1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

JAB TAK HAI JAAN: A landmark music is awaited!

Discussion in 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan - Music' started by phul, Sep 24, 2012.

1. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

[​IMG]

By Abid, Glamsham Editorial

DIL SE, GURU, RAVAN, DILLI 6, SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE, etc, the Rahman-Gulzar combo has always worked magic. The maestro's spellbinding melodies and the master craftsman words has worked together in tandem and created music that has been loved by all. So when the two came together to create music for king of romance, SRK's then untitled project, directed by none other than veteran director Yash Chopra , naturally expectations rose sky high.
    For the uninitiated, it was us way back during last December (2011) when we had informed our patrons about the first song of the now titled, JAB TAK HAI JAAN. It was confirmed by none other than Gulzar Sahab himself who had revealed that they had already finalised the first song and that Yash Chopra is ecstatic with the result.
    Even though the first song promo has not yet been revealed, but when we saw the superb promo of JTHJ, unleashed to tumultuous response, just a few days back, we could hear some scintillating music that accompanied the wonderful, yet simple to comprehend poetry narrated by lead actor, Shah Rukh Khan.
    The soothing and highly refreshing background notes of 'santoor', the folk instrument of Jammu and Kashmir, is adding to the air of romance.
    Just to inform our patrons, Pandit Shiv Prasad Sharma, the exponent of 'santoor', who has worked with Yash Chopra (along with Hari Prasad Chaurasia, as Shiv-Hari), in films like SILSILA, CHANDNI, LAMHE, DARR etc and enthralled music lovers all over the world with some classy works (though the composer here is Rahman). And since a major portion of JTHJ has been shot extensively in Kashmir we do expect some lovely refreshing music, courtesy 'santoor'.
    One can also hear contemporary, modern music with violin, guitar and other western instruments in the background, that sets up the highly charged drama to perfection and it's an insight for wonderful things to come.
    Well, let's just wait for 'the' day when the album of JAB TAK HAI JAAN releases, as per sources in the first week of next month, and we are sure that the audio will surely meet the humongous expectations of the audience!
    http://in.omg.yahoo.com/news/jab-tak-hai-jaan-landmark-music-awaited-090037644.html

Tash, mumbiene, MaryAnnK and 2 others thanked this.
  2. sid

sid SRK Fanatic

the first promo release of a song on Yash chopra birthday 27th September.Music release on 2nd November the Kings Birthday .Because they do some kind of release on SRK birthday .Remember Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi the release first poster .So this year first Song promo or Music release

3. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

We don't know yet if the music promo or full music is releasing on the 27th or if anything at all. But 2nd november would be too late for the music release

4. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

we know that there's a song called "challa ve" sung by rabbi shergill! :cheer2::cheer2:

kalee.. remember when i had this ALL wrong and i was soo confident also! :lol: FAIL (we need a fail emoticon!)

5. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

:lol::p

6. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

ar rahman said in an interview that these singers have sung songs for JTHJ: Rabbi Shergill, Shakti, Javed Ali, Harshdeep Kaur, Neeti Mohan...

havent heard of any of them :p
    looking forward to the songs :bounce:

Wafa says thanks.
  7. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Wafa says thanks.
  8. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

Not too long to go now. The music should release in the first of october and a song promo could release anytime in the next few days.

Wafa says thanks.
  9. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh Khan looks forward to release of Challa track from Jab Tak Hai Jaan
    Indo-Asian News Service | Sunday, September 30, 2012 (Mumbai)

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan says that Challa, the first track from his much-anticipated film Jab Tak Hai Jaan, will release on Monday.

"Challa will be out on the Oct 1 (Monday). Looking forward to it, haven't seen it since we finished shooting it," the 46-year-old tweeted.

Directed by Yash Chopra, the film will see the 46-year-old playing the role of an army officer named Samar. The movie also stars Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma.

Jab Tak Hai Jaan is slated to release on Nov 13.
    http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story....word=bollywood&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA&nid=273902

Tash, Wafa and iamsrking thank this.
  10. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Well come on people! Its already Monday where I am (12.28am) - where is it?!!!! :p

11. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

not so fast :boink: go to sleep first :p

12. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................

13. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

lol, don't rush things chris, this one in particular is not in my favour.

I'm so excited, thrilled, nervous, to listen to the songs. feel goosebumps all over... its a count down!

14. natalyaK

natalyaK Well-Known Member

15. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I purchased the album from iTunes and I am really enjoying the music. Since Hindi is not my first language, it takes a while for me to "get into the music." But, the more I listen and begin to understand the words, I am really enjoying all of it! I think my favorite is Challa!