1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Limited Release For My Name Is Khan In Mumbai

Discussion in 'My Name Is Khan' started by jg2k, Feb 11, 2010.

1. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Friday 12th February 2010 09.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

My Name Is Khan is set for a limited release in Mumbai with single screens not releasing the film at all due to security concerns while multiplexes will give it a limited release.

Multiplexes in Mumbai are likely to run the film on a few shows and see how things go through the day. Normally My Name Is Khan would be having a 18-20-22 shows at major multiplexes. The situation is being monitored by parties involved and things will change according to what is happening.

The public is on the side of Shahrukh Khan in the controversy and this could see people who did not intend to watch the film giving it a go just to show support to Shahrukh Khan.

Source: http://boxofficeindia.com/npages.php?page=shownews&articleid=1508&nCat=news

Hate what they write in the last para! Don't have to sound so harsh!

2. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Sigh. Well yes, it sounds clinical, but lets hope that means that the majority demand their right to see this film by going!

3. srkjuhi

srkjuhi Well-Known Member

Its a shame really. I have been watching news since morning and they have shown that people are indeed coming to the threatres but till now not a single show has aired so the ones who had booked in advance will get their money back. The thing is not just limited to Mumbai. Multiplexs in Ahemdabad have decided not to show MNIK because of protests by VHP...ugh!

I'm still hoping by the end of the day we get a lot of good news.

4. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

Spot boys, others bat for SRK

THIS BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES!!!!

While multiplexes have backed out of the battle with the Shiv Sena, 1.2 lakh cine workers have come out in support of Shah Rukh Khan.
    Twitter Facebook Share
    Email Print Save Comment

Dinesh Chaturvedi, general secretary of the Federation of Western India Cine Employees, said, "All our workers from all the 22 crafts including spot boys, lightmen and other technicians will go watch the film on the first day. We would like to tell the Sena that India is not in Maharashtra but the state is part of India. We would also like to tell them we are creative people with no political affiliation and they shouldn't target us."

Mahesh Bhatt who has been trying to mobilise the industry on the issue said, "It is heartwarming to see the Federation offer its support to SRK in this hour of crisis. The 'silent' majority of our fraternity, particularly exhibitors need to learn a lesson on courage from them. The real wars are fought within. As of now the Sena may have won the battle. But in the end it is SRK who will the war."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/Spot-boys-others-bat-for-SRK/articleshow/5562806.cms

5. jg2k

jg2k The.One

6. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

THERE ARE LONG LINES OF FANS IN FRONT OF MUMBAI PLEXES DEMANDING TICKETS!!

7. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Go Mumbai Go... Only people can fight the sickos...

8. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

i am proud of mumbaikers..i have seen people from all gae groups turn up in support of MNIK!

9. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

But are they being turned away becasue the theatres won't take the chance?

I've just go onto twitter and MNIK is the first topic showing!
    Sh.t! This is unbelieveable! According to tweets there are confrontations all around the country!

But this film is about love and acceptance! Its crazy!

10. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

the bookings for the 12 noon show opens in MUMBAI!! JAAAAAII HOOOO..i am proud of mumbai fans!!

11. srkjuhi

srkjuhi Well-Known Member

^Thank god!

I have reached a point where I'm scared of watching the news. I'll just end up getting more angry if I see more negativity.

12. lybeckham

lybeckham SRK- my HERO

i am in tears now. how can people afraid of that SSS? why? is SSS men jobless? :rant:

so disappoint, i wish i were in mumbai and i wanna support SRK.
    i wish later they will open MNIK.:frusty:

guys i know this thread is not for mnik review, but i really wanna know reviews of mnik. i read a ll mnik reveiws by google, some said mnik is not too good . :mad:
    i want ALL, EVERYBODY ACCEPT MNIK AS THE GREATEST !!:(

13. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Ok, looks like several theatres are set to go at noon - 10 minutes from now - to full houses! Keep your fingers crossed everyone!!!! :pray:

14. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

all FUN CINEMAS to screen MNIK now!!!!
    BOLLYWOOD CELEBS LIKE AYAN MUKHERJEE, POOJA BEDI, KABIR BEDI..ARRIVE TO SEE MNIK..EVEN MUMBAI HOMES MINISTER R R PATIL COME TO WATCH MNIK..THE LIMITED SHOWS ARE ALL HOUSEFULL!!!!!!!!
    YAAAAAAYYY :dance:

15. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

taran_adarsh

@iamsrk @kjohar25 @AalifSurti 'MNIK' opens huge. The morning and noon shows are extra-ordinary. At places, better than '3 Idiots'. Wow! 23 minutes ago from Power Twitter Retweeted by AalifSurti and 28 others

16. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

Thank You Mumbai!!!!

demand more and more screenings of MNIK!

17. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

MNIK SCREENING BEGINS ACROS MUMBAI..ALL PLEXES TO SHOW IT NOW!!! I JUST CANT BELIEVE IT..ITS NOTHING SHORT OF A REVOLUTION!

18. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

really? why is it does it keep changing?
    showing, not shwing, showing, not showing :noidea:

please just show it!!!!
    the earliest i managed to get tickets were for 1.40pm
    the others were full! DAMN! :doh: but good :D

19. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

shublee...all cinemas are showing mnik as of now since the fans had turned out in large numbers!! HUGE HUGE demand..celebs and even mumbai home minister came to see the movie. as of now everything is fine..but u never know..but im hopeful that nothing more is going to happen since the common man has shown courage!

20. pleasant

pleasant Active Member

Thanks for this news SIM. I am glad the common man has shown courage. We all will pray for their safety and hope they all will enjoy the movie.