1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Karan`s film will be my kind of cinema: Anurag Kashyap

Discussion in 'My Name Is Khan' started by Zuhal, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Zuhal

Zuhal Guest

Karan`s film will be my kind of cinema: Anurag Kashyap

New Delhi, Dec 30: Bollywood director Anurag Kashyap is finally writing Karan Johar's next film after their recent patch-up, but he says that the movie will be his kind of cinema.

Kashyap, who reportedly had refused to write a film by Johar stating creative differences, recently reconciled with the filmmaker by apologising.

"Whatever I said was in the heat of the moment. I realised my mistakes and personally apologised to Karan. The incident is past now," says Kashyap, who has been offered to write the script of Karan Johar's next movie.

However, when asked about differences between Johar and him over the style of filmmaking, he says, "yes, I am writing the script of Karan's next movie. But it is going to be my kind of movie."

The director of critically-acclaimed 'Black Friday', who otherwise is known for making dark and serious films, feels that movies should be honest and thought-provoking.

"I have no problem with films that have a happy ending. But cinema should provoke us to stand up and question things," said Kashyap.

'Chak De! India' had a very bold script and was an honest film, he added.

Kashyap's first animation movie 'Hanuman Returns' hit the screens recently. The film will break all the box-office records, he claims adding that he plans to work on another animation movie

http://www.zeenews.com/articles.asp?aid=415859&ssid=1&ssname=Movies%20and%20Theatre&sid=ENT&sname=ENTERTAINMENT-NEWS

2. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

if im not wrong i thought karan is scripting the movie? maybe im wrong

3. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

This could make an interesting combination. Hopefully they will create something great together.

4. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

he reminds me of RGV or VVC. I don't like his style of dark movies. dark movies don't necessary mean thought provoking movies :rolleyes:

5. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I agree, I also don't like dark films. But I was thinking that Karan would not make a dark film, so together they might make something new... If it works it could be great, if it fails, well, I don't even want to think about it (shudder). But I trust Shahrukh and Karan, so I doubt it would be too dark, Shahrukh has also said he doesn't want to do too dark films now (at least that's what he gave as a reason for refusing No Smoking).

6. MarjorieGK

MarjorieGK Ullu-Club-Member

Karan said on several occasions that he won't write the script for My Name Is Khan, as he didn't want his personality to obscure the serious topic - as far as I remember. He wants to make a movie that is different from what was dubbed "Karan Johar cinema" - a more serious one.

7. BeBeDana

BeBeDana SRKLicious

Crap I guess I'm the only one here who likes dark cinema :eek::lol:! The sad part is I'm not even remotely a dark person, go figure:confused2: !! Although I'm relieved that KJO isn’t writing this one, we can do without the chiffon saris and Switzerland when it comes to a serious topic such as discrimination against Muslims in the wake of the 9/11 attacks:cool:! I just hope kashyap doesn't somehow turn it into another black Friday, or take out his frustration on main stream cinema by making this one a complete opposite of what SRK has been doing all these years:scared:. Regardless; as many said, SRK is an extremely well equipped judge and he will have to agree on the script before performing, so Insha'Allah this movie will break all barriers and become a landmark in the history of Hindi Cinema! :thumb:

8. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

LOL Dana you remind me of another member who we haven't seen here in a while, she has the same taste as you: dark movie ( I call them nakad:p) and didn't like the chiffons and all that... so you're not alone.
    but those were some of the reasons I fell in love with Indian films, they caught my attention first with their colors and beauty, then of course I paid attention to the stories and the rest is history...
    also, karan only has 1 film that had "chiffons" and not even in switzerland (k3g), and only one song in KKHH. so give him a break..:p

9. sofya

sofya Well-Known Member

you've got a point there wafa, Karan johar got stereotyped but now that you've mentioned, he only made 2 movies with they he's been charged with as "bubblegum" movies. I wish he makes more of them because I too don't like dark movies.

10. BeBeDana

BeBeDana SRKLicious

lol @ nakad:D, not at all wallahi sis, I really love hindi cinema for the same things that you just mentioned lol we have enough nakad in our lives to want to pay to watch it too!! But as much as I love comedy and romance I also love drama and what they call art house movies! I dunno why but I find them very poetic and private, they are not for everyone I know and most people DO NOT like to watch them for reasons you've mentioned. Yet I find joy in pain sometimes, and the gut wrenching feelings that come with a good cry at some sad love story(most dark movies have a major romantic aspect to them) I love happy endings just as much as the next guy, alas though life isn't always rainbows and strawberry ice-cream. About karan:D, well I have seen KANK, K3G, DDLJ and parts of KKHH and although like you said they might not all have the sari-Switzerland formula they are far from dark movies(not even KANK qualifies for that unless maybe to Hindi audience) so yea he maybe the happy ending type of director story teller but not so far out:p. I have nothing against him except that I don't like the reputation he's been giving Sharu for hanging out with him:twitch::madgrin: lol bas that’s all.

11. Ricky80

Ricky80 Member

I think it will be good...we wont know till the movie comes out and the world watches it..

12. Mazerq_j

Mazerq_j Well-Known Member

Ya so agree on that....dark, very sad movie doesn't neccesarily means thought provoking movies

13. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

[ and parts of KKHH

Parts of KKHH..!!! ??? you must watch it all..and soon ..every Srk fan must watch KKHH..this very film affects so many..if you write about Karan Johar you must watch KKHH..believe me you will know more about todays Bollywood..

14. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

I like the chiffons..I like the colors..I even like Switzerland valleys which was a bit odd to me at first..I love happy endings.. sometimes we need dreams ..we need to feel light..we need to smile without reason ...thats what Karan Johar films for and I hope this wont change..

leave dark films to dark directors..personally I love any film dark or light but with honesty in it and light films can be as honest as dark ones...

15. Mazerq_j

Mazerq_j Well-Known Member

dana...wallahi...is that some kind of like "i swear" ?

16. BeBeDana

BeBeDana SRKLicious

Yes Maz, it's in Arabic…that's pretty much what it means!:D

17. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

LOL, in this case I'll make a movie of my life for you Dana :D I know what you mean. I'm sure many would like a pinch of drama but not dark as in "black" which by the way I have tried to watch twice or maybe even more, I could never pass the first 15 mins. drama like Dil Se, Darr, even Baazigar and Kank are acceptable and they dont have "happys endings" :p but we love them. also, DDLJ is not a karan movie its Aditya chopra's movie;) but you can certainly taste karan's flavor in it.
    kank was very painful for me to watch although it had a "happy" ending only after I balled my eyes out. Khnh... forget it!! you might as well shoot me! I still get a stream roll down my eyes when I watch it.

you know, now that I'm thinking about it.. this discussion reminds me of those who accuse SRK of being only romantic and he's the same in all his movies. Please don't get offended I'm not comparing you to those, but the stereotyping of srk is reminiscent of that stereotyping karan with "bubblegum" movies and OTT characters when he only has 2 of those movies. PEACE :)

18. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

why wouldn't anyone like chiffons and switzerland? heck I wish my life is full of that and less of the drama!

19. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

haan. I swear to Allah.;)

20. BeBeDana

BeBeDana SRKLicious

Not offended at all, because I don't stereotype Shahrukh and I am the biggest romanic out there, why would I hate what I love:eek:? The genre of certain movies he's been in may at times be stereotyped but not by me though. I guess I still haven't made my self clear sis, I don't hate saris or Switzerland:bounce:, basically I just said if the movie is about discrimination against Muslims, then the chiffon saris and Switzerland won't be appropriate! I think SRK is brilliant I can never think of him in any demeaning or lesser way:heart:… even if I sometimes prefer some dark cinema that never means I don't like main stream.. Not at all, peace back at ya:thumb: