1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Josh -- the Movie

Discussion in 'Josh' started by Meghna04, Jan 25, 2006.

1. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I am watching this one for the first time in maybe two years. I decided to catch up on my least favorites right now. I am trying to decided why this is not a favorite. What I am getting is that the story does not develop the love-interest of Shah RUkh's character. I just do not get connected to either of them. Yes, Shah Rukh and Ash make a good brother-sister pairing but that is not what the story is about. It is about each of their love interests! I just could not connect with either one of them on that level. The music is good and I don't mind listening to it. The story is another thing though. I think it is the director's downfall for not developing the Max and (?) love story. We never really get to see them connect except on the dance floor. The rest of the time they are just passing by and looking at each other, so to speak.

I will probably watch it again one day but not in the near-future!

2. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I have a very different interpretation MaryAnn, I think the main point is the brother-sister relationship and the love interests are there on the side.. I mean, I agree that you don't get much out of those love stories, but I guess it makes the film more enjoyable if you are not trying to..

This film isn't one of my favourites either, but one of the things I enjoy about it is that Max is a character who, when I'm watching him, I don't see Shahrukh at all, just Max...

(Well, haven't watched this one in ages myself, don't even remember when was the last time, probably couple of years ago when I did my own movie marathon where I watched all SRK films in order of their release...)

3. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

I liked the movie, Max and Shirly was sooooo bad and hilarious! Like someone else mentioned earlier, Prakash's brother did kind of mess the film up but it was still a good movie overall. I just watched it a few days back. The music is great. Also what MaryAnn said about Max's love interest is a bit true, wish there was more of them.

4. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

Josh means frenzy.

5. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

shahrukh961190267636.jpg SRK wore contact lenses in this movie trying to make his eyes match the twin sister's eyes. In the movie, to me they mostly looked brown as usual, but they are green in this picture. Maybe the photo was touched up?
    In the "making of" part of the DVD, SRK was talking about the twins. He said with a very serious face, "They are not identical twins." DUH! Identical twins have to be the same sex. He is so cute!