1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa -- the Movie

Discussion in 'Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa' started by Meghna04, Jan 26, 2006.

1. starstar

starstar People are not perfect (except when they smile)

The only reason why I bought this movie was actually because I came to know that this is Shahhrukh favourite among all the movies he has acted in :).

After watching " Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa" I understood why it actually is Shahahrukh's favourite movie.

I loved this movie so much. I have already watched it several times, and I think I won't get tired of watching it again in the future :).

There is an innocence, a simplicity in this movie. It's heartwarming. It makes you feel good.

Shahrukh looks so sweet in this movie, so innocent :love:. He's so naive, pure-hearted.
    His character is supposed to be a kind of loser in this movie. I don't think any other actor would have had the courage to sign for a film in which he's supposed to play a loser. But, Shahrukh did.
    And he played his character with perfection.

After giving it some thought, it seems to me that the character played by Shahrukh, Sunil, is not really a loser. Yes, he isn't a brilliant student. But, that desn't mean he won't succeed in his life. Sunil has other talents.
    Just like Father Breganza's character ( played by Naseerudin Shah) explains to Sunil's father at the end of the movie.

Concerning the ending of the movie, I have to admit I liked it. I was quite glad Sunil didn't marry Anna. Because I had the feeling she didn't deserve him.

Moreover, I must say I prefer Juhi to Suchitra Krishnamurti :p. When I watched "Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa" for the very fist time, I felt Sunil had maybe found his true love in Juhi's character.

"Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa" will always be one of my favourite movies :).

2. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

This is such a sweet film, I really like it. Like someone said, it makes you feel good. And yes, of course it's even more special because Shahrukh has said it's his favourite... He was so cute in this film, you just got to adore him...

I just watched it yesterday (again) and I was crying at the end when Anna was getting married to the other guy and Shahrukh had such sadness in his eyes. The scene where the ring drops and Shahrukh was supposed to find it... It's such a short simple scene in the film, but knowing the background story, how Shahrukh couldn't say that he had found the ring, because he was hurting too much seeing the girl he loved marrying another guy. That story makes this one of my al time favourite scenes.

Such a beautiful, sweet film...

3. steffs

steffs total SRK addict.

Im watching this movie as we speak, only halfway through..and i absolutely love it :love: .. SRK's character is soo sweet and innocent and lovely :heart: .. And someone mentioned that SRK said this was his fave film? .. oh wow, im not surprised, his role is heart warmingly cute :) .. xx

4. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

just saw the movie and wow! :heart: i can completely understand why it's Shah's fav! it was so nice, simple, young :D lol i'm talkin abt the movie, yes. i really liked it becuz of his performance. it seemed like he had a really great time makin it!

5. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

AHH!!:heart::love:
    i just finished watching this movie!
    i LOVE it!!
    he was soooooooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know why this is Shah's fav movie! he was the best in it!
    and at the end, the girl was talking and when they put the camera on her im like :jaw: JUHI! ah! the best! i loved this movie! im SO HAPPY that i watched it!
    want to thank Dea for giving me the links and all :kiss::hug:

6. ZoOoZoOo

ZoOoZoOo I love SRK

7. yummy

yummy Fan girl since Fauji.

Missing out this movie is like missing to pick a diamond among other polished/cut crystals. It is a very special film. Rare coming together of several veteran actors and creative people. Its a rare mix of unsual flavors.

Kundan Shah's previous film 'Jaane bhi do yaaron' is considered one of the best comedies made in hindi films. And then this happened.

I think no one on earth can do this character better than Shahrukh. This role is meant for Shahrukh, I don't think the greatest of actors could have played it better.

The thing I like about this, it has several scenes which on the surface appear funny.. but kind of captures rare moments that everyone can relate too..

Like Sunil fidgetting about the exam results, like feeling guilty while facing the consequences of a lie,
    like Sunil fumbling to express his love for Anna to her parents,
    like moments of jealously when Sunil realizes that he is losing his girl to an apparently better looking friend,
    like trying desperately correct a situation that has gone all wrong ...

Its impossible to not 'feel' for the character, while on the surface its the usual flamboyant Shahrukh playing it.. I end of watching it with a smile on the face while strong feeling connected to what is happening onscreen.

It captures heartache and pangs of jealously beautifully, not the dramatic in exaggerated way made with an intent to make you cry. I guess some people do not relate to the movie because they do not have a Sunil inside them - the average, bumbling, problem kid who always messes up and wishes things weren't the way they are...

Debbie says thanks.
  8. sambasah

sambasah New Member

innocence of srk made the protagonist so much believable , my fav srk movie of all time