1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Lungi Dance song by Honey Singh

Discussion in 'Chennai Express Music' started by Karan#1, Jul 18, 2013.

1. shahnur1990

shahnur1990 Well-Known Member

Honey Singh's Lungi dance not part of SRK, Deepika's Chennai Express

PTI : Mumbai, Sun Jul 21 2013, 12:35 hrs

Superstar Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone have come together for a special song that pays tribute to Tamil cinema icon Rajnikanth.

Titled 'Thalaivar Tribute' (Lungi Dance), the song is sung and composed by rapper Honey Singh and is not a part of Shah Rukh starrer Chennai Express, which will hit theatres on August 9.

Shah Rukh, 47, who is busy with his upcoming film Chennai Express, said he could not say no to the song because he is a huge fan of the "global cultural icon Rajnikanth".

"Who isn't a fan of 'The Rajnikanth'? I had met Honey Singh and Bhushan Kumar five days back and he made me hear the song, which is titled Thalaivar Tribute (Lungi Dance).
    "I found it very apt for Rajni sir and wanted to be a part of it as a fan of one of the greatest actors we have. Deepika, on my request, happily agreed to be a part of the song because even she is a huge fan of Rajni sir. The song is fun, happy and completely Rajnikanth Style!," Shah Rukh said.

The song is being choreographed by National Award-winning choreographer Chinni Prakash and will release soon.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/s...s-special-tribute-song-to-rajnikanth/1144637/

Krisi_love_SRK and Rayhana thank this.
  2. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Rayhana says thanks.
  3. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

So is this guy at the top of his game and successful already or is he using this whole rajni tribute with king khan as a publicity gimmick, I mean they are two huge name's...sorry but just never heard of him before and just comes across a little random....

4. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

He's a famous rapper and singer in india (possibly india's no.1 rapper) and given many chartbuster songs (in punjabi and for some big bollywood films like cocktail, race 2, son of sardaar, khiladi 786). His facebook page has 5.5 million likes.

5. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

Theme song is not exactly mine, but SRK ................... sheer madness and murder!!!!!!!:flame::jaw:

Krisi_love_SRK says thanks.
  6. Krisi_love_SRK

Krisi_love_SRK Well-Known Member

Song I don't like so much,but video clip for song is awesome...Shahrukh and Deepika are great...what energy have Shahrukh just amazing :)

7. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

This song hasn't got a great reception on twitter/facebook/youtube etc., was checking out some of the comments....its good that it isn't part of CE!

Main points:

1) Very few people are impressed with the 'South' influence in the song, they feel it is taking the piss rather than a tribute! It appears that Tamil/South people are quite touchy about their culture, i just hope CE does not mock tamil people (we saw what happened in Ra. One where SRKs character wasn't well received by tamil/south people!)

2) Yo yo honey singh doesn't appear to be a very popular character atm due to the nature/subject of his songs which degrade women etc. (doesn't go well with SRKs pro-women stance)

Rayhana says thanks.
  8. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

True, some south indians are taking it the wrong way and it isn't the most accurate of tributes to rajnikanth. Though ground reality is it's a chartbuster and increased the buzz of CE (not that it was necessary in that regards considering the film itself n promotions going on).

9. SharlaJ

SharlaJ Well-Known Member

Yo Yo's Lungi Dance tops the dance number poll of 2013
    Jul 29 2014 : The Times of India (Mumbai)
    Priya.Gupta@timesgroup.com and Garima.Sharma@timesgroup.com

Starting this year, we have introduced the `Best Dance Number' category, to rate the best songs that you can groove to all night long in a club.
    These are foot-tapping, energy-loaded numbers that have occupied the top place in every DJ's must-play list in 2013.
    After considering the votes we received on itimes.com/polls and our vote, here's our list of the best dance numbers of 2013.
    Tune in to to catch `The Times Hotlist 2013' show featuring the Best Kissing Scenes and the Best Lovemaking Scenes of 2013, today at 11 pm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/...gi-Dance-tops-the-dance-number-29072014102005

rollercoast says thanks.
  10. SharlaJ

SharlaJ Well-Known Member