1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Devdas' ending a Mystery?

Discussion in 'Devdas' started by haseena, Jan 23, 2007.

1. ashiq

ashiq New Member

I never read the book. maybe someone else can tell us?
    regardless, I'd rather to watch the movie and shah rukh's performance makes it ten times better than just reading the book

2. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

well i just saw the movie
    there is no bite mark, it's a tattoo, if u are atentive, Paro's son in law confirms her the man outside the house (Devdas) has an incomplete tattoo he made with her at a carnival during their childhood
    but, as u said, Devdas doesn't die from drinking, he dies becuz he loves Paro so much and doesn't do anything abt it becuz of his difficult personality.
    hope i cleared out things for u :)

later edit: aha i got it now, u weren't reffering to the tattoo, well as the others said, it might have been just dust and stuff, u know, ant the closeup is symbolic, he wanted to get to her and he died
    :D
    but, now, seriously, the movie was so sad...and i had no idea SRK really had problems that year out of drinking and depression... sry to hear that, i would have never expected such a thing :confused:

3. Atina

Atina Well-Known Member

AW: Is Devdas' ending a Mystery?

4. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

its confusing to me becoz i dont understand, does paro stay alive at the end? whats the point...she wont be happy

its like she'll live in suffering becoz the one she truly loved dies & now she's stuck with an old man who has children older than her & one of them isnt a good person :tsk:

but at least it was a twist & it leaves you to figure it out on your own

5. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

So you think she should die because she's unhappy? :suspicious:

Isn't this a little black-or-white way of thinking? It seems rather filmi to me and I believe that's what got Devdas and Paro in trouble in the first place. They convinced themselves that they were madly in love, they were more enamoured with the feeling of being madly in love than with each other and then it was either a big happiness or a big tragedy....an exalted, over the top tragedy, excessive drinking, crying the whole nights through....that's so silly! Real life is about so much more than adolescent feelings of despair and "live is not worth living with the one you are in love with!"- kind of an attitude.

6. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

the thing is luxia,

it IS a film so obviously the whole thing seems 'filmi'

7. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

wait.. shahrukh suffered from alcohol problems? :jaw:
    when did tht happen??? how and why?!

can someone explain tht plz!

edit: ok i read tht some of u read somewhere tht he got drunk and all.. is there any way i can get tht article?

8. Chandrani

Chandrani Ullu-Club-Cat

I can't help you Kuwait, I am sorry.

To this I can answer. I read the book and loved it... :heart: It is a little different of course. But still the ending is almost the same.

Devdas comes back to the village where Paro lives. He knows he will soon die, and tries to hurry. Paro asks her husband's children about the man lying outside, too weak to get up. When she understands it is Devdas, she tries to run to him, but is caught. She faints and awakes only the next morning. Devdas' body has been already carried away and most probably burned. Paro says only:
    "He came in the middle of the night, didn't he? All night..." And then nothing else.

The writer finishes the book by saying he doesn't know what happened to Paro, but it doesn't matter since this book is about Devdas. Then he gives advice to the reader, to not to lead a life like the one of Devdas, and to pray for his poor soul.

I hope this helps. I can't myself see the biting marks you are talking about, no matter how hard I try. :eek:

9. ZaraaKhan

ZaraaKhan ♥ Mohabbat_Girl ♥

I remember when I saw Shahrukh as Devdas die, Ï was still a little girl (It was the first hindi movie I saw, but I loved Shahrukh even then:heart:) and i cried so much in the end of the movie when Devdas died :crazy:

10. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

i think that is what you say as well. srk got hurt so thats what that scar was from

11. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

where did you get that from?? :eek: i cant imagine sharu being like this unless its for a role...:confused: