1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Kal Ho Naa Ho's Theme Song!

Discussion in 'Kal Ho Na Ho' started by Bella~, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Bella~

Bella~ New Member

Hey! This is a little freaky~ A young lady from Afghanistan is currently working in my office today, and told me her favorite singer over there is Qader Eshpari. Okay. So I looked him up and played his music so she could enjoy.

Now get this. His album "Naazi Jaan" has the theme song from "Kal Ho Naa Ho" on it!! What a trip!

This singer speaks the language that the Pathani people speak, and from what I understand, Shah Rukh's father is from Peshawar and a Pathan! Pretty cool!

I don't know whose song it was first, but just to come upon some singer who had the same song flipped me out! Just thought I'd share. He song is on this website: http://www.qader-eshpari.com/QDRAudioCD5LG.htm and is the 10th song on the album. It is called "Baaman Bekhaan".

2. Alana

Alana New Member

Wow I hear it yet and it sounds great. He has really a good voice.

3. Bella~

Bella~ New Member

Yeh! It was soooo bizarre to hear! I thought, "okay--this girl (Fakhria) is bored in here today so I'll ask her who her favorite artist is and play some music for her to make her happy." Then to hear that song out of the blue start playing was so surreal! I was like, "Gosh! That sounds soooooo familiar.... Now, where?...." And of course, it took me about a micro-second to go, "KAL HO NAA HO"!??! Then I played the theme song from SRK's movie for her!! She said that everyone borrows from everyone over there all the time. Which came first? Who knows. But that was a very bizzare experience~

Wafaji? Who came up with it first??? Is SRK the chicken or the egg?

4. Aryana

Aryana SRK's Pashtaana Fan

He is really good. Afghan people love indian films and music. Most afghan singers are singing the indian film songs at weddings and parties.Just an FYI...language is called Pashto or Pakhto.

5. Alana

Alana New Member

But when I hear it right, and I think I know the lines from the KHNH version, this song has other lines, haven't it?

After all very often I hear a song in a Hindi-Movie and think, I know that melody. So they do it very often to "borrow" the melody, I have the impression.

6. Bella~

Bella~ New Member

THAT'S IT!!! :D *Thanks! :thumb: I have a hard time following all these foreign words--at least foreign to me!:rolleyes:

And yes the words are different except I hear "zindagi" where it should be~ Who knows! EXACT same melody though! Fascinated me!

7. Alana

Alana New Member

Yes Zindagi was the only I know. I'm fascinated too.

8. srk_no1_fan

srk_no1_fan New Member

Woww. Its quite good this song. I think its the same song but in a different lanuage becuase as everyone noticed he says Zindagi n in the original kal ho na ho he also says zindagi.

Hope someone could translate it.

Thx soo much for sharing

9. shervin

shervin Well-Known Member

The album is from 2005.

10. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

Oewh Damn! :eek: I like the original version better :p :eek:

11. Bella~

Bella~ New Member

Rajshri you're such a booger head~ :high5: :lol: :kiss: :blabla: :hug: *I used your colour!!!! LaLaLa LAAAAA LA!:D *
    (Actually, if SRK's is the original, I like the original best too~:amen: )

12. TARA

TARA "K3T"-Member

Hm, I like the Kal ho na ho better......it sounds a little bit strange for me...as if he would sing from far away and in a tunnel or else..cant explain it so well , hope you understand what I mean.....
    Anyways, thanks for sharing it with us.

13. +Srk~Ki~Naz+

+Srk~Ki~Naz+ New Member

mmmm.... He sings also "har lahsaro khosh begzaran.." (1:10) mmmmm....am I ritE?:( damn......shervin KOMAK (help) lollll.... I`m not sure... but I understood that like this...and it means... "enjoy every moment"......right?
    well I cant understand him.....maybe only few words....and thats all..anyways.....TFS!! i like the original with srk better!!!!!!!!!!:)

14. Alana

Alana New Member

I like this version very much, I have to say.
    Ok when I hear the movie song, than I think on Shahrukh because it's "his" voice and his picture comes into my mind.

But this far away thing, had the same impression, i like too.

15. Khoon Chala

Khoon Chala New Member

I like it. I sort of understand the far away kind of voice thing. Either way, both songs give me mixed emotions. I'm smiling even though I feel sad.:crazy:

16. KhushiDreamz

KhushiDreamz G.One Squad Member

I stay with the original...Though the guy has nice voice..

17. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

That was a nice version, but I also like the original better (it's actually my favourite song).

18. Mia

Mia New Member

Yes I understand because I have the same impression. My favourite song is Kal Ho Naa Ho so I stick with it.

19. Naina86

Naina86 EtoW SRK is the best

lol kal ho naa ho also in Afghan. Pathan. It's a beautiful language also.
    I like the song thanx for sharing

20. idontlove

idontlove New Member

this song is so sad. everytime i heard it i wanna have a cry