1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Kareena and SRK to team up again?

Discussion in 'Movies T-Z' started by Pakiza, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

Kareena Kapoor might've missed playing Shah Rukh Khan's sweetheart in Kal Ho Naa Ho, but the actor has been chosen to play the lead role in Ramgopal Varma's film on time travel, Time Machine.

According to a source close to the unit, "Varma has signed Kareena to star opposite Shah Rukh Khan in his film."

Kareena is already doing her second film with Shah Rukh. The actor is doing a cameo (Helen's role) in Farhan Akhtar's Don. Kareena has worked with Shah Rukh in his home production Asoka.

It may be recalled at this juncture that Kareena was earlier doing a film with Harry Baweja titled Love Story 2050 with Harman Baweja, but she opted out of it. Now there's a buzz questioning whether she opted out of Harry's film to do Ramu's film.

2. Souby

Souby New Member

I loved their jodi in Asoka. I hope to see them together again. Thnx for the info Pakiza

3. lamya

lamya Well-Known Member

well to say the truth i kind of don't like them as a romantic pair, i prefer the kind of role they had in k3G.....
    I think kareena is a good actress and she has matured a lot in her role and their protrayal, so i guess lets wait and see in what kind of role they'll be cast opposite...

4. srk_no1_fan

srk_no1_fan New Member

Wow. Another Srk movie. Can't wait.

Thx for sharing Pakiza

5. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

hmm this should be interesting :D

6. Poonam

Poonam New Member

I don't like her. She's over made-up and artificial. Lacks the natural charm of Kajol and Rani which suits SRK so well. Hope he can give her some lessons in acting.

7. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

Hey Wow! :) I like her :eek: :p

8. Anisa

Anisa New Member

I dont mind Kareena opposite Shah Rukh. I think she's quiet a gud actress. I like any actress opposite Khan. It doesnt make a difference to me. Khan makes any1 look gud. Thanks for sharing Pakiza.

9. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Thanks Pakiza.:)

She's a decent actress...can't stand her as a person though...how someone could possibly have their head so high up their ass is beyond me.:confused:

10. ibtesam

ibtesam Well-Known Member

Kareena is the most talented actress we have today, better than Rani, Preity and all the others. I don't know why people think her as arrogant and rude. She is not at all like that. She has everything an actress needs, looks, beauty, personality, talent. I would love to see Srk and Kareena together again in another movie. Atleast we will get a break from Rani and Preity.

11. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

i agree there....
    and LOL kalee i dont like her too

12. Mazerq_j

Mazerq_j Well-Known Member

I agree with poo she's quite arrtificial but she's not bad too
    it's ok to see her with shah rukh tho not something to really look forward :)

13. hanimdevre

hanimdevre New Member

i hope it's definitive...lately actors opt out. I like Kareena, she's different!

14. Lia

Lia Well-Known Member

Finally..... Kareena will get her dream to work with her favourite man again.

15. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Lol!:p

16. filmifan

filmifan bhangraholic nattu

i preferred their role pairing in K3G too. Kareena is just ok to me, but i was impressed with her in Chameli. haven't seen any of her newer movies...

and has Kareena ever done a RGV movie? :confused2: i think it's a first for her too.

17. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

I quite liked her in Asoka, but she annoyed the hell out of me in K3G!

I'll just have to wait and see:ohwell:

18. filmifan

Kareena picks Ramu over Harry
    By: Upala KBR
    April 4, 2006

Ram Gopal Varma has signed Kareena Kapoor for his untitled film with Shah Rukh Khan. And reports indicate the actress walked out of Harry Baweja’s Love Story 2050 because of this.

There are two reasons for Kareena opting out of Harman Baweja’s launch film. One, that Harry’s and Ramu’s films have the same storyline —Baweja’s is based on H G Wells’s Time Machine. And second, Ramu’s film means Kareena’s re-entry into the Shah Rukh camp.

‘Kareena is perfect’

Says Ramu, “I signed Kareena because she was perfect for the part. She signed my film only 20 days back, and had walked out of the other film more than a month ago. I don’t know Harry’s story, but I can safely say that mine is not related to Time Machine at all. The only similarity may be the element of a time machine. Nothing else is similar.” Is his film titled Time Machine? “No, we are still searching for a title.”

What is Ramu’s film about? “It’s a socio-fantasy, a unique genre, which I haven’t experimented with before. It is set in the past, the present and the future.”

Reveals a technnician connected to Baweja’s Love Story 2050, “Ramu’s announcement came as a shocker to the Bawejas, especially when they heard Kareena was doing a similar film. Though she said there were date problems, it sounds fictitious, as the only film she was shooting for was Vishal Bharadwaj’s film, where her portions are complete.”

Says Harry’s son, Harman, who shot with Kareena for a week for his debut, “I can’t compare with King Khan. I am just a newcomer whose film hasn’t started, while Shah Rukh is the biggest star today.”

‘I trust Ramu’

Adds Harry, “I don’t know anything about Ramu’s film being similar to mine though I have heard the rumours. Kareena told me she had a date problem. We signed her in March 2004 and gave her a huge amount. But if she’s not doing the film because she’s been told not to, that would be unethical.

She had a moral commitment to us and she had shot our film in December, for seven days. We have spent Rs 40 lakh on the set.

Kareena cancelled the January and February schedule and finally told us she couldn’t do the film. She couldn’t have made her choice after she started shooting for us. But I would like to believe she had a genuine date problem.

Ramu told me he had planned his film two-and-a half-years ago, with Ajay (Devgan). I had met him and asked about the story and it wasn’t similar at all. Ramu is a very straightforward person and I trust him completely.”

19. filmifan

i just hope that neither one of these movies is a rip-off of the chinese movie, 2046 - which also takes place in the past, present, and future. and has the main character revisiting past loves in his life. after remaking The Eye and calling it Naina, and remaking Oldboy as Zinda, i wouldn't be surprised...but i'd hope RGV would be more original than that.

20. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I like karina as an actress she is a good entertainer. as a person I also heard of her attitude but I don't care I still like to watch her.
    I'd rather have karina than preity or rani, we're saturated with their presence in srk's movies.