1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Kareena Kapoor adds oomph to 'Billu Barber' with Marjaani

Discussion in 'Billu Music Reviews and News - Media' started by Bridget, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Kareena Kapoor adds oomph to 'Billu Barber' with Marjaani: Video
    Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2009 (EST)

Red Chillies Entertainment has released a trailer of Billu Barber's much awaited item song 'Marjaani, Marjaani Oye Khasmanu Khaye Marjaani' featuring Kareena Kapoor with Shah Rukh Khan.

Red Chillies Entertainment has released a trailer of Billu Barber's much awaited item song 'Marjaani, Marjaani Oye Khasmanu Khaye Marjaani' featuring Kareena Kapoor with Shah Rukh Khan. Photo Credit: Video Grab

January 15, 2009, (Sawf News) - Red Chillies Entertainment has released a trailer of Billu Barber's much awaited item song Marjaani, Marjaani Oye Khasmanu Khaye Marjaani featuring Kareena Kapoor with Shah Rukh Khan.

The rather low quality, 1m long trailer impresses with the song's beats, Kareena's jhatkas and vibrant colorful sets.

It is hard enough to understand why Bollywood makes such low quality films, even harder to understand why they promote them with such low quality trailers.

The promos of Billu Barber available on the web particularly have been of dismal quality and the film has a pervasive air of insipidness despite featuring Shah Rukh Khan and being his home production.

Kareena shows plenty of skin in a black cutaway midriff halter dress and a white dress with full-on slits on the legs with her long dark hair cascading down her back.

The song has been sung by Anushka Manchanda, Sukhwinder Singh, composed by Pritam, choreographer by Parsanna Sujit and lyrics are by Gulzar.

Lyrics of the song start off as:

Ooo Ooo, Ooo Ooo
    Theek Hai Theek, Theek Sab Kuch Theek Hai
    Paas Hai Sab Kuch Rab Nazdeek Hai, Ooo Ooo
    Hey Rab Ke Hazur Mein Kasmein Bhi Kha Li
    Duniya Ki Auni Pauni Rasmein Nibha Li, Ooo Ooo
    Phir Bhi Na Koi To Dafa Kar
    Maane Jo Maane Na Mane Jo Bhala Kar
    Duniya Naa Maane Khasmanu Khaye
    Khasmanu Khaye Marjaani
    Haaye Marjaani Marjaani
    Oye Khasmanu Khaye Marjaani
    Ooo Ooo Ooo Ooo

The story of Billu Barber is inspired from the tale of Krishna and Sudama. Shah Rukh and Irrfan Khan play two childhood friends who grow up and study together in a village. The two drift apart when Shah Rukh moves to a city and becomes super star Sahir Khan. Irrfan grows up to become the village barber.

When Shah Rukh returns to the village with a film unit everyone wants Billu to meet the superstar, but Billu is unsure if Sahir will recognize him.
    (site below has embedded video of this song)
    http://news.sawf.org/Bollywood/56042.aspx

2. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Seriously... WHAT?!? :confused: :confused2: :mad:

I adore the Marjaani promo, even though I really dislike Kareena, the promo is awesome, I have very high expectations of the song in the film. I don't like the Deepika's song and that promo quite as much (although I prefer Deepika over Kareena). And the theatrical trailer/dialogue promo to me shows a really beautiful film.

As a fan of the great King Khan I guess I should have gotten used to reading articles from blind people by now, but I can't help but to say WHAT THE FISH?!?

3. kahaanii2802

kahaanii2802 Pagal Naanii

The promos on Red Chillies site are of excellent quality ---
    and so are the songs, at least to me :thumb:

4. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

whatever :rolleyes:

5. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

... yep... whatever... :rolleyes: