1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Karan wants 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham' sequel: Big B

Discussion in 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham' started by darina4srk, Dec 26, 2010.

1. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

2010-12-26 17:10:00

New Delhi, Dec 26 (IANS) He brought together the three biggies of Hindi cinema - Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan - in his blockbuster hit 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham' in 2001 and filmmaker Karan Johar is now pitching for a sequel to the family saga, reveals Big B.

'Karan Johar and we talk of cinema and other lighter moments. His visit to Goa and the sudden impulse to do a sequel to 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham', for he felt that all the relevant characters were still around and 'how',' Big B posted on his blog.

'It would be a story on the growth of the brothers and the problems that arise because of their independent understanding and working of the business empire of the father, a split within them and so on,' he added.

Also starring Jaya Bachchan, Kajol and Kareena Kapoor, the movie was the highest grossing Indian film in the overseas market.

An active blogger, Amitabh has now left his decision for the Part II on the fans' discretion.

'I tell him I shall run a reaction to this on my blog and seek information on its feasibility. So what does everyone feel? Yes or no? (sic)... Tel me tell me tell me...no,' he wrote.

http://www.sify.com/movies/karan-wa...m-sequel-big-b-news-national-km0rkieaabb.html

This is sooooooo exciting!!! :D :dance: :dance:

SRKdream and Vegainko thank this.
  2. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

That is a good idea, with the kind of cinema (boldish, and some stupid) going on nowadays, I could appreciate a decent family drama

3. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

It has to take a different path, K3G types are not appealing for INDIA today. need a fresh turn, if he is making a sequel.

Looking forward to it believing, Karan will do necessary attachments to improve it's standards.

Considering SRK and Hrithik and adding some gray flavor to their characters rather than having pure brotherhood qualities like in earlier, hmm now they are middle age adults.
    it will work if they add complexities to the characters and make it more down to earth. Then movie can do wonders..otherwise not a good idea. i am talking too much:p

4. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

sorry but for me its a no-no
    i dont want there to be a sequel to a good film where the characters turn bad then good again
    i would prefer if they would leave it alone :p

plus theres so much talk of SRK working with others that i hope will come true

5. donshema

donshema SRK is my Family

well, I guess K3G will never make the same success again as we LOOOOOOOOOOVE it soooooooooooooo much so I guess it'd be a better idea to make another movie with the same cast that will be more interesting :love:

6. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

it's very risque for Karan to attempt a sequal to such a successful movie unless he had a really good idea.:eek: For me its one of my alltime favourites:heart::heart::heart:,that I go back to every now and again,so I dunno if I'd like it or not actually,I really don't!:confused:

7. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

Yep. It's exciting but I'm afraid if it won't be as successful as K3G. Things a decade ago are a whole lot different from now. Yea, like Naeema said, unless he comes up with a very good idea, then why not. :D If this is true, then I'm very looking forward to the kind of music Karan provides us. :rolleyes::D Or yea, make a new movie with the same casts. :p

8. gauri_fairy

gauri_fairy mahzabin

A 'no' for me too. Would love to see something different and 'hatke' from Karan. Besides we all loved the bonding of the two brothers. It would be corny to see them becoming foes for business related reasons, very hindi serial type. No Karu don't do it, we know you can have better ideas then this. :kiss:

9. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

To be honest here I dont want to see a sequel of K3G - its a big "NO" from my side too! Now that karan is progressing with each of his films in the years which has come by - i would not like to see a film back to what he was doing, i dont mean that i dont like that family drama - i love it but K3G was something unique and to be able to try to make it again and create the same effect as it did back then in 2001 is not impossible now - the audience has changed. As Mahzabin said something "HATKE" from karan is what we need. Its like DDLJ now whenever Aditya Chopra directs a new film, he will be compared with DDLJ, he has created a standard for himself. For Kjo its same i guess - he definitely needs to do something different and we all know that he is capable of doing it because with each film he has progressed, from KKHH to MNIK there is a huge progression.

