1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Juhi Chawla & Shreyas to star in SRK sitcom

Discussion in 'Ghar Ki Baat Hai' started by Bridget, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Juhi Chawla & Shreyas to star in SRK sitcom
    Jan 19, 2009 04:31 PM|
    Biz Asia, UK

Juhi Chawla to star in new SRK sitcomBollywood stars Juhi Chawla and Shreyas Talpade have been confirmed to appear in two episodes of NDTV Imagine's new show 'Ghar Ki Baat Hai'.

The sitcom produced by Shah Rukh Khan's production house Red Chillies, will be launching in India at the end of this month and in the UK in spring.

When TellyChakkar contacted, Bhavana Sresth, Creative Director of the show confirmed the news and said, "Yes, Juhi and Shreyas are going to play an important role in the show. They have been incorporated in the story not for the reason that they are popular celebrity faces but their characters are very important to the track of the show."

Talking about their characters Bhavana said, "They are going to play themselves in the show. Juhi and Shreyas will be seen in two different episodes. The date of the airing of these two episodes has not been decided upon as yet."

Before this, Juhi Chawla has appeared in STAR Plus' 'Baa Bahu Aur Baby'.

NDTV Imagine is currently in revamp mode with a slew of new shows to start in weeks to come. A new schedule for NDTV Imagine UK will be unveiled next month.

http://media247.co.uk/bizasia/newsarchive/2009/01/juhi_chawla_shr.php

2. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

exciting! i hope that srk's shows won't be like those annoying saas baahu serials. baa baahu aur baby is one those that are really irritating at times can't wait to see this show!

3. melan

melan New Member

Talking point with juhi babbar

The actor is all excited about making her small screen debut

Ghar Ki Baat Hai will be your television debut. What made you move to TV?
    I was very unhappy with the kind of mediocre roles I was getting in films. And theatre had completely spoilt me because we end up getting a lot of creative satisfaction. But one day, Bhavna came up to me with the script and asked me if I would like to do a serial that was a tribute to Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi. It was during the same time that I had bought DVDs of the same serial. So I thought why not try something new.

The serial is a tribute to Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi. Is it very similar to the original?
    The setup is the same and so are the day-to-day household issues. In the earlier version, Satish Shah played multiple roles. In this one Ali Asgar will do the same. I play the role played by Swaroop Sampat in the original. I play the role of a typical housewife who is addicted to the FM radio and also loves to chat on the phone. She loves buying things that are on sale. She is a lot of fun, but also quite dumb.

Since it’s your debut did you havea problem getting your comic timing right?
    That was never a worry because I have been doing theatre for a long time. I also get my comic timing right at most times because I have my mother’s acting genes. But I was nervous about facing the camera after four years.

The other actors in the serial - Ali Asgar, Sumeet Raghavan and Jayati Bhatia are established tele-stars. How was it working with them?
    They are a bunch of mad people who are stalwarts in comedy. They made me feel really comfortable and not once did I feel that I was a newcomer. Many times while shooting, I used to get so engrossed in their acting, that I forgot to deliver my dialogues and the director had to redo the scene.

How’s Shah Rukh Khan as a producer?
    He is extremely nice because he sees to it that his stars are comfortable. The quality of the show is what is worth talking about. Right from the sets to the vanity vans, everything has been taken care of very well.

You come from a family of actors. Does it raise expectations?
    Comparisons are inevitable. And now that my father is a politician, it’s worse. I have to think before I do or say things, or else they could hold it against my family.

What about theatre?
    That is my love, my world. Right now we have a workshop going on. There are also plays like Pencil se Duster and Begum Jaan coming up.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/talking-point-with-juhi-babbar/415294/

4. melan

melan New Member

5. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

YAY! :dance: i love shreyas but more so i love juhi!!! though i was dying to see her with srk :(

6. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

will be very good to see wish them all the best

7. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

wait was the interview shreyas or juhi :confused:

8. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

thats what i was trying to work out too!

they said "her" so im guessing its juhi
    wish them both luck and SRK even more for producing it :thumb:

9. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Interesting! :)
    Although we Europeans can't watch it...
    Maybe there will be some pics for us... ;)