1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Kaun Banega Crorepati is up for sale

Discussion in 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' started by Bridget, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Kaun Banega Crorepati is up for sale

Friday - Feb 06, 2009
    Televisionpoint.com Correspondent | Mumbai

Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC), one of India's most popular quiz shows, is up for sale. The programme currently has no takers after Star Plus auctioned out the rights of the show very recently.

Some media reports suggested that Multi Screen Media, formerly Sony Entertainment Television, has bought the rights to the game show format Who Wants to be a Millionaire? for an undisclosed sum from Sony Pictures Television, the Japanese company that now owns the rights.

However, Kunal Dasgupta, chief executive officer, MSM India, denied the development and said "we have not bought the rights of the show as of now."

Sidharth Basu, producer of earlier KBC shows, says, "The show is available for any broadcaster who wants it. As for Sony TV, I don't know if it is under consideration by them. From whatever I know, Star has auctioned out the rights. So the show is available to anyone who wants the rights."

Last year, Sony International bought over 2Way-Traffic, which owns the rights of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. Though KBC turned around the fortunes of Star India and pushed it to the number-one position when it first launched with Amitabh Bachchan in 2000, its popularity during the third season (2007) with Shah Rukh Khan diminished, marginally.

In a related development, MSM India has bagged the satellite rights to the English and Hindi versions of Slumdog Millionaire from Fox Star Studios India.

http://www.televisionpoint.com/news2009/newsfullstory.php?id=1233921513

2. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Rights.... money.... :lalala:

3. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

exactly! wake us up when Shahrukh's hosting :D

4. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

:D :thumb: :thumb:

5. tanyak

tanyak Lighting up UR Life

:pound: Too good Dea.

6. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

the old ladies probably got upset that their stupid saas-bahu serials were not on when KBC was so they sold it
    whatever..can't wait for srk to be back hosting! :cheer2:

7. Number8

Number8 Well-Known Member

- Amitabh Bachchan to host KBC 4 on Sony -

By: Bollywood Mantra Staff on 12th June 2010

Amitabh Bachchan is back. He is signed to play the host of the most popular quiz show, ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ season 4. Earlier aired by Siddharth Basu’s Synergy on Star Plus will now be aired by Sony entertainment channel.

According to the show’s actual quizmaster, Siddharth Basu: “Star relinquished the KBC license some time back. And yes, the show is with Sony now. All the questions regarding the show and the host will have to be addressed to them since they are the broadcasters now. Of course, my company, Big Synergy, looks forward to producing it for them.”

Shahrukh Khan was also on the card but finally the decision went in favor of Amitabh. KBC was Big B’s first appearance on Indian television. It was one of the most popular show on Indian television but went off air due to some unknown reasons. Now that it is back again, TV-goers will be entertained as well as informative.

Sony is yet to make the official announcement. Hopefully, the show will go on air by the end of this year.

Source: http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/news/amitabh-bachchan-to-host-kbc-4-on-sony/5933/

8. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Well, no need to watch it then... :rolleyes:

9. Janine

Janine Active Member

AW: Re: Kaun Banega Crorepati is up for sale

Yes, absolutly no need then.
    Why they dont want Shah Rukh. He was way better as Big B. Without Shah Rukh it is uninteresting.

10. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

i dont think shah has time for kbc now :( with the movies, ads, kkr taking up so much time.. he spends rest of all his time w/the kids! :love:::love:

11. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

This are bad news.:hurt:
    I don`t watch the show with AB

12. RIA

RIA Ms

Not interested either...........only will watch if SRK host as he is the best!

13. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

same here :drama:
    i only watched series 3 anyway :p

& of course when SRK was on kbc 2 on 31st dec 2000 :faint:
    best late gift ever :lol:

14. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

unless you have a rude guest at home and want to get rid of him/her :p

15. Anjali72

Anjali72 Thanx Shah Rukh!!!

Thanks for the info...no interest in watching it without Shah Rukh although I like Big B as an actor very much!

16. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Hehe, my sister told me that others are saying the same thing, they are not interested in watching it unless Shah Rukh would host it. Same goes for me, I was never really fond of the show until Shah Rukh hosted it. His style of hosting is very fun and AB's hosting style is kind of formal, not fun.

17. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

confirmed: amitabh is hosting kbc4. they had the press conf yesterday.

18. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Bachchan courts controversy with KBC4
    Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan are not too happy with Big B's return as the show's host.
    By

* Bindu Suresh Rai

Published Thursday, July 08, 2010
    Emirates Business

Amitabh Bachchan will host KBC4 on Sony instead of Star TV. (EB FILE)

A day after Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan confirmed he will be hosting the fourth season of the hit television show, Kaun Banega Crorepati? (Who Wants to be a Millionaire?), controversy has already reared its ugly head.

Sources say the news has not gone down well with Indian film actors Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan for two very different reasons.

This time around, KBC4 is moving away from its regular Star TV platform and will be showcased on archrival, Sony Entertainment Television instead. While the latter is reaping in the publicity for this network coup, news has also filtered out that Sony is placing its other popular reality TV game show, Dus Ka Dum (Power of 10), on the backburner to focus solely on KBC4.

Media reports have indicated that DKD host Salman Khan is none too pleased about this development considering flagging Sony’s ratings shot through the roof after the show was aired in 2008, prompting a second season soon after.

However, Indian newspaper Times of India reports the delayed launch date is not because KBC4 is stealing DKD’s thunder, but rather is being used as a bargaining chip by Khan himself to promote his younger brother Sohail Khan’s shows on telly.

Actor/director/producer Sohail has two television shows in the bank that Salman wants Sony to pick up for his loyalty to the network over the years. One of them, titled Raste Ka Zero Ban Gaya (The Loser on the Road), is rumoured to feature Salman in a cameo.

If the deal goes through, then DKD is expected to air on Sony in October, in time for the Indian festival of Diwali, right around the period KBC4 is expected to hit the airwaves. The only difference would be that KBC4 would be aired on weekdays, while DKD would be shown on weekends.

Meanwhile, while this drama has been unfolding in the corporate offices of Sony, actor Shah Rukh Khan is also reportedly miffed considering show producers did not sign him on for another season after he hosted KBC3.

Fans who took to Bachchan’s blog last night, bigb.bigadda.com, have also made clear their relief that Shah Rukh would not be returning as host, with one such person being Anu from London who commented: “Oh, I simply cannot express when KBC re-returned after your episodes had ended, and SRK [Shah Rukh Khan] had taken over the show as host. … I still kept believing that you were going to take presence in that high chair, and dear SRK was just a special appearance, unfortunately for me that appearance seemed less special…”

Shah Rukh is currently away from the media glare in South Africa to catch the last few Fifa World Cup Football matches. But a soundbite or even a controversial tweet in the future over his KBC rejection would be unlikely from this media savvy actor.

So while the press waits with baited breath for this small-screen drama to unveil a new chapter in the coming weeks, Bachchan still emerges as the only person standing in the spotlight, 10 years after KBC was first aired in 2000.

http://www.business24-7.ae/the-busi...rts-controversy-with-kbc4-2010-07-08-1.264296

19. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

unless there are important news or updates on SRK in this matter there is no need to keep posting articles about AB hosting this show.

20. srkgauri

srkgauri Well-Known Member

Re : Kaun Banega Crorepati is up for sale

oh what a pity i so want shahrukh to host it but i hope big b will invite him like he did in kbc1