No Kjo - we all know you can do more than what you think of. All the best :thumb: We are sure that you will come up with something different :hug:

10. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I really don't see this happening.. Must be some kind of inside joke making it's way in to Big B's blog...

11. franny

franny smile!

I don't think either that this will happen....though i'd love to see SRK and Kajol together again :heart: well....we just have to wait and see:)

12. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

actually, it's a good idea to have a story on Ambani Brothers in INDIA.:p so Karan should start it as a fresh one, not as a sequel.

13. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

I agree thats sounds better:nod: maybe the ambani brother's were his inspiration:confused2::noidea:

14. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

K3G returns

A sequel to the 2001 blockbuster starring Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan is in the pipeline, confirms Karan Johar

Subhash K Jha
    Posted On Friday, July 15, 2011 at 03:58:22 AM

Ten years after its release the multistarrer blockbuster Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham, finally gears up for a sequel.

Though Amitabh Bachchan had been blogging about the possibility of a venture that takes the travails of the Raichand family forward, for some time now, director and producer Karan Johar confirmed to Mumbai Mirror that he would indeed like to recreate the magic of K3G, soon.

Admitting to the fact that K3G 2 is indeed in the pipeline, Karan said, “It’s a workable idea. I am no longer averse to it. It would be a bold step if I make it.”

Also, the fact that the six key cast members of the film - Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol, Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor are all gung-ho about the sequel makes the project a certainty.

“It’s very strange. But all the six main members of the cast are as dear to me now as they were 10 years ago when I made the film. I’m sure they’re as charged about the sequel as I am,” said Karan, who had already revealed his plans about the sequel to the concerned members of the cast.

[​IMG]

In fact, the seed of the idea for a sequel was planted by one of them.

“At first, when his friends suggested a sequel, KJo just laughed it off saying that it was financially impractical to attempt something so big in this day and age.

However, Big B made him realise that a sequel was not only possible but also desirable. Mr Bachchan also said that only Karan could pull it off,” informed a source.

Talking about the sequel, Big B even revealed on his blog, “It would be a story on the growth of the brothers and the problems that arise because of their independent understanding and working of the business empire of the father, a split within them and so on...”

The recent success of sequels added to Karan’s conviction. With the Golmaal, Dhamaal and Murder franchises doing better than most first time films this year, the idea for a multistarrer sequel gained ground.

With Dostana 2 failing to take off, a sequel to the Raichand family saga might be what Dharma Productions needs to join the trend.

Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham in 2001 was nominated across fifteen categories at the Filmfare Awards.

It won five, making this one of the ‘tallest family films’ by Dharma Productions. And if all goes well, we may soon be seeing the Raichands repeat their success on screen, ten years after they first made an appearance.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/20110715201107150358399817919af50/K3G-returns.html

SRKdream and nika thank this.
  15. Number8

Number8 Well-Known Member

I hope they are joking...

16. MeryamaSRK

MeryamaSRK DON-ish

It's MM! Nuff said! :DE

17. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Middle-aged Rahul arguing with middle-aged Rohan? :tsk:
    Slip on the cardigans and the slippers and watch it over cocoa. :yawn:
    Sorry but I don't think that idea would sustain it.
    I have nothing against srk playing more mature characters, in fact I'm all for it, but not as a sort of left-over of another film.
    Even in K3g the second half reduced Rahul from a passionate, emotional hero to a comfortable but stubborn bore. No! No! No!

18. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I wouldn't even worry about this till it's actually confirmed by KJ or SRK.
    @chris, SRK had a few romantic scenes in the second half but due to time constraints they were the unlucky ones to be deleted from the film :( he ended up being the underdog, nevertheless, one of the best films ever made IMHO :)

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  19. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

jiteshpillaai I'm only looking forward to the reported K3G sequel,
    because then there's a faint glimmer of hope that kadsoo kadsbury may return.I love her

MeryamaSRK and Wafa thank this.
  20. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

if jitesh thinks there is something cooking, then there might be some truth to this rumor.

Anjali72 says thanks.