1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Karan's at Cannes with Khan!

Discussion in 'My Name Is Khan' started by darina4srk, May 13, 2009.

1. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

14 May 2009, 0000 hrs IST, AFSANA AHMED , TNN

Joining thebrigade in Cannes for the film festival that started yesterday is Karan Johar.“Anything to grab many more eyeballs,” says the dapper Bollywood filmmaker who’s hoping to negotiate a mega global release for his Shah Rukh Khan starrer My Name Is Khan and the Saif Ali Khan-Kareena Kapoor film Jehaad with foreign distributing giants.

Karan will be pitching his own tent at the Market Section of the 62nd Cannes Film Festival between Saturday and next Tuesday to sell the world rights of his films. But, before that, he is slated to make a grand entry by walking the red carpet as one of many hotshot international celebs at the prestigious event for a lifestyle brand. Then only, will he be free to get into the private meetings set up with international studios.

“The Indian presence at Cannes has always been tremendous but now, with the world waking up to Indian, we are only growing further. It’s great to see the exchange of ideas at various levels,” says Karan, adding, “I hope something will work out. It’s very important for me because my films have a global message.”

To get his message across, the filmmaker has made a short showreel of My Name Is Khan and kept it solely for private meetings with distributors. “There cannot be a bigger platform than Cannes,” he says. Incidentally, the film is only 50 per cent complete. Karan and Shah Rukh go to San Francisco to finish it in July.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Bollywood/Karans-at-Cannes-with-Khan/articleshow/4524517.cms

2. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Karan and Shah Rukh will be in San Francisco in July!?????????? I am only 1 1/2 hours away. Oh, My Gosh! That means something to me. I will have to keep current with this information.

3. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

Wow MaryAnn! This is such a great opportunity for you! U should grab this chance to go and meet him on the sets. Or at least see him shooting. :D I hope u can see him live. :p (Oh gosh, when is my turn? :rolleyes:)
    Keep awake for news of him okay.
    And tell us if u get to meet him. :thumb:

4. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

wow! Cannes! indeed a great platform !

5. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

wish them all the best for this project, cant wait :D

6. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

AW: Karan's at Cannes with Khan!

Oooooooooh MaryAnn, i hope soooooooooooo for you, that you get the chance and it works for you :D:D

7. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I just have to keep my ears and eyes wide open for the time and place. If anyone hears anything, please PM me. I am so excited and I know my husband would support me in this!

8. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

thats awesome! Cannes!

why is it with newer reports about MNIK the time that they are suppose to film keeping changing in every report?

does anyone know that actually time they will be in San fran?

9. f khan

f khan Farah Khan

lucky Maryannk.

10. maira

maira SRK-fanatic

mann..i can;t wait till MNIK releases..:D...

11. semsem008

semsem008 Well-Known Member

i love ur Sig maira

i hope to see even a glimpse of shahrukh at cannes
    i think i saw pretty zinta in a green dress in front of cameras splashes at cannes
    it was a glimpse on tv
    is it true? or it was someone else

12. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

By ApunKaChoice
    Sat, May 16, 2009 11:30 IST

Besides being a director, Karan has taken up production seriously. Dharma Productions has given various hits and its movies are well accepted overseas. So tapping a wider market at Cannes makes complete sense. However, this time Karan is also an official invitee to the festival.

Though ‘My Name Is Khan’ is only 50 percent complete and Saif-Kareena starrer ‘Jihad’ is in post production stages, Karan is hopeful that things would surely work out. He has made a mini showreel of ‘My Name Is Khan’ to show at private meetings with the distributors. The movie has his old friend and favourite Shahrukh Khan along with his lucky charm Kajol .

But apart from watching, marketing his films and sharing ideas, Karan will walk the red carpet with many international film personalities at a gala event for a lifestyle brand.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/karan-johar-takes-my-name-is-khan-to-cannes.html

13. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

He has made a mini showreel of ‘My Name Is Khan’

OMG!!!!!!!!!! :madgrin::madgrin:
    i sooooo wanna watch tht!!!!!!! maybe i can sneak in!! :spy:

14. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

can i come too???!!!!!! :tsk:

see now if we worked for dharma or red chillies then maybe wouldnt have to do the unthinkable!! :p are u listening karana and sharu???? :D

15. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

but isn't cannes in the fall? the film has been delayed till release in feb '10 so how is that gonna work out? :confused2:

i say we start planning our trip to cannes now girls!

16. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

yes ji... it's mission mnik!!! :lol: or smth else tht's catchier..:rolleyes:

17. souad1

souad1 New Member

why why the postponed the movie?

18. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

most likely because of srk's surgery its best that he is fully recovered before returning to work then the film coming out sooner because srk worked before recovering!

19. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

May 20,2009
    'I didn't have time for partying'
    It was all work at Cannes for Karan Johar this time around

By: Upala KBR

Karan Johar is living out of a suitcase. Last week, he was in London, this week he's in Cannes and then it's back to London before jetting off to San Francisco next week.
    The director-producer zipped in for a two-day visit to the Cannes festival as well as to walk the red carpet for the alcohol brand he endorses. He also met international distributors for his film, My Name Is Khan and for his other productions.
    No time for friends
    A source says, "Karan loves Belgian fashion designer Martin Margiela's outfits and scarves. On the red carpet, Karan wore one of the designer's creations. Talking about his Cannes experience, Karan says, "I didn't have any time to party or meet my friends in Cannes this year. I was to meet Abhishek and Ash but couldn't make it. Apart from walking the red carpet for the brand, I had important meetings to attend with studio heads. This is my fourth year there and I observed a couple of things at Cannes — maybe because of the global recession but things were a bit subdued there. Normally, the Croisette is extremely active and buzzing with people, but everything appeared much quieter this year."
    On the positive front, Karan notes the gap between Hollywood and Bollywood getting lesser. "At studio levels, the bridge between India and the west is decreasing — Indian films have become lot more acceptable. I envisage the two woods — Bolly and Holly — coming together in the near future. Internationally, people are more aware of our cinema than they were earlier. I had people from France, Germany, Poland and other European states coming up to me and asking about Indian cinema. Things may be quieter on the film front in Cannes but the buzz regarding Indian and Indian cinema is louder this time around."
    Appealing fare
    Karan definitely intends to capitalise on the growing appeal for Indian cinema in the international market for My Name Is Khan. "Though the domestic market is my priority, I do intend getting as many eyeballs as possible. MNIK has the right kind of blend of what we stand for. I am hoping to go beyond the diaspora with the film. The European and American markets are still untapped."
    Tech-challenged
    Karan's been so busy tha
    t he's not had time to shop. "Cannes is for shopping for films and not clothes. I don't buy computers or gadgets. I think I am techno challenged. The only thing that I have done is get myself on Facebook and got a BlackBerry."

http://www.mid-day.com/epaper/index.htm

20. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

karan is on facebook!?!?!? :jaw::jaw: omg.. i sooooo need to find him!!!!!!!!!!