1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Katrina Kaif to sing for AR Rahman

Discussion in 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan - Music' started by phul, Aug 2, 2012.

1. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Katrina Kaif to sing for AR Rahman

By: Bollywood Mantra Staff on 02nd August 2012

Priyanka Chopra is not the only Bollywood actress who is trying her hands in singing but another actress to join the singing sensation is Bollywood diva Katrina Kaif. Katrina who is singing for ‘Yash Raj ‘Dhoom 3’ has bagged another singing opportunity. She will lend her voice for a song composed by Oscar winner AR Rahman for Yash Raj untitled film starring Shahrukh Khan and Anushka Sharma in the lead.
    During the shooting of ‘Mere Brother Ki Dulhan’, Pakistani singer Ali Zafar approached Kat to sing for his album but then the actress showed no interest. But later she agreed to lend her voice for one of the songs of ‘Dhoom 3’.
    A source informs, ”No half-measures for Katrina these days. She had earlier decided to sing for Yash Raj’s Dhoom 3 with about a week of rehearsals thrown in. But now, she has grown more ambitious and wants to try out a more complex singing challenge that the other film directed by Yash Chopra has thrown at her.”
    "Earlier, Kat had a persistent offer from Ali Zafar to sing with him for his private album. He was keen but she begged off. Then came the chance to sing in Dhoom 3, which she liked. But now, the prospect of singing a dreamy romantic song for a Yash Raj film, written by Gulzar and composed by A R Rahman has caught her fancy," Kat's friend was quoted as saying.

Katrina has her hands full with many promising projects. She is looking forward to her next release ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ and for the success of the movie, she offered her prayers at Dargah.
    http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/news/katrina-kaif-to-sing-for-ar-rahman/9475/

Jasmine, MaryAnnK, Wafa and 3 others thanked this.
  2. phul

Kat all set for her crooning debut

By Mail Today Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 22:11 GMT, 2 August 2012 | UPDATED: 22:11 GMT, 2 August 2012

Katrina Kaif is all set to debut as a singer in Yash Chopra's untitled directorial feature when it releases on Diwali this year.

The romantic drama, starring Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka Sharma along with Katrina, will see the superstar actress lend her voice to a song composed by A.R. Rahman and written by Gulzar.
    The song in question is a romantic number. While it marks Katrina's debut as a playback singer in Bollywood, this is not the first time the actress will hit the recording studio. She had earlier lent her voice for nursery rhymes that Rahman composed for a charity album.

'Katrina had enjoyed singing for Rahman in the album they did together last year, and the composer too was impressed by her passion for singing. That was when the idea of singing in a film struck Katrina. However, she was waiting for the ideal project,' a source in the film's unit said.
    The Yash Chopra film has generated ample hype because it marks the veteran filmmaker's return to direction after eight years (his last film was Veer-Zaara in 2004). Plus, the new movie will see SRK return as a romantic hero after a long time.

The fact that Slumdog Millionaire's Oscar-winning duo of Rahman and Gulzar are creating the music for the film also makes it the ideal project for Katrina to make her musical debut.
    The actress was earlier supposed to make her singing debut in another Yash Raj production, the Aamir Khan-starrer Dhoom 3. But Dhoom 3 will release next year and, in the meantime, Katrina's rival superstar Priyanka Chopra has announced her intention of singing in the upcoming remake of Zanjeer.

The buzz in the industry is that Katrina feels if Priyanka's song comes out first, it might steal the thunder from her own singing debut.
    'Priyanka's singing debut in Zanjeer must have played on Katrina's mind. Plus, she couldn't let go of the chance to sing a song composed by Rahman and written by Gulzar,' the source said.

The buzz about Katrina's singing has been doing the rounds for a while now. Last year, when her film Mere Brother Ki Dulhan released, it was reported that she had promised her co-star, Pakistani actor-singer Ali Zafar, that she would sing for his next album if the film became a hit.

Mere Brother Ki Dulhan did become a hit but Katrina's collaboration with Ali never happened. She did work in Rahman's charity album, but they were nursery rhymes and not fullfledged songs.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahom...Kat-set-crooning-debut.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Jasmine, Wafa, mumbiene and 2 others thanked this.
  3. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Hopefully she's good... Actually, hopefully she's a better singer than actor... Priyanka is really talented singer and if Kat doesn't want to be overshadowed by her, it's not a question of timing but of talent, and it won't be easy to beat Priyanka on talent... But if she will sing a song for an SRK film, I truly genuinly do hope she's talented...

BTW there is a subforum for the music of this film... ;)

Wafa says thanks.
  4. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

I wish this is only a rumour!:(

5. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

why?

I never knew Katrina could sing but I would be curious to hear/see her singing in the film. I think she's talented but needs a bit polishing. Kareena was in similar position when she first started and look at her now; a very good talented actress in her own right.

nika and MaryAnnK thank this.
  6. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

Yeah I really like Kareena's acting now :D Katrina... Hmmm... Not so sure... :p I thought she was ok in New York though.

7. gauri_fairy

gauri_fairy mahzabin

Rahman always tries out new stuff, specially with the voice of the singers. If he's making Katrina sing, then I believe there is a reliable reason behind it :D

8. Prerna Dewan

Prerna Dewan Well-Known Member

That's true! I'm sure Rahman is not one of those music directors who would pick someone only to create hype. He must have seen some latent talent in her :)

9. phul

Rahman denies teaming up with Katrina

IndiaGlitz [Saturday, August 04, 2012]

A R Rahman has refuted media reports which claimed that Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif will lend her voice for a romantic number composed by him in Yash Chopra's directorial venture which has Shah Rukh Khan in the lead.
    "No, Katrina is not singing," was the reaction from the Oscar-Grammy winner to the buzz. The movie in question has generated huge hype because it marks Yash Chopra's return to direction after eight years.
    Meanwhile, Rahman has completed recording songs for Superstar Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiyaan' and is currently busy with its background score.
    "Rahman has made use of rare instruments since Kochadaiyaan is a period flick with ample importance to music. The song crooned by the Superstar will be the highlight of the album," say sources.
    http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/84417.html

10. Prerna Dewan

Eh. All this buzz for nothing :ohwell:

11. phul

Obvoiusly :noidea: Media :rolleyes: Always new Rumors. How we should know there what is true and what not?

Prerna Dewan says thanks.
  12. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Man I hate the media sometimes! Why do they waste my time like this? Creating a rumour like this didn't add quality to my life. It was nothing but pure waste of my time! :mad:
    And when I talk about my time, I mean every media consumers time...

Prerna Dewan, Debbie and phul thank this.
  13. Alvida?

Alvida? Member

wait for the music album............:)

14. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

Yipee!:dance:I just had the feeling that the news about Katrina singing is too good to be true!:p

15. Prerna Dewan

I know right?! There's no credibility any more in what the media reports..it's very hard to take any media report at face value. And that's sad because they were supposed to our source of information! :ohwell:

16. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

A poor source indeed!