1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

KBC3 to end on April 19th and SRK definitely hosting KBC4 next year

Discussion in 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' started by srkandrea, Mar 14, 2007.

1. srkandrea

srkandrea srkandrea

KBC3 to end on April 19th and SRK definitely hosting KBC4 next year

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KBC3 to end on April 19th and SRK definitely hosting KBC 4 next year

MUMBAI: With KBC more than half way into its third season, the latest Tam data does suggest a gradual down hill trend with week six (26 Feb - 1 March) clocking an average TVR of 7.6.

Although, the hype generated at launch propelled the show to an average TVR of 9.84 in its opening week (six week average 8.42 TVR), the network and it's advertisers do not seem to be very perturbed by the current sliding situation.

Even though the numbers are slipping, what's left to determine is whether the big 'moolah' pumped into the show is paying off?

Star India president advertising sales and distribution Paritosh Josh claims to be satisfied with deliveries of the show, saying that from a pragmatic standpoint and from an advertiser's perspective, what matters is the number of people watching the show. "While we worry about TVRs, the marketers will measure the impact of their brand on other variables like brand recall. If we were not giving the advertiser his bang for the buck we would not have such support."

"In terms of audience deliveries, the show has consistently been rated among the top 10 shows (HSM) throughout its duration. We have thus cornered a substantial TV audience that resort to appointment viewing."

Apart from the extensive PR support generated from national media, "Surprisingly the level of interest from local media like from Jharkhand, Assam, Andhra Pradesh and Kashmir have surpassed our expectations. On a more global scale, the show has also been featured on Youtube."

However, Joshi laments to the fact that there is room for better deliveries, which was largely obstructed by the sudden onslaught of a changed ratings system in January. He adds, "We could have done much better, but there is a reality we have to deal with. In the absence of which we may have continued delivering ratings in the region of 10 and 11."

"It is not logical to define an audience by C&S 4+ as viewership is far more segmented."

Expanded Tam metrics is just one issue. What also emerges as a big question for the network is whether this big ticket show is geared to withstand the heat of 'cricket'?
    Joshi adds, "Currently, there is no significant evidence of money rapidly shifting towards cricket. We expected an impact on our inventory, however for the rest of the month our bookings look healthy. But three weeks from now there will be a big impact, however we have factored that into our budgeting for the year."

Fact is though, that even in the excitement of KBC's opening week, the game show was bowled out by the India Vs West Indies ODI match, so will the coming weeks have Star biting their nails hoping that the housewife is empowered enough to command a mid-match break to watch KBC?

Among the key sponsors for the show, telecom partners Airtel have definitely left no leeway and have also invested in spot buys to gain maximum weightage from cricket. "A fall in ratings is expected, we also saw a similar drop during the Tri-series held earlier. But all of this has been factored in therefore, we have extended our presence and visibility to the World Cup, KBC will play a support at this time," says an Airtel spokesperson.

Another big investor in KBC, Pantaloon Retail head corporate communication Atul Takle opines, "We suspect that there will a drop, but at the same time the lady of the house is likely to request for an hour's break to tune into KBC. On the days that India is playing, the drop will also largely depend on whether India opens the batting or not."

But Star has maneuvered itself well around cricket to close the season of KBC on the 19 April, just days before the semi finals which kick off on 24 April. Interestingly the days India is playing has conveniently been positioned on weekends, so apart from the four week days (19 March, 2, 11 and 19 April) that coincide with KBC, the show is likely to escape being smothered with a 'full toss' from cricket.

Lodestar CEO Shashi Sinha asserts that KBC is the biggest show on television at the moment and although problems will creep in with the onset of cricket, the initial India matches may not pose a major threat. But from a larger perspective one off peaks and falls are insignificant."

For Lodestar which initiated the product integration for client Metlife with the clock timer branding, Sinha opines that in the larger scheme of things, ratings do not matter as long as the product integrated in remembered, which is what counts.

As opposed to expectation, no one seems to be fretting over ratings drops or cricket fever! Motorola India director - marketing Lloyd Mathias says that they have been reasonably satisfied with delivery of the show and have derived several positive associations from the initial hype and leading upto its current position.

In fact Pantaloons' Takle says that following the television spots for its shopping portal Future Bazaar on KBC, they have witnessed incremental peaks of business on the site from Rs 40,000 - 50,000 to presently crossing Rs 500,000.

As for Star, spirits are high and despite all media-generated comparisons with the Big B (a point to mention - it benefited the show), Joshi adds, "We feel completely validated with our choice of talent."

Given that King Khan has been roped in for two seasons of the show and Star has signed up with Celador to hold the contract for the format for five years, he concludes, "You will definitely see Shah Rukh next season. That should kick off about the same time next year."

indiantelevision.com

2. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

thank you andrea. we will miss him till the next season but at least we can watch this season's episode again and again.

3. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

... exactly.... :thumb: ;) :D :D

4. chatranisrk

chatranisrk Well-Known Member

Yessss!! I've kept all thoses episodes for not missing him too much too!!! ;) ;)

I hope I'll improve my Hindi and so, next year, I could watch the show without translations... Yeah, right!! :p

Thanks for the article, interesting but too many ratings! The show is working it's obvious so what's the need???

5. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

im gonna miss him...but won think abt it nw

6. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

i cant believe the season is almost over... yes we will all miss him until the next season, but he must stay for more than two...unless kbc doesnt want to run anymore...you cant get a better host than him!

7. Kalsoom_24

Kalsoom_24 New Member

SRK will be back after a break

Varsha Pillai
    CNN-IBN
    Posted Wednesday, March 28, 2007 at 10:30
    Updated Wednesday, March 28, 2007 at 10:33

Mumbai: The flurry of questions will stop at least for now as the sometimes controversial season one of Kaun Banega Crorepati with King Khan as host goes on a break.

After giving massages to tense contestants to expensive Tag Hauer watches to those losing on the hot seat to cars to all, the magnamous Shah Rukh Khan will miss playing dost (friend) to the contestants and mouthing those one-liners.

"I will miss saying kachha-pakka (sure or not). I will miss saying 'let's play Kaun Banega Crorepati'," says he.

The show has also been SRK's window to some reality - at least that's what he claims.

"Because of the show, I met so many people. I got in touch with reality and because of that my acting will become better," says King Khan.

SRK's duties as KBC host invited contant comparisons to previous host Amitabh Bachchan and the TRPs of the show fell dramatically. Despite this, the host dost will be back for the second season of KBC soon - or at least that's what he is hoping for.

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/srk-will-be-back-after-a-break/37141-8.html

8. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

KBC: SRK will be back after a break (with video)

Mumbai: The flurry of questions will stop at least for now as the sometimes controversial season one of Kaun Banega Crorepati with King Khan as host goes on a break.

After giving massages to tense contestants to expensive Tag Hauer watches to those losing on the hot seat to cars to all, the magnamous Shah Rukh Khan will miss playing dost (friend) to the contestants and mouthing those one-liners.

"I will miss saying kachha-pakka (sure or not). I will miss saying 'let's play Kaun Banega Crorepati'," says he.

The show has also been SRK's window to some reality - at least that's what he claims.

"Because of the show, I met so many people. I got in touch with reality and because of that my acting will become better," says King Khan.

SRK's duties as KBC host invited contant comparisons to previous host Amitabh Bachchan and the TRPs of the show fell dramatically. Despite this, the host dost will be back for the second season of KBC soon - or at least that's what he is hoping for.
    video: http://www.ibnlive.com/news/showbiz/03_2007/srk-will-be-back-after-a-break-37141.html

9. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

KBC season one ends

Aneesha Baig

Wednesday, March 28, 2007: (Mumbai):

It's the end of Shah Rukh Khan's first season as the host of Kaun Banega Crorepati, a position he took over from the Big B.

After 52 episodes SRK looks back at how doing the show has been a defining moment for him. Shahrukh says it has been quite an emotional ride for him.

"I'm feeling very bad. I'm going to miss coming to the sets, I'm going to miss the whole team," said Khan.

He might be Bollywood's biggest superstar but he proved that he could be humble as well, which is all credit for the success of the show. Khan says he goes to meet people behind the scenes.

So, with season two still to come the crore rupee question is what new gimmicks is King Khan likely to serve up.

http://www.ndtvmovies.com/newstory.asp?section=Movies&id=6185

10. jumana

jumana New Member

Re: KBC: SRK will be back after a break (with video)

awesome video

11. szarusio

szarusio New Member

i will miss him on my comp para mon - thurs ;(

12. Kalsoom_24

Kalsoom_24 New Member

KBC BID ADIEU

Hold your breath Star TV’s most successful show Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC) will be soon off the screen, Reason? Well Shah Rukh Khan's contract for the 40 episodes ends on this Wednesday i.e., 28th March 2007 but viewers don't loose heart as King Khan has signed a contract with Star TV till 2008, hence KBC will be back by the end of the year or perhaps by the early 2008.

Shah Rukh looked quite contended at the end of the last episode. He said, "Till now I had only interacted with the elite people but KBC gave me the opportunity to be among the middle class of India and the episode also taught me a lesson that all are not my fans there are few who even dislike me, like the strict school teacher who was so stern that after quitting she did not had a hug with me as was the usual custom. Nevertheless I respected her decision."

SRK was so found of the contestant that after the show many contestants even
    had business plans! Confirming the news Shah Rukh says, "Yeah its true many contestants came so close to me that they even kept a chunk of the winning amount to have business with me and have been contacting my secretary for the same. Many have e-mailed me their proposals but I have no time to go through them yet. Nevertheless I will seriously look in to these proposals".

http://b4utv.com/showtime/newsbreak/070328kbc.shtml