1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

It’s extremely unfortunate: Shah Rukh Khan on Vadodara mishap

Discussion in 'RAEES' started by phul, Jan 24, 2017.

1. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

It’s extremely unfortunate: Shah Rukh Khan on Vadodara mishap

By PTI -
    January 24, 2017
    Superstar Shah Rukh Khan has expressed his grief over the Vadodara station mishap, which left one person dead and two policemen injured calling it “extremely unfortunate”.
    The 51-year-old actor, who was travelling in August Kranti Rajdhani, said his prayers are with the family of the deceased.
    [​IMG]
    Photo courtesy: ani
    Farheed Khan Pathan, a local politician from Vadodara, died of cardiac arrest at the station after the crowd went berserk to get a glimpse of the superstar last night.
    The deceased was the relative of a journalist, who was travelling in the same train, and came to meet her.
    “One of our colleagues was traveling with us. Her uncle came down to see her at Vadodara. He suffered from a cardiac arrest. It was really unfortunate. We started the journey thinking we all will travel, spend time with each other when one of your own loses someone one on a trip like this, it saddens us all.
    “On behalf of everyone, our prayers and blessings are with the whole family. She has reached there. I just spoke to her.
    I think the burial is in an hour or half hour. We have some of our people with the family members there. Hopefully God will bless her soon,” Shah Rukh told reporters at the Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station here.
    SRK’s fans had gathered in large number at Vadodara station to watch their favourite star, who had boarded the train from Mumbai and was going to Delhi as part of the promotional campaign for his film.
    The crowd went out of control when the train halted and some of them started banging window panes. Police had to resort to mild lathicharge to control the situation.
    Cricketers Irrfan and Yusuf Pathan were also present at the Vadodara station to meet the superstar.
    Despite the incident, massive crowd turned out at Ratlam and Kota stations. Policemen were deployed to control the fans.
    The 51-year-old actor had boarded the train from Mumbai Central station for Delhi as part of his promotional campaign ‘Raees by Rail’. He was accompanied by film’s producer Ritesh Sidhwani, Sunny Leone and director Rahul Dholakia.
    http://www.jantakareporter.com/india/extremely-unfortunate-shah-rukh-khan-vadodara-mishap/96644/

rollercoast says thanks.
  2. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Crazy situation.

3. phul

‘Raees’ by rail: One dead, 2 injured; Railway Minister orders probe

Newsd28 mins ago0
    [​IMG]
    Source: Financial Express
    One person died and two police man sustained injuries on the crowded Vadodara railway platform, when Shah Rukh Khan arrived on board the August Kranti Express on Monday to promote his upcoming film Raees.
    While the actor did not step down from the train, choose to wave at the crowds and urged them to watch the film on a loudspeaker.
    Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Tuesday took to Twitter to say he has directed Director General of Railway Protection Force to investigate the matter and take stern action against any lapse even as Khan described as “really unfortunate” the death of the 45-year-old man identified as Farid Khan Pathan, a local politician from Vadodara.
    The Gujarat Railway Police ordered an inquiry into the chaos and subsequent death of the man after an estimated 15,000-strong crowd went berserk in the rush to have a look at the 51-year-old superstar when the Mumbai-Delhi August Kranti Rajdhani Express train made its scheduled halt in Vadodara at 10.30 PM last night.
    The inquiry was ordered by Western Railway Superintendent of Police (SP), Vadodara Division, Sharad Singhal, who confirmed the death of Pathan during the chaos.
    The deceased was a relative of one of the journalists travelling with SRK, and had apparently come to meet her.
    SRK had boarded the train from Mumbai Central for Delhi as part of his promotional campaign Raees by Rail.
    Among others, cricketers Irrfan and Yusuf Pathan, who reside in Vadodara, were also at the station to meet Khan, Singhal said.
    “On behalf of everyone, our prayers and blessings are with the whole family. She has reached there. I just spoke to her…We have some of our people with the family members there,” Shah Rukh told reporters at Delhis Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station.
    https://newsd.in/raees-rail-one-dead-2-injured-railway-minister-orders-probe/

