1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Kareena riding high

Discussion in 'Movies T-Z' started by Mazerq_j, May 22, 2006.

1. Mazerq_j

Mazerq_j Well-Known Member

I'm sorry the title doesn't sound "good" but kareena talked about her being with shah rukh, and will like to know your opinion about this...

THIS summer Kareena Kapoor will further stamp her presence in the Indian and international scenes with a heady schedule that comprises a Cannes date for her film Othello, another venture with superstar Shah Rukh Khan, and the release of the much-touted 36 China Town.

Speaking of Othello or Omkara, seldom has the 25-year-old actress been so charged up about a movie. “I have a gut feeling that Othello is going to take me to another level.”

Directed by Vishal Bhardwaj, Othello boasts a star-studded line-up that also features Saif Ali Khan, Bipasha Basu, Viveik Oberoi, Ajay Devgan, Konkona Sen Sharma and Ayesha Takia. Kareena is all excited about going to the 59th International Cannes Film Festival, currently being held in southern France, for a preview of the movie there.

The leading actress said recently: “I believe Ajay and Saif will come along. Kumar Mangat (the producer) is going so far as to put up an Othello booth at Cannes. I think it’ll be a great experience. People are already curious about Vishal’s Indian version of the Shakespearean play. And I’m sure they want to know what I’ve done with Desdemona.”

The only hitch ? “I’ll be in the middle of my world tour in May. Nevertheless, I’ll fly down to Cannes from wherever I am. I won’t miss this for the world.”

Of the many roles she’s portrayed, it is this that has tested her strength as an actor.

“Playing Desdemona in Othello has been my most challenging experience as an actress. There’re very few roles that have given as much satisfaction as in Refugee, Asoka, Chameli, Yuva and now, Othello.”

But there’s more to keep Kareena buzzing. The beautiful lady is going to star opposite her old Asoka, Shah Rukh Khan, in a Ram Gopal Varma production.

“I think our chemistry in Asoka worked. Now I’m sure Ram will do something special with the both of us in his film,” she enthused.

2. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

3. Michelle

Michelle THE BAADSHAH RULES!

yuck i dont like kareena n her interviews!sorry!:tape:

4. sheherezade

sheherezade New Member

I'm sorry but they have absolutely no chemistry. She just thinks they do because she fancies him!!!

5. Mazerq_j

she's a fake thing
    actually she's quite ok but seldom i found her ok LOL *confusion*

6. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Thanks Mazlina.:)

Yea, can't stand her.

7. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After 'Asoka', for the second time Kareena Kapoor is going to share screen space with Shah Rukh Khan in Farhan Akhtar's 'Don'. However in 'Don' Kareena will be seen only in one scene with Shah Rukh; it's too an item number, originally Amitabh Bachchan and Helen danced to the number. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Kareena is so upbeat about this raunchy number, choreographed by Farah Khan. "You know I have always been Shah Rukh's biggest fan. Even before I came into the industry I used to find him smashing. I think our chemistry in 'Asoka' was unmatchable. Now I am sure our pairing in 'Don' will also strike the chord."
    Kareena also has been signed up for Ram Gopal Varma's next 'Time Machine', which will have Shah Rukh opposite her.
    [/FONT]

8. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I like Kareena, I think she is a very good actress. yes she has attitude, but I love watching her on screen and I like her pairing with srk.

9. K

Hold it honey, you're talking to the Shahrukhies here.:cool::p

Thanks Wafa.:)

10. Shilpz

Shilpz Well-Known Member

Hahaha yea! She hasn't met us yet :cool:

11. K

Lol, yea! Humse panga mat lo ladki!:cool: (Don't mess with us girl!:p)

12. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

There is something I don't quite like about Kareena, and saying that their "chenistry" in Asoka was unmatchable:confused: I don't think so. Asoka is the only film I can honestly say I liked her in, still I don't like her attitude:(

13. I<3SRK

I<3SRK New Member

I really don't like her ... i don't think they had any chemistry in Asoka either. She can act well (sometimes) but i don't like her attitude ... just my opinion - thanx for sharing the articles!!

14. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

yeah like in k3g:D

15. KhushiDreamz

KhushiDreamz G.One Squad Member

:rolleyes: I like Kareena Kapoor I think She is PAGAl, but she is ok..Though sometimes she acts weird..but I think she is getting older and being more mature..the first time I saw her was in Asoka:D and I used to like her in that movie..though I didnt like her in K3G:cool: But she is nice..and the only scene where I saw some quemistry with SRK in Asoka..I dont know why..it was in "O Re Kanchi" when SRK was avoding her:D But on the other hand I like she...:baby:

16. Mazerq_j

i don't quite like her esp when she's "alone", but with shah rukh...he can bring the best out of her

17. Cristina4him

Cristina4him Inspector number 8

Kareena is ok, not my fav. If I were in her shoes I do the same and work it as much as I could. She is young and still has to learn a bit about being diplomatic in her interviews. Give her time:rolleyes: