1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Karan wants 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham' sequel: Big B

Discussion in 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham' started by darina4srk, Dec 26, 2010.

1. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I wouldn't even worry about this till it's actually confirmed by KJ or SRK.
    @chris, SRK had a few romantic scenes in the second half but due to time constraints they were the unlucky ones to be deleted from the film :( he ended up being the underdog, nevertheless, one of the best films ever made IMHO :)[/quote]

You're kidding??? That would have made it into an entirely different, and for me, better film.
    Its such a shame that apart from a few beautiful moments, Rahul almost becomes a comic secondary role. I get very annoyed that the second half focusses so much on Poo. I actually like Kareena as an actress but I find this role so fake.

2. MeryamaSRK

MeryamaSRK DON-ish

I would SHED actual Blood to see this happening for real! Earlier I thought it was just a fragment of some MM journo's Imagination, but there is Good buzz abt it now...

Ps: Never mind my ignorance, But who's kadsoo kadsbury? (Google didn't provide much help)

3. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

Kadsoo is nick name for Kajol
    like lets say Duggu for Hrithik, same way Kajol's nick name is Kadsoo
    -------------------------------------------------
    in btw, guys I think its true as TeamDharma & Dharma's Official Page posted that KJo is all geared up for K3G Sequel http://on.fb.me/pqZpii
    on Twitter: http://bit.ly/r6pxRm

SRKdream and nika thank this.
  4. MeryamaSRK

MeryamaSRK DON-ish

Huh! Odd, Never heard of tho..Thx :p I read it too, and I can't believe it! OMFG! :D I'm so not gonna get too excited because if it isn't true, it'll just break my heart! But *fingers crossed*

Oh wait, Kareena/Hrithik in a film? Together? Oh, I don't think that wud be happening! :p

5. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Yeah, I think Dharma fb page is quite a reliable source and they talk about it also, so I believe that this news is pretty much confirmed. Now the only hope is that since it's still (it seems) in early planning stage, that somewhere on the line they decide it's not a viable idea to realise...

6. nika

nika Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's happening or not. But I like the idea: Shahrukh and Hrithik as brothers, fighting about business and all. I can imagine them so emotional and glowing in those kind of roles... :rolleyes:

7. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

It would be great if Karan can make a sequel to K3G. Sequels seems to be flavour of the season ATM in Bollywood. Karan should cash on it too before it last. Maybe this time Karan should focus on the relation & conflict between the two brothers for a change. Would love to see that.:)

8. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

I would love to see a K3G sequel!! :D But the storyline must be very strong and captivating so it can repeat the success of K3G. Fighting over business is so common. Perhaps if a new character appears it will be more interesting. :) Or relationship problems between the brothers. But I certainly want Shah Rukh to be the main focus! :D

9. gauri_fairy

gauri_fairy mahzabin

I remember saying I don't want the sequel. But now I guess I won't mind, anything for Karan+SRK pair up! :) And I don't know how much true the news is, the only highlight of the news is Karan saying in the beginning he laughed the idea of, and now he probably said "it might just happen" - And here we've a whole article on that!

10. gauri_fairy

gauri_fairy mahzabin

And ya agree with you guys Dharma page on FB is a much reliable source!

11. Cila

Cila Well-Known Member

:scared:
    Oh my God, the K3G sequel is the most horrible idea ever! I would understand if they decided to do the sequel a year or two after the first part release, but after a 10 years?:eek:
    Dear Karan, don't go this way!:confused:
    I think the KANK sequel would be a better idea!

12. Ladyinred

Ladyinred Well-Known Member

I don't think K3G sequel is a great idea. I hope it won't come true.

13. MeryamaSRK

MeryamaSRK DON-ish

Look, Karan normally takes a loooong time to make a movie and He takes a looong break in between directing movies, so, he's tied up with SOTY for now, which will at least take a him at least year to direct and release, and a year post that to unwind. Plus getting a final script written-and we know how obsessive Karan gets abt his scripts-will take him an other year aaand finally getting ALL 6 stars to actually give him dates for the film will as well take a while, so to get this projet going, He'll need an other 3 years! and 3 years is a looooooooooong time!
    This isn't happening any time soon for sure :D We should chill abt it for now...

darina4srk says thanks.
  14. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Karan Johar - an earnest request to you - please stay away from SRK till at least 2014! Or those much talked about movies with Raju/Vishal/Ashutosh will never happen! :(:(:(

15. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

phul says thanks.
  16. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Here is a written Interview from Karan Johar. It contians a part of K3G 2. And also something about the french Film he wants to make. I will post it here but only the Parts i have mention.

'I'm a businessman so I've to go get what I want' - Karan Johar
    SUBHASH K JHA 01 August , 2011

Is it true that you're also in the process of acquiring the rights of a French film?
    I am not revealing anything. It’s too early. When I’ve the rights, I’ll announce it. But yes, I saw this French film and I fell in love with it. So I traveled to London to get its rights. I’m a businessman so I’ve to go get what I want.

Are you making Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham 2?
    Yes it’s an idea. It’d be a bold step if I make it. It’s very strange but all the six main members of the cast (Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol, Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor) are as dear to me now as they were 10 years ago when I made the film. I’m sure they’d respond positively to the sequel. K3G is dear to all of us. I’m proud to say it’s the tallest family film.

http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=18797

nika, mumbiene and Anjali72 thank this.