4. phul

Shah Rukh Khan deeply anguished by the death of a fan in Vadodara

ByFaridoon Shahryar
    Jan 24, 2017 - 11:15 hrs IST

[​IMG]
    A deluge of people converged at Vadodara Station last night to catch a glimpse of Shah Rukh Khan who was travelling by August Kranti Rajdhani Express. Mr Khan interacted with his fans and once the train left, a mild lathi charge was done by the police which led to people dispersing. A middle aged man named Farid Khan suffered a heart attack and passed away. Mr Farid was a huge SRK fan and was the maternal uncle of Samina who works in an entertainment channel and is part of the media crew that is travelling along with team Raees in the train.
    Rahul Dholakia and Ritesh Sidhwani expressed shock at this untimely demise of one of the biggest fans of SRK. Khan spoke to the media on the train a short while back and expressed his heartfelt condolence with the family. He informed that his team made the arrangements at Ratlam station last night so that Samina and her mom can reach Vadodara. They have already reached Vadodara and the funeral is scheduled shortly. Mr Khan said that he was deeply anguished and prayed for the soul of the departed.
    http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/bollywood/shah-rukh-khan-deeply-anguished-death-fan-vadodara/

5. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

well i heard it was a cardiac arrest and the was a seperate issue and not related to raees by rail at all?

6. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Yes, I think the family has even confirmed that. It would be typical of the media though to turn this into something it's not. Let's hope the focus stays on the film.

7. phul

EXCLUSIVE! SRK sends help to the man’s family who died during ‘Raees’ promotions

Stuti Srivastava | Updated: Jan 24, 2017, 07.47 PM IST#2017-01-24T19:47+00:00
    [​IMG]
    Late Monday night a tragedy stuck at Vadodara during a promotional tour for 'Raees'. Shah Rukh Khan and the team, as a promotional strategy for the film, planned to travel by train from Mumbai to Delhi. However, as announcements were made about the star's arrival, many gathered at the stations to meet and greet Shah Rukh. The plan of the 'Raees' team was to have fun along the journey, but a tragedy struck as a man lost his life due to stampede and suffocation at the Vadodara station.

Farid Khan, a politician and a hotelier, lost his life due to suffocation because of the mad rush at the station. He was soon rushed to the hospital but was declared dead on arrival. It was very unfortunate as the deceased was an uncle of a journalist on board the train. He had come to the station with his kids to greet his niece and her mother who were on board the train too.

MissKyra team EXCLUSIVELY spoke to journalist Samina Shaikh whose uncle lost his life in Vadodara stampede incident. She revealed, "It's unfortunate that my uncle lost his life due to suffocation in the crowd as he was a heart patient. However, Shah Rukh Khan and his team made sure that my mother and I reach safely to my uncle's funeral. We got down at Ratlam and SRK's team arranged a car for us to Vadodara to attend my uncle's burial. "

The journalist also spoke about how Shah Rukh Khan broke down while consoling her. Talking about it, she said, " When I narrated the incident to Shah Rukh, he was in tears as he could genuinely feel the pain that I and my family were going through. Apart from making arrangements for me and my mother from Ratlam to Vadodara, he also made arrangements for my relatives who flew in from Mumbai to Vadodara to attend my uncle's last rites. Though SRK was busy with his film's promotions in Delhi event, he even made sure to know about my family and provided whatever help possible. "

The deceased's mother also spoke to MissKyra about SRK being unnecessarily dragged into a controversy regarding the matter. She said, " We have nothing against Shah Rukh Khan as he is not at fault. He is also like my son, I would like to thank him for making last moment arrangements for our family to be a part of my son's funeral. The incident has nothing to do with SRK's 'Raees' promotional event, my son fell prey to the crowd and succumbed to death due to suffocation. All we want is prayers from everyone for my son. "

Shah Rukh also commented on the incident, and said, "One of our colleagues was travelling with us. Her uncle came down to see her at the Vadodara and then he suffered a cardiac arrest. It's really unfortunate because we'd really thought of this as a journey where we'd all travel and spend time with each other. And you know, when one of your own loses someone on a trip like this, it saddens us all. On behalf of everyone, I'd just like to say that our blessings and prayers are with the whole family. She's reached there, I just spoke with her. I think the burial is an hour or half and hour. We have some of our people with the family members also, so inshallah, God will bless his soul."
    http://www.misskyra.com/celebs/shah...ing-raees-promotions/articleshow/56754420.cms

Tash says thanks.
  8. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

may the soul of the deceased rest in peace ameen. im glad the family confirmed this even though they were going through tough times or it would of given these fanatics another excuse to jump in the air

rollercoast says thanks.