1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Kal Ho Naa Ho -- the Movie

Discussion in 'Kal Ho Na Ho' started by Meghna04, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Kal Ho Naa Ho

Year 2003
    Cast: Shah Rukh Khan, Preity Zinta, Saif Ali Khan, Jaya Bachchan
    Producer: Yash Johar
    Director: Nikhil Advani
    Music Director: Shankar, Ehsaan, Loy
    Lyricst: Javed Akhtar

Synopsis:

Kal Ho Naa Ho takes place in Manhattan, New York, and is the story of three friends, Aman, Rohit (Saif Ali Khan), and Naina (Preity Zinta), who travel on a journey that teaches them the true meaning of friendship. It teaches them to discover themselves, and to find the courage to live through times of happiness and times of sorrow.
    With the constant arguments and bickering in her semi-Punjabi/semi-Christian family, Naina is completely distraught by the conditions which surround her. In addition to this, she is bombarded with the responsibilities of taking care of her younger brother and sister, as well as helping her mother, Jennifer (Jaya Bachchan) handle the family’s economical complications. Between all these burdens Naina never has time for herself. Then comes Aman. He moves into Naina’s small Indian neighborhood, and with him he brings his joyfulness and charming personality. He helps solve everyone’s problems and helps them face the obstacles and challenges that life usually has in store.
    Much to Naina’s dismay, Aman demands on intervening in her life also. He makes her do things that she would never have dreamt of doing. His constant nagging eventually teaches Naina how to smile once again. In doing so, Aman joins with his friend Rohit in trying to help Naina find her happiness that has been lost in the wraths of time.
    In Kal Ho Naa Ho the power of friendship starts to weave it’s magic over these three friends. But to their unpleasant surprise, a fatal turn of events cause chaos between all three of them. What are these fatal events that cause a ruckus of emotions? What will happen to Naina, Aman, and Rohit? Find out on November 28, 2003 when Karan Johar/Nikhil Advani release this mega-blockbuster venture that is sure to have you on a roller-coaster of emotions.

Songs from Kal Ho Naa Ho:

Song: It's the time to disco
    Singer/s: Vasundhara Das, K.K., Shaan & Loy Mendonsa
    Music Director/s: Shankar Ehsaan Loy

Song: Kal ho naa ho
    Singer/s: Sonu Nigam

Song: Kal ho naa ho (Sad)
    Singer/s: Alka Yagnik, Richa Sharma & Sonu Nigam

Song: Kuchh to hua hai
    Singer/s: Shaan & Alka Yagnik

Song: Maahi ve
    Singer/s: Shankar Mahadevan, Sonu Nigam, Sadhana Sargam, Sujata Bhattacharya, Udit Narayan & Chorus

Song: Pretty woman
    Singer/s: Shankar Mahadevan & Ravi "Rags" Khote

2. ldoho2002

ldoho2002 New Member

love this movie. wacth it like 8 times and it still gets to me

3. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I cant get enough of this movie. I will be posting pics of it tomorrow inshaAllah.

thanks nicole for the topic.

4. Aman

Aman Retired Designer

My personal fav movie of his. And it's not just because of the name.;)

5. becia_001

becia_001 New Member

I love this movie...this is my favourite....i can't get enought of them...i saw him 12 maybe 13 times and i know that i will come back to this movie....ones again i say : i love this movie :):):)

6. srkpreityfan

srkpreityfan Well-Known Member

I LOVE this movie too. One of my top three. SRK's dancing was incredible (and I think this was his first film after his back surgery). Saif and SRK were too funny together and I would like to see them together much more. The scenes with Khanta Bhen (?) were hilarious. Saif's parents were funny funny funny! Preity was beautiful as usual and just everyone in the film was GREAT. I've seen it probably 10 times - love the music too. This was THE film that finally made me take notice of the unbelievable SRK!!!! And, I too, will watch it many more times in the future.

7. Shina001

Shina001 Tina

The movie is amazing
    But I didnt wanto tht Srk died

8. Hasret

Hasret Ullu-Club-Member

I love this movie! so wonderful!
    "Tomorow might nerver be".. Love it <3

9. Jagna

Jagna Lunatic

One of my first and favourites movie - I love it! Great music, wonderfull actors :heart:...........my dreams :rolleyes:

10. Alana

Alana New Member

I don't want to dissapoint you, but I'm not so in love with the movie.
    I like the theme of the movie and I think it's right to do and to say what you feel right in the moment and not to wait untill it's to late.

I'm not sure which is the maintheme in this movie. The lovestory between Rohit and Priya, between Priya and Aman, the illness and that Aman is some kind of angel who brings the people closer to each other? It's all and nothing in my eyes.

And Aman is the one character I don't really like. It's to loud. I know that this is because he fears death and tries to use every single moment in his life, but for me it's sometimes to much and it get ridiculous.

There are some scenes which I really like, for example at the station when Aman tells Priya about "Rohits" feelings. This is really emotional or when I later says in the hospital, that Priya belongs to Rohit in this life but in every other live to him. Which is interessting, because I thought the whole movie Aman is christian.

11. gtdevil07

gtdevil07 New Member

I luv this movie, it was really good.

12. Caro

Caro New Member

AW: Kal Ho Naa Ho -- the Movie

this movie is one of my favourites! it is so sweet, srk and saif acted so nice in this movie!

13. Shina001

Shina001 Tina

Re: AW: Kal Ho Naa Ho -- the Movie

I allways have tissues with me when I see the movie
    But its one of my favorites

14. kirantoocute

kirantoocute I love Sahir Khan!!

Isn't Preity Zinta's character name Naina, NOT Priya. Priya is played by Sonali Bendre, who is Shahrukh's doctor in the movie. I just thought that I should point that out.

15. Chandani76

Chandani76 New Member

AW: Kal Ho Naa Ho -- the Movie

That was my first
    Bollyfilm and my favorite...after that i was just sitting around and crying ....
    :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain:

16. Flowergirl

Flowergirl Ullu-Club-Member

I got that movie on dvd as a gift from a friend and when I saw it first, I thought:
    Loud, big, colourfull.
    But then I saw it a second time with another friend and I realised the real story and how selfless Aman is.
    I couldn´t stop crying for hours.
    The best Sharukh-movie.

17. hanady

hanady Hanady

I love this movie. I saw it many times and every time I see it, it gets me to that same mood which I can't describe but love it.

18. Shina001

Shina001 Tina

I still cant stop crying when i see the dying scene

19. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

A beautiful film that makes you cry every time. I loved it.

20. Niniel

Niniel Enthralled_by_SRK

I saw this movie today. It was the first time but not the last.
    I just loved it. The music, the actors and Shahrukh is above all.
    I love everything about him, his looks, his clothes.