article 6 years ago and he describes Raj's character in DDLJ. Adi Chopra's ideas were well-defined. He wanted Raj to have the vivacity of a teenager, the charm of a Casanova and the maturity of an adult. Raj was like me, Westernised facade but respected Indian values Raj believed in himself and was determined to marry the woman he loved against all odds.

Many have wondered if DDLJ was a whole lot like his own love life. This may have been discussed before but I have not had time to read all the posts. Let me know, I shall delete it, otherwise would love to have yourcomments.

2. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

Yes dhartee, I have often wondered about this myself. I am sure I read somewhere once that he said he could identify with the Raj character because it was a lot like his life story, the opposition of the parents, then trying to win them over with his charm, etc. Having read what he said about his meeting with Gaurie and the years that followed before they finally got married, then I can see a lot of similarities.

3. roui

roui New Member

yes i think so itz a srk love story becoz he never gave up and won

4. Alana

Alana New Member

Untill now this thought didn't come into my mind and I think I'm not going to think about it. Movie is movie and privatlife is privatlife.

If this would be true, and there was the same thing with KANK remember, that would mean that the scriptwriters wrote down Shahrukh's story and this I can't imagine and I think they can't do it when Shahrukh doesn't want it. And as I just read read in an otehr thread that Shahruh didn't want to do the movie, it unrealistic that the story is his own.....